• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Satan

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
God is INFJ in my mind: visionnary and people-oriented, omniscient, principled, compassionate, unphysics and unconcerned with trivial issues.

At the opposite, Satan is an ESTP: jerk, sinner, dyamic, manipulator, smooth, unsubordonate, non-conformist, not vision.:devil:

Baltar

MBTI Type
INTP
ENTP-grand schemer-and putting one over on The Man, but not for the common good like an NF.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Prolly I, we don't see him much. Bit of a recluse he is.
Most likely S. Like fire a lot.
Probably T. Probably has a lot of thinking to do, and likely lacks obvious feeling.
Definatly J.

So ISTJ?

He believes in Yahweh, so I think you're on the right track with SJ. But is he an ISTJ? I think he's an ESTJ, walking around whipping people. He doesn't have to be an ISTJ, he has enough lawyers around to do all that paperwork. :devil:

Edit: on second thought, I have to say ENTJ. I only know the basic story, but I know he started out as an angel and then rebelled. (SJ's stay angels forever :)) And I know he plots for total domination. Sounds like an ENTJ

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
The Tempter that Begs the Question - ENTP
Lucifer - ENTJ

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
God is INFJ in my mind

Some thoughts about link of God with type.

God is understanding as someone perfect and almighty. Each type have strong and weak qualities, so God can't have a type, but represents equel balance of all sides in their unity.

But... Each man having type, feels that some important part of him and reality is outside of his consciousness and have no control of his will, however this part have an influence on him and his life. Week functions relate to this "outside" part too. Totality of all effecting factors results in state of reality, and if this totality is not accidental, so there may be force that makes all these factors existing. In wish to control _all_ factors, men use symbol of God, with him they can communicate and so influe on their life totally. By this way, weak functions and God are mixed. This leads to predominant allotmenting of God with qualities of man's "weak" functions but without weakness, of cause. So every man have one of 16 images of God, according to weak functions of his type, but in the same time attributes God as perfect, and this contradiction is evercomed by idea of cognoscibility of God for man.

For example, God's representation for ENTP has sides of his weak functions - feeling and sensory. To feel garmony ENTP long for integration of these functions (F and S), and this way he also perceives as integration with God, and hence a way to absence of contradictions in his mind. The most natural way of integration for ENTP, I think is in Si and Fe functions, according to these functions are opposite to his leading functions (Ne and Ti), - qualities of ISFP (in Jung's function model, not in pervertion by Myers), and less of ESFJ. This ISFP type is known as "dual" for ENTP in socionics. Hence, the more ENTP-human has a deal with ISFPs, more passes through their perception of world, more learns from them, - happier he will be.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
INTJ: or he would never have gone against god and thought himself superior. Real INTJ's evaluate my logic, and don't bash me, or I'll invoke him. :devil:. If you say that you've seen the devil you should say which devil it was.

Lib

Permabanned
INFJ. He is described as an idealist gone bad (showing unhealthy ESTP?).

Last edited:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJ. He is described as an idealist gone bad (ESTP shadow?).

Do you think him and Jesus are similar types or what would you say Jesus is as?

Lib

Permabanned
Do you think him and Jesus are similar types or what would you say Jesus is as?
That's a very good question. I think both are INFJs. Jesus found the peace that Satan couldn't. I think (as many others) that the Bible is presenting our development as society using allegories. Lucifer is the metaphor of suffering and 'evil' that comes from having consciousness - he gives humanity the ability to manipulate the environment and the self-consciousness while taking away the connection with god/nature. Humanity without it loses peace. Jesus teaches finding peace and freedom in god's truth/nature.

tony_goth

Pseudo-delusional Rebel
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Satan is an ISTJ ! No, I'm joking. :D

Satan is essentially an angel, so an uncompound creature. It's not a set of connected neurons, so I don't think Satan has a type.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He does seem like a J because he does like to get stuff done. He seems rather busy and industrious with plans and such.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ's can be the sweetest of angels and darndest of devils. The fact that both Gandhi and Hitler were INFJ's says a lot about this complex type. I kid you not when I say that they have visionary and prophetic skills, it's just that they seldom put these skills to use. But they have the ability to see right through you - your motives, your feelings, your soul. They have the gift of converting, not primarily through logic, but through intuition and feeling. I've seen it happen many times in real life, their Ti is also quite brilliant when challenged. From a secular perspective it'd make sense to type both Jesus and Satan as INFJ's.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In Satan's original incarnation, he's an ENTP, essentially a lawyer. He's not really on a mission, just doing his job, which he enjoys: poking holes at and pushing the limits of the rules. It's not personal, in fact he's working for the Big Guy. Then the Christians Flanderized him with their internally inconsistent Monotheistic Zoroastrian Duality.

Satan - Wikipedia
In Judaism, Satan is typically regarded as a metaphor for the yetzer hara, or "evil inclination", or as an agent subservient to God.

A figure known as "the satan" first appears in the Tanakh as a heavenly prosecutor, a member of the sons of God subordinate to Yahweh, who prosecutes the nation of Judah in the heavenly court and tests the loyalty of Yahweh's followers by forcing them to suffer.

Lib

Permabanned
In Satan's original incarnation, he's an ENTP, essentially a lawyer. He's not really on a mission, just doing his job, which he enjoys: poking holes at and pushing the limits of the rules. It's not personal, in fact he's working for the Big Guy. Then the Christians Flanderized him with their internally inconsistent Monotheistic Zoroastrian Duality.

Satan - Wikipedia
I fail to see ENTP in the above quote. In this role, he seems more like a dogmatic prosecutor who has the mission to test someone's loyalty through suffering. Also, taking major decisions based on pride doesn't sound as a NeTi act.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I fail to see ENTP in the above quote. In this role, he seems more like a dogmatic prosecutor who has the mission to test someone's loyalty through suffering. Also, taking major decisions based on pride doesn't sound as a NeTi act.

If you read The Book of Job, you get a sense of engagement and glee, along with some Ti. Well, maybe that's just my read, anyway.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Social, Limbic, Organized, Egocentric, Inquisitive (in the evil meddling and spying sense)

So, ENTJ.

In summary, he has an organized but abstract vision of the future and he's on a mission, all fueled by unhealthy perceptions of assault to his Fi.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you read The Book of Job, you get a sense of engagement and glee, along with some Ti. Well, maybe that's just my read, anyway.

In the book of Job, Satan was just wandering around the Earth when God came to him. Not doing much important to him, which seems TP to me. And then he changed tasks pretty willingly and that also seems P. There are some types, that if God asked them what they are doing, would be like "I've been sitting here waiting for you to assign me a task, because it's in my scheduler! What took you so long?". Or, "I'm doing something very important. Please stop bothering me.". Or, "You want me to do what? Stupid asshole.". So anyways, I agree with you