User Tag List

First 12345 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    But her aunt was an abusive piece of shit who deserved to be jumped at.
    An Fe might have been able to find a way to deal without being so obstinate. It's not about whether it was right or wrong for her to have railed against the aunt, but rather how the different types might have reacted to the same situation.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    And Emily makes Cathy in WH a ENFJ.
    Cathy strikes me more as ENFP ...
    "Imagination creates beauty, hope, magic, and happiness, which are everything in this world."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

An Fe might have been able to find a way to deal without being so obstinate. It's not about whether it was right or wrong for her to have railed against the aunt, but rather how the different types might have reacted to the same situation.
    That was the classic INFJ door slam. The reason it is so debilitating to the receiver is precisely that it is so unexpected, and it's delivered with the perfect confidence that the receiver deserves every syllable and zero sympathy, straight between the eyes.

ETA: And then comes the immediate guilt. :-D

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't know about that. People who are abused to that degree either start fighting back or become extremely passive and victim-y. I don't know if Fe necessarily makes a person more likely to take on the victim personality. Maybe.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by michL87 View Post
    Cathy strikes me more as ENFP ...
    Oh no way. Cathy is a morbid, high strung thing. Definitely an ENFJ. Trust me, I live with one.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I saw the Orson Welles movie a couple of weeks ago. Jane is definitely an INFx. My guess would be INFJ from the movie, but I have no idea about the book version of Jane.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I saw the Orson Welles movie a couple of weeks ago. Jane is definitely an INFx. My guess would be INFJ from the movie, but I have no idea about the book version of Jane.
    Movies almost always destroy the original integrity of the books they're based off of. Could be a fabulous movie, but nothing like the book. I haven't seen a single version of Jane Eyre that I thought was even remotely close to the book. Not bad movies, but not right either.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

How can you say what type Helen Burns might have been. She wasn't around long enough to tell imo.

I may have mistaken enneagram type. A couple weeks ago I had a dream that I discussed Charlotte Bronte's enneagram type with someone and I wasn't right, according to him. So maybe the author was infx type one. Or maybe she was infp self preservation type.

I mean, she experienced so much death throughout her life, beginning with her mother, most of her siblings died before she was out of her teen years.

Still I think she was infp. But I would NEVER allow someone to treat me like Mrs. Reed did without saying something. I would have been sent to the dark room a million times (and broke John's arm as well) if I lived with that wicked woman!

If infj means one puts up with nonsense like that than I am definitely something else.

heart on fire

^ It's how she stands up and how she feels afterwards, not the fact that she stood up. Total definant obstinance. She only feels a child's fear of the consequenses.

I never said an Fe would not stand up, I merely said they would probably find a less obstinate way of doing so.

Ere I had finished this reply my soul began to expand, to exult, with the strangest sense of freedom, of triumph, I ever felt. It seemed as if an invisible bond had burst, and-that I had struggled out into unhoped-for liberty. Not without cause was this sentiment; Mrs. Reed looked frightened; her work had slipped from her knee; she was lifting up her hands, rocking herself to and fro, and even twisting her face as if she would cry.

I was left there aloneŚwinner of the field. It was the hardest battle I had fought, and the first victory I had gained. I stood awhile on the rug, where Mr. Brocklehurst had stood, and I enjoyed my conqueror's solitude. First, I smiled to myself and felt elate; but this fierce pleasure subsided in me as fast as did the accelerated throb of my pulses. A child cannot quarrel with its elders, as I had done; cannot give its furious feelings uncontrolled play, as I had given mine; without experiencing afterwards the pang of remorse and the chill 6f reaction.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Heart, so that total defiant obstinance is INFP, you think?