• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

phish

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
trey enfp (7w6? 7w8?)
mike infj (4w5?)
fish entp (4w3?)
page isfp (9w8?)

still trying to figure out lyricist tom marshall for a paper i am writing. seems N to me, but i haven't quite gotten into it yet. something probably j, lacks p big picture context and is more hyper-focused on details that make sense to him internally.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ok on second thought, trey is definitely entp 4w3.

fishman is either an entp or an intp, i can't tell. the acid sleep story, the class clown persona, the beard, the flinstones dress, the vaccuum cleaner solo, the constant nudity feel a bit entp to me, as does his drumming style which (never play the same thing twice) wreaks of inferior Si. he also keeps up wiht trey, and pushes things along in new directions very aggressively. i kinda think mike might actually be a 5w4. 99% introverted, can't imagine him getting histrionic at all even internally, just d e t a c h m e n t. page seems more and more obvious as the easy-going isfp. but so fatherly! j? isfj?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
on second thought, enfp makes way more sense than entp. i don't know why i started second guessing. the ultimate champion of a cause. self-actualization, the whole band gets such an nf feel at times when they talk about their purpose and their goals.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Mike is def. an introvert; could certianly see him as Ti dom, but it's hard to tell.

"You don't gotta tell me,
I don't gotta move,
'Cause I'm sittin' back here,
Sharing in the groove..."

"I walk through the hallways
Inside my mind
I chase the backbeat
Far behind

Big dude in the doorway
Was blockin' my way
He reached and grabbed me
And this is what he said..."

Fish I think either ESFP, ISFP, or ENTP.
I would not be at all surprised if Page was a J.
Trey can't tell much of anything.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Trey doesn't write the lyrics? Really?

Anyway Trey ENFP, Mike INTP...I don't really know anything about the other two guys.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow, so Trey actually writes fewer lyrics than any other performing band member?

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Wow, so Trey actually writes fewer lyrics than any other performing band member?

Actually I don't know how many of the songs are his lyrics. You can kind of tell with some of the songs who wrote what -- Marshall's lyrics, Trey's composition, and Page's composition are all very distinctive -- but beyond the songs of TMWSIY and Junta I'm not sure what lyrics Trey has written. Marshall certainly does most of them, though.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
page could be isfj or isfp but isfp makes more sense to me. all he talks about is listening. very good at being the glue. behind-the-scenes definitely. seems like a really laid back isfp type. they called him the dad of the band. i get some Se, he has that sfp smile. i don't know, i'd like to hear more impressions.

i think tom is istj. i get dominant Si. he is introverted and very uncomfortable. the lyrics seem Si. his eyes seem Si. i don't really get why him and trey get along so well.

mike is an F all the way. i'd say infj pretty strongly, but i considered infp for a long time. he talks about feeling more like himself in the context of phish than any other time/place in his life. he's soooo self-aware/self-conscious. feeling liberated. his whole mike's corner thing and his documentaries and his interviews all feel Ni dom to me. he's got the j uptightness. songs like contact and "the grid" from his solo work seem more infj than infp. i think leo kottke is an infj too.

fish i lean towards entp very heavily.

i can't tell if trey seems more 4w3 or 7w8.

Kool Keith

MBTI Type
INFP
I've been on a Phish kick lately and I searched out this thread, specifically to see how people would rate Trey.

I had guessed ESTP. The E and P are obvious.

And from what I know of Trey (and it's not a ton or anything), he does not seem much like an F at all. He is straight thinker all the way, not afraid to be a dick, doesn't care about your feelings type.

And I guessed S because he seems like a real live-in-the-moment kind of guy, the way he is all about the Live Show. I also thought that since he doesn't do well with the lyrics, and Phish's lyrics in general are just pure nonsense most of the time.

Despite the supreme inventive nature of his music, I didn't think that N fit.

Anyone care to comment?

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Well he doesn't really remind me of any of the ESTPs I know, but he could just be a different "flavor" ESTP. IMO he has more of an ENTJ or ESTJ vibe.

Or MBTI is just a load of horse shit...

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
trey is an entp. i'm feeling 7w8, very prankster-y. i still think mike is infj, but my second guess is infp. he's not a T. fishman i'm still not sure about, obvious tp. page is isfp.

bcubchgo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Trey: ENTP/Jish - the reason why i say this is because he's very focused on "structures" even though he's an improviser. Just listen to his more "composed" pieces. Not only are they out of the box, they do not ramble at all, they have purpose.
Mike: INTP - can't play the same note or phrase twice (a good thing)
Fish: ISTP - total engineer mentality - obsessed with details and not afraid to put pieces together that don't seem to fit
Page: ISTJ - the only grounded member of the group - also the least creative but a solid backup guy. probably runs the business for the band.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i would actually say trey is entp 7w6 sx/so (has that 7w6 enthusiasm and sx/so ambition), mike is infj 5w4 or 4w5 sp/sx, fish seems estp 7w8 to me (more of a class clown, outgoing, likable gregarious energy), and page seems isfp 9w8.

bcubchgo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I think all members of the band are T types, personally.

Mike does not strike me as a "feeler" - just listen to his "songs" that he wrote for the band.. none of them have any "emotions" to them - they are all play on words or theoretical.
Page might be a slight F, but I still think he's a T overall. The reason why I don't think he's a P is because his playing style is actually sort of grounded and rigid. he can improvise but not as abstractly as the rest of the band. He's a support player, with a "solid" style, albeit a damn good one.
The reason why I don't think Fish is an E is because he uses his "class clown" stage antics as a way to "come out of his shell". He's less focused on being social than flaunting his intelligence as a musician, which i think comes from an introverted sense of self. He focuses on very complex ideas and I believe he is a "thinker", all which point more to I, not E.