User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    The only reason why I think he's not an S is he's wacky mental behavior. I'd argue that S's are more in tune with the world. Furthermore, the only ESTP i know is so very keen of getting socially accepted, thus, devoid of any "wrong manners".
    He is ESTP. Dont confuse his act with who he is. He plays people and everything is like a game. He lives in confusion and confusing others. ENTPs are to insecure with S to be able to play people like Jack does. The STPs I know so easily fit in that they dont have to worry about being accepted. We can easily act stupid or mental with no fear. ESTPs are known as "players" for a reason
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    He plays people and everything is like a game.
    also ENTP.

He lives in confusion and confusing others.
    also ENTP. I'd actually say that that's more N than S. Blurry idea vs. tangible Fact.

ENTPs are to insecure with S to be able to play people like Jack does.
    I find the "playing" he does to be more abstract focused than concrete.

The STPs I know so easily fit in that they dont have to worry about being accepted. We can easily act stupid or mental with no fear. ESTPs are known as "players" for a reason
    Yes but the difference between N players and S players is the medium they use to "play". One plays with possibilities, the other with present experiences. The difference between Ne and Se can simply be seen from the root words of strangely eccentric vs. ultimate realist.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

He is ESTP. Dont confuse his act with who he is. He plays people and everything is like a game. He lives in confusion and confusing others. ENTPs are to insecure with S to be able to play people like Jack does. The STPs I know so easily fit in that they dont have to worry about being accepted. We can easily act stupid or mental with no fear. ESTPs are known as "players" for a reason
    Agree with Poki on that one... If an ENTP and an ESTP were stuck on an island full of rum, the ESTP would probably be content drinking it and enjoying the beach, perhaps waiting for an attractive lady to pop out of no where to join him. The ENTP probably made all the rum in the first place with the rum distillery he created and would try to figure out how to export it from his island.

Also, all Jack wants is his ship. That's all. That's really his primary goal throughout the movies. And he seems content once he has it. An ENTP would keep wanting to move on to the next biggest thing.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Agreed on Calypso being as ENFP as can be. Compare her to the Oracle in the Matrix and you'll see the difference between NFJ and NFP imo.

As for Jack...my gut says ENTP. He doesn't vibe out the physical prowess I'd expect from an STP.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”
    Likes Alassea liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    also ENTP.

also ENTP. I'd actually say that that's more N than S. Blurry idea vs. tangible Fact.

I find the "playing" he does to be more abstract focused than concrete.

Yes but the difference between N players and S players is the medium they use to "play". One plays with possibilities, the other with present experiences. The difference between Ne and Se is can be seen from the root words of strangely eccentric vs. ultimate realist.
    Focused concrete is Si, unfocused concrete is Se. Its what allows Se to have such a dynamic nature while still going after what they want. He doesnt mind getting in binds and will put himself their at times because thats where he can connect. He can connect with the present experience, thats where he strives in the current moment physically. Ideas is more pre-emptive, concrete in Se form is more real-time and Jack is a very real-time person. The ENTPs I know in real life need more structure then the ESTPs I know and Jack has no structure. He lives in chaos in the moment.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    As for Jack...my gut says ENTP.
    Stephen Colbert says to always trust your gut.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Jack Sparrow: ISTP
    Will Turner: Gah..maybe ENFJ? or ISFJ...? Not an SP.
    Elizabeth Swan: ENTJ?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Jack Sparrow: ISTP
    Will Turner: Gah..maybe ENFJ? or ISFJ...? Not an SP.
    Elizabeth Swan: ENTJ?
    No, no, and hell no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Likes Alassea liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Jack plays everyone. He has everyone in awe at the fact that he escaped the island. He has people fearing him and he hides behind that and plays off of it. He leverages everything around him because of Se. He is closer to an ISTP then he is to an ENTP.

ENTP: The professor who juggles half a dozen ideas for research papers and grant proposals in his mind while giving a highly entertaining lecture on an abstruse subject is a classic example of the type. So is the stand-up comedian whose lampoons are not only funny, but incisively accurate.
    Does this seriously sound like Jack? A professor? A teacher? No he is a con artist, he plays people in real time. He is not some ENTP "player" who tries to come up with ideas and write essays and articles on how to accomplish it, he puts himself in these situations and actually does it. Dont confuse "I know" with "I can". Its the same seperation between INTP and ISTP.

ESTP: ESTPs are spontaneous, active folks. Like the other SPs, ESTPs get great satisfaction from acting on their impulses. Activities involving great power, speed, thrill and risk are attractive to the ESTP. Chronic stifling of these impulses makes the ESTP feel "dead inside."
    This sounds like a perfect fit for Jack.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Does this seriously sound like Jack? A professor? A teacher?
    Leave it to an SP to take a description literally. :rolli: The point of those examples (You conveniently overlooked the comedian example) is to portray the ENTP type as witty, entertaining, inventive and cerebrally quick, all of which very much fit a con man like Jack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole