• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Hangover

Lightyear

So I am guessing that some of you have seen this very funny comedy. What do you think are the characters' types? Here are my guesses:

Phil...ESTP or ISTP

Stu...ISFJ or ISTJ

Alan...ISFP? ISTP?

Doug... ENFJ

Jade... ESFP

Melissa... ESTJ

Mr Chow... ESTP

Lightyear

Come on, someone must have watched this movie (or how would it have been on the top of box office for several weeks?)

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I just went searching for a Hangover thread because I wanted to talk about Alan. I just saw the movie, and I wanted to discuss how I think Alan is an example of a really stupid ENFP. I subconsciously equate N types with automatic intelligence, but Alan seems to be a great example of an idiotic N type. He's just so disconnected from reality. What a doofus (but funny nontheless ;)).

Oh, and in response to your OP:

Phil ESTP
Stu ISTJ
Stu's girlfriend ESTJ

I don't really know about the rest of the characters. They weren't around enough for me to try and figure out their types.

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I agree with most of these but

Stu - ISTJ

Alan - ISFP

Doug - I thought he came off as an xSFJ but I don't really know.

theplacesyoullgo

I think the reason why there hasn't been more activity in this thread is because the characters are intentionally one-dimensional and its hard to type them without relying on stereotypes. I mean, as someone who isn't a big fan of ESTJs in general, I'd love to agree with teslashock that Stu's girlfriend is one, but I don't think there's enough revelation of her character to type her.

I like Alan as ENFP. Phil seems like a stereotypical ESTP, I agree*. Stu strikes me as ISFJ (I thought he was pretty clearly ruled by feeling).

* Can I be annoying for a sec and express how attracted I was to Bradley Cooper in this film? Dear God.

Bubbleboy

MBTI Type
ENFP
Suggesting Alan is a sensor? Care to elaborate, or are we just randomly throwing out letters?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Probably the funniest movie I have seen in 5 years, no doubt about it.

I loved all the characters, and the absolutely horrid events they got twisted up in.

Alan, a Sensor? :thelook:

What about Mr. Lee? He was hysterical. I heard that the actor who played him is IRL an M.D. and an actor. I'd freak out if he was my doctor. "Muthafuckaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!" :rofl1:

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Phil- ENFP
Stu- INTP
Alan- ISFP
Jade- ESFP

I'm reserving judgment on Doug, as you really don't see much of him in the film.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Phil- ENFP
Stu- INTP
Alan- ISFP
Jade- ESFP

I'm reserving judgment on Doug, as you really don't see much of him in the film.

would type phil as an ESP, but otherwise i agree completely with your typings

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No one typed Mike Tyson... or his tiger. :(

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh yes, I forgot: You're married to an INFJ. *snort* How are those scars? :rofl1:

Hee Hee, you are bad. :wubbie:

The scars, like the wounds, are deep, long, but I keep coming back for more... :devil: