Thread: Gandhi

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Default Gandhi

A lot say that he was INFJ, but I read a really good argument for him being an INFP.

Discuss.

Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I don't think he could have been an INFP. He was a leader and an INFP would have been in the sidelines.

I can see INFJ for his stubbornness and his consistent resistance to authority. Actually, I can see INTJ, too. He had a lot of compassion, but he wanted to see change in the world, and he ignited it. If he was an F, his emotions would have ruined him, trust me.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

heart on fire

He's INFJ.

Read about his sexual struggles. Inferior Se all the way.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I don't think he could have been an INFP. He was a leader and an INFP would have been in the sidelines.

I can see INFJ for his stubbornness and his consistent resistance to authority. Actually, I can see INTJ, too. He had a lot of compassion, but he wanted to see change in the world, and he ignited it. If he was an F, his emotions would have ruined him, trust me.
    his emotions WOULD have ruined him...but he was fighting for a cause- kicking britishers out of india...most of his emotions were busy with the british

his son dies a nameless beggar on the streets...gandhi's refusal to bend down for his son does seem very NTish of him. but that argument doesn't stand because he was always ready to help his son if the son made some sincere and honest effort

gandhi was the king of ideals and sticking by them. he would break but he would not bend

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yeah he is one of the healthy infjs. And this wasnt to be supposed to sound subtle in any way. Well may be a little. A little little
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP

I don't know enough to comment on what type Ghandi was, but I think that INFP's are capable of implementing grand scale change if we believe strongly in something. If something really moves us, we'll work ourselves into the ground and give up our entire lives to see our goals accomplished, throwing ourselves into a specific project with intense passion. This may be done solo, or by teaming up with others who are good at organization and direction, but my point is that not all INFP's sit around talking and never doing. In fact, I think INFP's on a mission are an intense force that others might have a hard time trying to deter. INFP's can make good leaders if they have matured and feel the need is crucial. They can rise to the occasion.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

He wasn't a typical leader though, surely INFPs can be leaders? And I imagine an INFP leader would be very much a lead by example type, take me or leave me kind of leader like Gandhi.

I can see INFJ for his stubbornness and his consistent resistance to authority.
    Resistence of authority seems more of a P trait than a J trait to me and strong Fi is one of the most (if not the most) stubborn functions regarding things of importance.

Actually, I can see INTJ, too. He had a lot of compassion, but he wanted to see change in the world, and he ignited it. If he was an F, his emotions would have ruined him, trust me.
    Emotions ruining a feeler? Why?

Gandhi's idealogy of being the change you want to see in the world seems very Fi to me, change the world not by changing others or systems but by changing yourself.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

No matter what mb type, actualization is context dependent. The way Ghandi was raised makes a difference in whether his motivation was carried by his temperament. Perhaps he was abused. I don't know, I didn't read a biography of his life. Nature vs nurture.

Whatever circumstances lay before him, he felt the need could be filled by his voice, thusly he moved easily into action. Many others have done the same yet their action mounted to nothing. Some can move society by one focal impetus, but who? None I can recall.

Ghandi was pretty goofy looking. His gaunt face and big smile just brings guilt to a nation. Perhaps he designed it this way? People are forceful when they know they have an edge.

I don't think he was infp.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    Ghandi was pretty goofy looking. His gaunt face and big smile just brings guilt to a nation. Perhaps he designed it this way? People are forceful when they know they have an edge.

I don't think he was infp.
    i doubt that smile could be by design. it was probably the manifestation of his strength in knowing that he was following his beliefs regardless of the consequences (which were imprisonment, beating, mass public riots)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

One needs to be slow to form convictions, but once formed they must be defended against the heaviest odds.
    -Mahatma Gandhi

Quinlan's Creations