• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

se7en

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I get:
Detective Summerset (morgan freeman) - INTP
Detective Mills (brad pitt) - ESTP
John doe (kevin spacey) - ISFJ or INFJ

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with Mills (or maybe ISTP). I think Sommerset is more INTJ, and John Doe is definitely INFJ, or maybe INFP.

nozflubber

MBTI Type
Hype
not really, but it just doesn't seem to fit ...

"fucking dante, frikkin poetry writing FAGGOT" - does that sound like ESFJ verbage to you? Mills practically screams ESTP if you ask me.

what about Paltrow's character? I was thinking ISTJ or INTJ for her.

EDIT: sorry but i wanted to correct this ad hoc - the precise quote is Fucking Dante … goddamn poetry-writing faggot! Piece of shit, fucker!

easy to see why Wrath is his sin :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"fucking dante, frikkin poetry writing FAGGOT" - does that sound like ESFJ verbage to you? Mills practically screams ESTP if you ask me.

I gotta go with this one, his language and behavior was much more within ESTP behavior.

Sommerset seemed to me to be more of a data collector and "open" than an INTJ would, so I lean towards IXTP. He also definitely was following T first, and just using Se/Ne to supplement it -- collecting puzzle pieces, then assembling them in ways that made sense.

Psychotic people, to me, break down type-wise. I can't tell by looking at John Doe exactly what he was, except for the I. If he's dominated by a Judging function, and you're just seeing his Judging function at work in his diaries, he can still be a P where the Ji function is being projected into the external world (in lieu of the normal Pe function) because he really doesn't have any healthy relationships.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I was thinking Paltrow's character to be ISFJ.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I get:
Detective Summerset (morgan freeman) - INTP
Detective Mills (brad pitt) - ESTP
John doe (kevin spacey) - ISFJ or INFJ

Yeah, I think I'd agree with Summerset and Mills (although yeah, summerset could be ISTP too; been a while since I've watched the movie), with John Doe as INFJ (sadly). Jennifer makes excellent points re. the psychotic aspect, but I just think the vibe/etc is rather like a dark, extremely disturbed INFJ who chose to dive down that path, executing everything with precision.

nozflubber

MBTI Type
Hype
you say "Down the path", but what it really comes down to is he really had tell tale XXFJ signs, and he definitely seemed introverted, which led me to that IXFJ...

Psychoticism is def a variable that can fuck up type perception, but here's the thing Jenn et al : I'm not necessarily convinced he, John Doe/kevin spacey, WAS psychotic. Psychoticism is doing violent acts w/o regard to righteousness; he did those things BECAUSE of righteousness. The actions he commited may have legitimately been caused by normalized human reasoning, in this case extreme Fe facilitated by I- lonliness as Jenn mentioned.

basically, i think he's typable, but perhaps only because the complexity of his character was never known and we may as well presume that it can be known. He kept no logs, just righteous commentary, maybe thats a clue to his type:

What sick ridiculous puppets we are / and what gross little stage we dance on / What fun we have dancing and fucking / Not a care in the world / Not knowing that we are nothing / We are not what was intended. ... TELL me that's not hyperactive Fe?? honestly? Lol

also, my basis for IXFJ is supported by much imagery in the film: JOHN DOE (FROM SEVEN) in the Serial Killer Calendar

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Interesting Noz. What about the possibility of INFP? Amazing Te usage, Fi personal value system, etc... What made you think FJ? Is it because he wanted to shock society?

nozflubber

MBTI Type
Hype
No, he produced said shock as a marketing campaign, he admiited that.... it's just the way he's brandishing his form of righteousness - an INFP's righteousness would be more targetted and deliberate. John Doe got righteous on a bunch of disgusting strangers, but strangers nonetheless - pure Fe rage. I believe INFP's would only murder people they knew personally and KNEW, first hand, that they were evil. That's the personality of Fi.

I could be wrong though, i could see INFP i suppose. Passion was his modus operandi, we should draw his type with that in fact, no?

EDIT: now that i say it that way, i could see INTJ for John doe, too. Obsessive need for a well-ordered structured, and meaningful society.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
That's a good point. But since he did track these people for years and became so upset when speaking about them personally, I thought it could be Fi gone wrong. He really believed them to be monsters. I would think Fe would be less personal, to be honest. And the planning and execution of each murder... my goodness, no amount of Fe could ever match that Te. But I have no idea how crazy works.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Come to think of it, he could really be INTJ.

nozflubber

MBTI Type
Hype
yeah, that's why a strong extraverted judging function would have been used in the murders - he basically had to reduce the victims into worthless sinners, mentally. That takes cognitive efforts!

"It takes willpower to bleed a man to death, to force feed him spaghetti until he bursts".... That's GOT to be Te, or Fe.

I think it's Fe.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Have you ever typed any other serial killers or cult figures? How would you type Manson? ESFJ?

nozflubber

MBTI Type
Hype
IMHO, manson was on too many drugs to type, and genuinely might have been too "gone". Hallucinogens make typing by verbage impossible.

Ted bundy, on the other hand... that guy is the kind of killer we should be scared about.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
But Manson wasn't always on drugs, that came later. He was in and out of prisons since he was a kid. I say ExFJ, most likely S. But what do you think of Bundy?

nozflubber

MBTI Type
Hype
Manson was NONSENSICAL - they chopped his brain apart for a fucking reason -the arrangement of his brain was an unknown variable that couldn't be ignored.

John Doe in se7en had MUCH more purpose, drive, consistancy, and meaning to his acts. Manson was an artistic flusy! TOTALLY different. Why are you testing me, jen?! are you upset INTPs can see serial killers better than the SUPPOSED Ne masters can, huh?!

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Manson was not nonsensical. He was a typical narcissist. Nothing fancy about it.
And he was intelligent as hell. He masterminded entire devious plots and never got his hands dirty until the end when he brought other alpha males into the family. I believe it was the drug usage that contributed to his poor judgment. But I find him to be very systematic and calculating.

the fact that you feel this is a test is all the more reason why INTPs should never have any power. You buckle under pressure too easily... I'm just getting started.

nozflubber

MBTI Type
Hype
w/e, trash talkin ENTP girls don't phase me!!

On the subway today, a man came up to me to start a conversation. He made small talk, a lonely man talking about the weather and other things. I tried to be pleasant and accommodating, but my head hurt from his banality. I almost didn't notice it had happened, but I suddenly threw up all over him. He was not pleased, and I couldn't stop laughing.

do u think that's Fi or Fe?

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Well, that sounds like it could be either. I don't think it's fair to type someone based on 5 sentences.

(pwned, you say?)