• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pirates of the Carribean MBTI

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The only reason why I think he's not an S is he's wacky mental behavior. I'd argue that S's are more in tune with the world. Furthermore, the only ESTP i know is so very keen of getting socially accepted, thus, devoid of any "wrong manners".

He is ESTP. Dont confuse his act with who he is. He plays people and everything is like a game. He lives in confusion and confusing others. ENTPs are to insecure with S to be able to play people like Jack does. The STPs I know so easily fit in that they dont have to worry about being accepted. We can easily act stupid or mental with no fear. ESTPs are known as "players" for a reason ;)

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He plays people and everything is like a game.
also ENTP.

He lives in confusion and confusing others.
also ENTP. I'd actually say that that's more N than S. Blurry idea vs. tangible Fact.

ENTPs are to insecure with S to be able to play people like Jack does.
I find the "playing" he does to be more abstract focused than concrete.

The STPs I know so easily fit in that they dont have to worry about being accepted. We can easily act stupid or mental with no fear. ESTPs are known as "players" for a reason ;)
Yes but the difference between N players and S players is the medium they use to "play". One plays with possibilities, the other with present experiences. The difference between Ne and Se can simply be seen from the root words of strangely eccentric vs. ultimate realist.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He is ESTP. Dont confuse his act with who he is. He plays people and everything is like a game. He lives in confusion and confusing others. ENTPs are to insecure with S to be able to play people like Jack does. The STPs I know so easily fit in that they dont have to worry about being accepted. We can easily act stupid or mental with no fear. ESTPs are known as "players" for a reason ;)

Agree with Poki on that one... If an ENTP and an ESTP were stuck on an island full of rum, the ESTP would probably be content drinking it and enjoying the beach, perhaps waiting for an attractive lady to pop out of no where to join him. The ENTP probably made all the rum in the first place with the rum distillery he created and would try to figure out how to export it from his island.

Also, all Jack wants is his ship. That's all. That's really his primary goal throughout the movies. And he seems content once he has it. An ENTP would keep wanting to move on to the next biggest thing.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agreed on Calypso being as ENFP as can be. Compare her to the Oracle in the Matrix and you'll see the difference between NFJ and NFP imo.

As for Jack...my gut says ENTP. He doesn't vibe out the physical prowess I'd expect from an STP.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
also ENTP.

also ENTP. I'd actually say that that's more N than S. Blurry idea vs. tangible Fact.

I find the "playing" he does to be more abstract focused than concrete.

Yes but the difference between N players and S players is the medium they use to "play". One plays with possibilities, the other with present experiences. The difference between Ne and Se is can be seen from the root words of strangely eccentric vs. ultimate realist.

Focused concrete is Si, unfocused concrete is Se. Its what allows Se to have such a dynamic nature while still going after what they want. He doesnt mind getting in binds and will put himself their at times because thats where he can connect. He can connect with the present experience, thats where he strives in the current moment physically. Ideas is more pre-emptive, concrete in Se form is more real-time and Jack is a very real-time person. The ENTPs I know in real life need more structure then the ESTPs I know and Jack has no structure. He lives in chaos in the moment.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Jack Sparrow: ISTP
Will Turner: Gah..maybe ENFJ? or ISFJ...? Not an SP.
Elizabeth Swan: ENTJ?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jack plays everyone. He has everyone in awe at the fact that he escaped the island. He has people fearing him and he hides behind that and plays off of it. He leverages everything around him because of Se. He is closer to an ISTP then he is to an ENTP.

ENTP: The professor who juggles half a dozen ideas for research papers and grant proposals in his mind while giving a highly entertaining lecture on an abstruse subject is a classic example of the type. So is the stand-up comedian whose lampoons are not only funny, but incisively accurate.

Does this seriously sound like Jack? A professor? A teacher? No he is a con artist, he plays people in real time. He is not some ENTP "player" who tries to come up with ideas and write essays and articles on how to accomplish it, he puts himself in these situations and actually does it. Dont confuse "I know" with "I can". Its the same seperation between INTP and ISTP.

ESTP: ESTPs are spontaneous, active folks. Like the other SPs, ESTPs get great satisfaction from acting on their impulses. Activities involving great power, speed, thrill and risk are attractive to the ESTP. Chronic stifling of these impulses makes the ESTP feel "dead inside."

This sounds like a perfect fit for Jack.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does this seriously sound like Jack? A professor? A teacher?
Leave it to an SP to take a description literally. :rolli: The point of those examples (You conveniently overlooked the comedian example) is to portray the ENTP type as witty, entertaining, inventive and cerebrally quick, all of which very much fit a con man like Jack.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Leave it to an SP to take a description literally. :rolli: The point of those examples (You conveniently overlooked the comedian example) is to portray the ENTP type as witty, entertaining, inventive and cerebrally quick, all of which very much fit a con man like Jack.

He is a comedian to you, but to those around him "in the movie" does he go for comedian? I dont see anyone in the movie laughing at him as a comedian. Would be "fail" if thats what he was going for. Would a comedian fit in his shoes in the movie. Are you comparing his role or are you looking at him from a movie watchers perspective?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

you've never heard an ESTP sell you a vaccuum cleaner with innuendo, I'm guessing :newwink:

"it blows, it sucks, you can turn it on with your toe and put it in the closet when you're done with it, it won't even mind if you decide to trade up to a newer model! see, it's signifigantly better and cheaper than any of your ex wives! :holy:"

:cheese:

not to mention you must never have seen an ESFP salesman in full swing... I've watched one a few times and it was amazing... he had the customers charmed, laughing and fascinated all of the while coming up with answers to any objection that they had and steering them into filling out the contract... they thanked HIM for selling stuff to them :shock:

you're underestimating Se there Aleksi :newwink:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Ok, I see, my eyes are open. The person who created Jack is an NTP so what you "see" is the person who actually created him as opposed to what it is that is actually in front of you:rolleyes: Leave it to an NTP to not be able to see whats in front of them.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Leave it to an NTP to not be able to see whats in front of them.

... or to shape anything into what they -want- to see :laugh:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"it blows, it sucks, you can turn it on with your toe and put it in the closet when you're done with it, it won't even mind if you decide to trade up to a newer model! see, it's signifigantly better and cheaper than any of your ex wives! :holy:"
Canned. ;)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you match your comedy to your audience- a dirty old man is the perfect victim for those lines! :newwink:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you match your comedy to your audience- a dirty old man is the perfect victim for those lines! :newwink:
Oh I know. :D I have plenty of very close ESTP friends. They're great at wisecracks and a blast to be around. They just utterly fail at actually being original. :tongue:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:huh: I would say that you're sadly underestimating there... very much so... I still wonder where the shit that my ESFP friend comes up with could possibly come from... it has been the cause of my nostrils being defiled with iced tea on more than one occasion :doh:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe they have a sharp Ne; you do. ;) Obviously if you have no idea where it's coming from it has to be Ne at work, because Ne is what finds wacky connections no one else can see. That is the very definition of the function. Se's job is to voraciously devour information (to be then processed by Ti, but Ti can't work with anything it doesn't have).