User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
    Why all of you think Malcolm is an introverted?
    He is NEVER alone and he likes being around others.
    He NEVER shuts up and he is very active in the external world.
    The difference with Dewey (a true strong introverted) is evident.
    I don't think Malcolm's very extroverted at all. A perfect example was a scene in which Malcolm was in a small party, and felt absolutely suffocated. He didn't talk to anyone, and was miserable at the party. He doesn't really like being around others, he has about two or three friends, and he talks to the camera more than other people.

You're right about Dewey though, he is definitely an Introvert.

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Lois is a pure-bred ESTJ, I couldn't imagine going anywhere else. She's such a vindictive, heartless, controlling bitch.
    She's so emotional sometimes though. She gets angry and cries a lot. I think she's an unhealthy ESFJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Gewitter27 View Post
    Dewey: INTX
    Dewey's F. He has tremendous empathy, and definitely is a Feeler over a Thinker. INFJ or INFP, that's a tougher question.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    She's so emotional sometimes though. She gets angry and cries a lot. I think she's an unhealthy ESFJ.
    Surely ESTJs can get angry and cry a lot as well? She just doesn't seem bothered about having friends or being nice or cordial, she just administrates and criticises everything. Plus there are a number of times where she'll do whatever it takes to get her way.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

My absolute favorite TV show..
    I positively delight in it..
    It never gets boring no matter how many times I watch it.

A few interesting facts.. It has no laugh track nor no live studio audience.. It is shot with Film not in typical TV video ..All scenes are shot using only one camera and It was the first sit-com where the main character talked directly to the viewers.
    truly ground breaking

Now for my guesses

Hal-ISFJ
    Lois-ESFJ
    Malcolm-INTP
    Reese-ISTJ
    Dewey-INFP
    Francis-xNFJ

Other characters

Piama-ESFJ
    Craig-INTP
    Stevie-INTJ
    Spangler-ESTJ
    Otto-ISFP
    Mr Herkabe(Malcolms teacher) ENTJ

JMO..

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Surely ESTJs can get angry and cry a lot as well? She just doesn't seem bothered about having friends or being nice or cordial, she just administrates and criticises everything. Plus there are a number of times where she'll do whatever it takes to get her way.
    I think the key difference is that ESFJs DO NOT WANT to be in charge. Their perfect world simply runs like they expect it to (according to whatever paradigm they have latched onto, whether it be middle america soccer mom, east coast elite progressive, Orange county pretentious or whatever...). Again, their perfect world just lets them fit into the roles they wish everyone played, and they would take care of the rituals. Typical middle american male ESFJ might be concerned with throwing the superbowl party or arranging the march madness bracket, but he/she doesnt WANT to be "in charge".

ESTJs DO WANT to be In Charge. Take miss piggy. She absolutely ALWAYS wants to be the In Charge directing personality, even when people are following the roles she wants them too.

I personally think lois fits the ESTJ mold much better according to this analysis...

the others:
    Hal ENTP (think less of the ENTP inventors, and more of the ENTP idiosyncratic oddities...Hal shaving his BODY hair while reading the newspaper in the kitchen, his sudden obsession with "speed walking" etc...)
    Malcolm INTP
    Reece ESFP
    Dewey INFP
    Stevie INTJ
    Francis ENFJ

MBTI
    INFP

I also agree that Lois is ESTJ. Getting angry a lot is not a T or an F thing. Ts with unhealthy tertiary/inferior F functions can lose their temper and lash out emotionally just as much as unhealthy Fs can, especially when dealing with people extremely close to them who they can't easily detach from (like their own children). I don't remember Lois crying, but that's also not type-indicative.

Aside from that, I can see a lot of inferior Fi in Lois's behavior. She usually sticks to her own values over group values. For example:

- When Kitty cheats on Abe, Lois refuses to forgive Kitty at first even though Abe (and everyone else, IIRC) welcomed her back with open arms.

- When Dewey steals the bottle of cognac from Lois's work and she gets fired, she refuses to beg for her job back even when her family is in desperate financial need (if that isn't stubborn inferior Fi pride, I don't know what is).

She's also described in the show as not caring about what anyone thinks of her (and her behavior reflects that) which seems much more Te than Fe.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Lois: ESFJ

Hal: ESFP

Francis: I don't know; haven't seen enough of him

Reese: ESTP

Dewey: INFP

Malcolm: ENTP

Don't know the other characters enough.

I'd say Malcolm is an ENTP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    I'd say Malcolm is an ENTP.
    Actually, I agree with you.

I knew that I related to him, but I also didn't. I feel that with certain e7 ENTPs.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by NewEra View Post
    I don't think Malcolm's very extroverted at all. A perfect example was a scene in which Malcolm was in a small party, and felt absolutely suffocated. He didn't talk to anyone, and was miserable at the party. He doesn't really like being around others, he has about two or three friends, and he talks to the camera more than other people.
    Yeah... most ENTPs are exactly the same way until they "find themselves".

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    Wht?

Default Malcolm in the middle!

Louis- ENTJ
    Malcolm -IXXX
    Reese- ESTP
    Dewey-IXFX
    Hal- XXXP
    Francis- EXXP
    "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

- Jack Handey