First 12

Thread: Sheryl Crow?

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    It'll be nice to know whether she wrote them all by herself or with somebody else... Some songs like Ironic and A change would do you good screams of Ni humor.
    i tried to lookup ironic but all i found were alanis morrissette lyrics. does sheryl crow cover it or is it a different song? alanis, i think, is an enfj.

a change would do you good has a bit of a scattered imagistic feel to it, but i could see Si there as well. i don't really see any leaps. she does seem to have Fe and pretty well-integrated Ti. also seems healthy, confident, etc.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Ooops, my fault for Ironic. Alanis Morrissette wrote that one.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Her library as a whole cannot be described by the bolded adjectives you list, and I would argue not even some of those songs you list could. If you believe that, you are certainly missing her intended and clear lyrical undertones probably for a lack of listening to them carefully. (Check out There Goes the Neighborhood for social and media critique, for example.)

One I wouldn't argue with you on is Soak Up the Sun , written in response to 9/11, and was said to have accomplished her goal to help swing the morale of the USA ("accomplished" as judged by its huge reception and radio time). She intended to write this "tone" of song to accomplish a lofty goal, which points more to NJ than S.

Others that you cite are, for example, covers of previous generation pop songs, not written by her, recorded for movies that she rarely performs in concert.

But what do you make of songs that better illustrate her comprehensive library? They surely might still be S types but they are more distinctly different than the ones you cite.
    1) you're right i haven't listened to them carefully.
    2) improving usa morale/cheerleading does not seem like a lofty nj goal, confronting some of the socio-political issues that makes us have so many enemies both domestically and abroad does
    3) i didn'..t know they were not her songs. still, she plays and endorses them. they are meaningful to her or she wouldn't play them. it doesn't seem very nj to sign on to any old project. not very chart-the-course. also... i forgot to mention her cover of sweet child of mine!
    4) i accept your assertion that she can write critical and socially minded songs. i just think she lacks complexity of thought, or probably more accurately, i just don't think she is iNtuitive. i don't think she sees the connections between things in a complex way. her attention to detail is focused elsewhere, her sound, her physical presentation, etc.

in stark contrast to Ni dom, she seems sooooo down-to-earth. i don't know any Ni dom who manages that.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

She seems like an SP of some sort to me, but I don't really have any solid evidence for that.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISFP

I've seen her in concert and she seemed much more loose and relaxed than most SJs. ESFP might be accurate.