User Tag List

First 23456 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Heart, so that total defiant obstinance is INFP, you think?
    Without thought for the consequenses? Yes, that's my opinon. What socially aware person doorslams the one who feeds them before developing a plan B?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

The one who's made up her mind she's just not havin' it anymore, consequences be damned?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    The one who's made up her mind she's just not havin' it anymore, consequences be damned?
    You'll get nowhere with Heart when she's in this total defiant obstinance mode.

heart on fire

There wasn't anything wise about Jane telling her aunt off like that. Believe me it's not an insult to Fe's to say they might perhaps handle the situation with more social finesse.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post

Take that:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    HA!

If it's true Jane's an INFP, then so am I. That's what I'm pondering.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    ^ It's how she stands up and how she feels afterwards, not the fact that she stood up. Total definant obstinance. She only feels a child's fear of the consequenses.

I never said an Fe would not stand up, I merely said they would probably find a less obstinate way of doing so.
    As an INFP, I relate to defiant obstinance, so maybe you're right. One of my sisters is more Fe dominant, and even if she feels a similar way about a circumstance or situation, she'll generally find either a more A) manipulative or B) avoidant way of handling the situation. When she does act out, it's more in the tone of annoying, persistant lecturing than an explosion of crying or yelling or telling someone off abruptly.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    As an INFP, I relate to defiant obstinance, so maybe you're right. One of my sisters is more Fe dominant, and even if she feels a similar way about a circumstance or situation, she'll generally find either a more A) manipulative or B) avoidant way of handling the situation. When she does act out, it's more in the tone of annoying, persistant lecturing than an explosion of crying or yelling or telling someone off abruptly.
    But remember, Jane has been ostracized by Mrs. Reid and her children repeatedly since her birth and had just been locked up in the 'Red Room' so Jane must have been in a distressed state of mind then. Nevertheless, I do see Jane as a kind of INFJ.

As for Mr. Rochester, the mood swings, arrogance, imperious tone of voice, hidden past. Sounds like an xNTJ to me. :-)

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    In the movies, she's usually played as INFJ.
    I just watched Franco Zeffirelli's Jane Eyre again last night, and as an adult, Jane definitely appears as INFJ. Her very words scream it out...
    "We will work hard and be content."
    "I always wanted to achieve more."
    "I think none of us are without some fault to hide."

The display of austerity and self-control is so INFJ.

I do feel that Jane as a child is INFP, though. And I totally relate to that. I was INFP as a child. Social influences and omnipresent SJ demands turned me into an INFJ during my teenage years. I entered adulthood a clean-cut INFJ. But I tend to go into the P mode when I'm depressed and I start to go deep into introspection like there's no tomorrow.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Haven't read it in a long time, but yeah that sounds right.

Refusing to marry the rich guy because his crazy wife was still alive screams Fi.
    Ha ha. I think that screams you have a brain in your head.

Marrying the rich guy because you love him and it doesn't matter that his crazy wife is howling up in the attic... you could argue that that screams Fi.

All I know is- and I read this book like twenty years ago- is that I didn't feel like I had much in common with Janie, whatever that means. But I dug the book. Although I for sure like Wuthering Heights more.

Emily kicks Charlotte's ass!