• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Matching Types with Popular Movies!

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Does anyone have types for these?

Short Circuit:
A.I:
D.A.R.Y.L:
Logan's Run:
Back to the Future:
Jurassic Park:
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids:
Star Wars:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't you think Hank is an ISFJ?

I suppose a case could be made for that but throughout the series, Hank has an almost visceral reaction to other people's emotions and hearing about their private life. Has Hank ever shed a tear in the series? He's always touting the praises of "responsibility" lol...total ISTJ to me.

Look at the way he reacts to most of what Bobby does? Eye rolls galore! He has no tolerance for Bobby's dreaminess and wonder.

S

Sniffles

I heard somebody describe Dale Gribble as pure Ni. May explain why he's my favorite character.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I suppose a case could be made for that but throughout the series, Hank has an almost visceral reaction to other people's emotions and hearing about their private life. Has Hank ever shed a tear in the series? He's always touting the praises of "responsibility" lol...total ISTJ to me.

Look at the way he reacts to most of what Bobby does? Eye rolls galore! He has no tolerance for Bobby's dreaminess and wonder.

Hmm yeah, fair, but ISFJs don't tend to care much for dreaminess or whimsy much either.

But you're right that he seems to feel a high duty to do the right thing without necessarily being too overly emotional about it.

I could definitely see ISTJ.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTP - Donnie Darko (If this isn't INTP, what is?)
ISTP - High Plains Drifter
ENTP - Catch Me If You Can (seconded)
INFP - Amelie (seconded)
ISFP - The Illusionist
ESTJ - World Trade Center
ENTJ - Rainman (the Tom Cruise character)
INTJ - Shawshank Redemption

That's all I got right now...I'll post the rest later.

Donnie Darko seems INFP to me...the fantasy, the romance, OMGZ the soundtrack! And the Si of the 80's and 90's fluidly interspersed with the present.

I don't see INFP in Star Wars though from the OP.

I totally agree with Amelie and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

To that I would like to add Heavenly Creatures and Picnic at Hanging Rock.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Short Circuit:
A.I:
D.A.R.Y.L:
Logan's Run:
Back to the Future:
Jurassic Park:
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids:
Star Wars:

I might be being an ass, but those all seem like SJ movies to me.

Except for Star Wars, which I think is TOTALLY INT_

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
ESFP: Empire Records
INFP: Dead Poet's Society
INTP: Pi
ISTP: Die Hard

Eh, that's all I can think of for now.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For the ones I could (kinda) figure out...
A.I: INFJ
Jurassic Park: ESTJ
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: ESxJ
Star Wars: INTx

Also...
Speed: ESTx
The Fugitive: ESTJ
Michael Clayton: ISTJ (?)
Big Trouble in Little China: EPIC

Freakiest. Movie. EVER.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Almost every INTP I've ever known was obsessed with time travel....
:D

Yup. I agree with that. Here are some quotes from Donnie that tell me he's very much INTP and since the movie is titled Donnie Darko...I think it's quintessential INTP.

Here are some quotes from the movie:

Dr. Lilian Thurman: Do you feel alone right now?
Donnie: Oh, I dunno. I mean I'd like to believe I'm not but I just... I've just never seen any proof so I... I just don't debate it anymore, you know? It's like I could spend my whole life debating it over and over again, weighing the pros and cons and in the end I still wouldn't have any proof so I just... I just don't debate it anymore. It's absurd.
Dr. Lilian Thurman: The search for God is absurd?
Donnie: It is if everyone dies alone.

Donnie: Life isn't that simple. I mean who cares if Ling Ling returns the wallet and keeps the money? It has nothing to do with either fear or love.
Kitty Farmer: Fear and love are the deepest of human emotions.
Donnie: Okay. But you're not listening to me. There are other things that need to be taken into account here. Like the whole spectrum of human emotion. You can't just lump everything into these two categories and then just deny everything else!

Those are just two excerpts...but mostly everything Donnie says questions reality or what is perceived as such. Or he is trying to clarify the ideas of his friends (smurf dialogue) and/or his teachers. He questions everyone and everything to get a deeper understanding.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about The Wild One, to ride in group with bike to disord and terrorise a town, and to hit on girl sems totally ESTP for me.:yes: