• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pixar Movies and Type

Popstar73

MBTI Type
ENTP
I use Keirsey to teach new supervisors group dynamics. I like to show movies of the various temperaments in leadership or mentoring situations. I love using Woody from Toy Story to illustrate Idealist leadership and Crush from Finding Nemo for Artisan. I've used Flick from Bug's Life for the Rationalist...but I'm not stoked on it and I'm really stuck on finding a Guardian type. Poor SJs always seem to be the bad guys or the stick in the mud in movies. I've been using Jennifer Lopez in the Wedding Planner, but I kind of would like to try to do an all Pixar thing.

Any ideas of characters and scenes that would be demonstrative?

Thanks!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I use Keirsey to teach new supervisors group dynamics. I like to show movies of the various temperaments in leadership or mentoring situations. I love using Woody from Toy Story to illustrate Idealist leadership and Crush from Finding Nemo for Artisan. I've used Flick from Bug's Life for the Rationalist...but I'm not stoked on it and I'm really stuck on finding a Guardian type. Poor SJs always seem to be the bad guys or the stick in the mud in movies. I've been using Jennifer Lopez in the Wedding Planner, but I kind of would like to try to do an all Pixar thing.

Any ideas of characters and scenes that would be demonstrative?

Thanks!

Guardian conflicts
  • Finding Nemo: Nemo's dad is a Guardian fish who has trouble letting go of his son. The early trauma of his wife's death placed a lot of responsibility on the dad to make sure his son would never get hurt and he would never fail in his responsibilities. (I think rather an male ISFJ mentality.)
  • Incredibles: Helen Parr (Guardian, ISFJ) vs Bob Parr (Artisan, ISFP) -- the major conflict here is between stability/security vs freedom to act. Helen coped very well with the shift to civilian life, it suited her personality, but for Bob it was a slow death. In the end, they compromise by bringing the family into the adventuring thing.

Rationalist conflicts
  • Incredibles: Buddy/Syndrome ENTJ, seeks to amass power, uses technology creatively (except, of course, for the darn cape!) to control/dominate others, his own amoral tendencies destroy him, vs Edna Mode (INTJ?) who uses her abilities for good and is more focused on exploring and creating items that combine functionality and aesthetics.
  • Incredibles: Syndrome (ENTJ) ends up using Mirage (INFJ) as a barter chip/bluff in his power struggle with Mr. Incredible (ISFP); Mr. Incredible backs down because his values don't include hurting people in that context (despite being so strong, he's pretty ISFP in his gentle good-humored nature); Syndrome doesn't even realize that Mirage was hurt by his actions, he was just being strategic and pragmatic; Mirage (typical INFJ fashion) is furious because (1) she was not in control of herself, she had been totally violated and taken advantage of and (2) while she admires powerful men, she also has a strong sense of morality and Syndrome not just callously blew up a plane with a children on it but treated her like she was a trinket, violating her personhood... There will be no Second Date. :D

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Sometimes Woody is very SJ. He was strongly against the shift from Himself being leader to Buzz and he often tried to set an example for the rest of the toys(ESTJ, I think)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sometimes Woody is very SJ. He was strongly against the shift from Himself being leader to Buzz and he often tried to set an example for the rest of the toys(ESTJ, I think)

Woody is far too gentle and soft-hearted in his approach to others to be ESTJ, he leads more by personal example (an Ixxx trait) than by pushing others around.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I see Woody as more ISFJ. Quiet and rule abidding. In the end values his friendship with Buzz over popularity. :yes:

Popstar73

MBTI Type
ENTP
Thanks!

I like Elastigirl and Marlin for the SJ...I'm going to have to watch them again to find a good 5 minute scene where they are related to in a positive manner. Any thoughts about EVE from WALL-E as ISTJ? She seems directive and procedural - but since she's a robot, its kind of hard.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Marlin- ISFJ
Dory- ESFP
Nemo- ISFP
Gill- ISTP
Crush- _SFP