User Tag List

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Benjamin Franklin

I've begun reading a biography on Benjamin Franklin by Walter Isaacson.
    I can barely think of a better example of an ENTP- Franklin is someone all ENTP's can look up to as a role model- a scientist, politician, statesman, businessman, thinker, author, etc.. a jack-of-all trades.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Yes, he is usually typed as ENTP.

MBTI
    I

No idea, but I heard from a lot of places that he was the ultimate ladies' man.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    No idea, but I heard from a lot of places that he was the ultimate ladies' man.
    Of course he was, he's Benjamin Fuckin' Franklin.

He could be an ENTP. It's hard to say. I recently read his autobiography. He's was obviously a very clever man. Creative and adventurous. However, he was extremely self-controlled as well. He was very hard working and self-disciplined. Very determined. Very interested in personal-growth. ENTPs can be self-controlled, hard working, and self-disciplined because anybody can do anything if they think it's worth it, but due to those traits, I don't believe with absolute certainty that he was an ENTP.

However, in those days, hard work and discipline were the norm. It was harder to make a living. Children were raised differently. People were not as spoiled or lazy back then.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    He could be an ENTP. It's hard to say. I recently read his autobiography. He's was obviously a very clever man. Creative and adventurous. However, he was extremely self-controlled as well. He was very hard working and self-disciplined. Very determined. Very interested in personal-growth. ENTPs can be self-controlled, hard working, and self-disciplined because anybody can do anything if they think it's worth it, but due to those traits, I don't believe with absolute certainty that he was an ENTP.

However, in those days, hard work and discipline were the norm. It was harder to make a living. Children were raised differently. People were not as spoiled or lazy back then.
    Franklin regarded himself as a man who was prone to a lack of self-control, so in order to increase his chances of success, he made sure to make self-control a top priority.
    Also it was much harder to make a living back then, unlike many of the other Founding Fathers, Franklin didn't come from a wealthy family- which is why he was less prone to idleness than, for example, Thomas Jefferson.

However, he enjoyed traveling and was very adaptable.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

He was also a boozehound and a blatant womanizer..... so yeah, definitely someone ENTPs can look up to.