• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

songwriters/musicians

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Pretty sure Elvis is ISFP.

Based on his humor and lyrics, I'd guess Woody Guthrie is an NF, maybe ENFP.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Karen O (Yeah Yeah Yeahs) - ISFP

She is described as quiet and private off stage (introvert). Her lyrical approach has been said to involve choosing words for their sound and rhythm when sung over their meaning (which results in some lines/songs not making much sense lyrically). This says Se to me. She went to art school and seems the typical art student, so SP fits that. I'm also going with Fi, because her lyrics seem to be emotional & about relationships when they do make sense.

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Eminem is not infp...there is not enough "pure" love/harmony as say, James Taylor.
*points at signature*
I don't like that common assumption that INFP's are peaceful and loving to the core. Because we're intense about a lot of crap, and when we're truly passionate about something, we throw everything else aside.

lost verses

MBTI Type
AHH!
I don't like that common assumption that INFP's are peaceful and loving to the core. Because we're intense about a lot of crap, and when we're truly passionate about something, we throw everything else aside.

I didn't say infp's weren't intense. Believe me, I know they are (I am). This doesn't change the fact that, in songwriting, or writing in general, sometimes people like to create the "dream world" that they'd like to see happen. So James Taylor could write about peace because that's the type of world he wishes he lived in. I know I wish I could live in that type of harmony.

I don't know, I just don't see Eminem as an INFP. I mean he created a movie about himself...doesn't have a hint of shyness or reservedness in performing..he seems too extroverted to me. And then the whole ganster type lifestyle...mocking people in his songs...an infp wouldn't waste time doing that...seems too sensory to me.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I see Chris Martin as more of an INFP.

Do you know about The National? I think Kings of Convenience are INxPs of sorts (INTP?).

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know, I just don't see Eminem as an INFP. I mean he created a movie about himself...doesn't have a hint of shyness or reservedness in performing..he seems too extroverted to me. And then the whole ganster type lifestyle...mocking people in his songs...an infp wouldn't waste time doing that...seems too sensory to me.

Agreed....I'd guess him to be extrovert, and possibly an ESFP. ESFPs can be great at mocking people in a humorous way. I do see Fi in him as well.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
INTP
lou reed
frank black
david byrne
kim gordon
thursten moore
isaak brock
elvis costello
beth gibbons
beck :D
pete townsend
andrew bird
roger waters
neko case
john zorn
richard thompson
ben folds
john patitucci
ben gibbard
paul banks
ray manzarek

Heres another one for INTP

[YOUTUBE="<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s4q3p_o8A6g&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s4q3p_o8A6g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>"]buckethead[/YOUTUBE]

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
INTP
lou reed
frank black
david byrne
kim gordon
thursten moore
isaak brock
elvis costello
beth gibbons
beck :D
pete townsend
andrew bird
roger waters
neko case
john zorn
richard thompson
ben folds
john patitucci
ben gibbard
paul banks
ray manzarek

[YOUTUBE="<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s4q3p_o8A6g&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s4q3p_o8A6g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>"]buckethead[/YOUTUBE]

dang it it the video showed up when I previewed it. :steam:

Unwod

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTP
ray manzarek

elaboration, por favor

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ok, so i added
intp
buckethead
nick danger
lyle lovett
johnny marr
will shef? (the one interview i've seen makes him seem really T, tho he looks like he's had a rough weekend. i could see infp, infj, or intp)

entp
robyn hitchcock
nick hexum
weird al

isfp
elvis presley
karen o
tom waits
jason pierce
andrew bird
patterson hood

esfj
james hetfield (probably esfj or estj, but who knows i just watched some kinda monster a loooong time ago)

estp
lars ulrich
julian casablancas
scott weiland

istj
sam prekop? looked like it in the one interview i watched

ray manzarek i'm on the fence for intp or entp, currently leaning towards entp

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
Eminem is not infp...there is not enough "pure" love/harmony as say, James Taylor.

Ryan Adams...don't think he's a sensor. If you listen to "The Shadowlands"...I don't know, there's just so much depth in some of his music..."Friends" even, conveys a wealth of feeling that wouldn't be so prevalent in an SF type personality. *shrug* I think he's an NF of some sort.

Ryan Adams is all ENFP to me. I've listened to him a lot and seen quite a few interviews. A ball of Ne/Fi. He's great at coming up with stories in his songs.

And as someone else put in their list on the previous page, I'm sold on Beck being an INTP at this point!

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And as someone else put in their list on the previous page, I'm sold on Beck being an INTP at this point!

me too, watching interviews and the eyes just screamed intp to me. Ti vs Fi vs Ni vs Ne all have very very different eye movements. it's becoming much more obvious to me. he has a little bit of that N drift, but the intensity of eye contact is allll Ti. trying to deconstruct, create causal connections/conjunctions, etc.

Fi is like trying to listen and hold on to the sound, the exact weight of the object, relating to it, Ni is scanning and drawing web diagrams, Ne i'm still figuring out, need more Ne dom friends.

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Typings that I disagree with:

Jim Morrison was almost certainly not an INFP; almost everyone who ever met him described him as very extraverted. I'd say he was a ENxP, and I tend to lean towards T, but there's room for debate on that one.

Hendrix was an N, not an S. He wasn't grounded enough in sensual reality for me to accept S. His lyrics often regard some pretty fanciful and abstract stuff, and the way he saw the world was this kind of mystical, Native American-influenced vision that more to do with the contents of Hendrix's brain than it did with the drugs, as many would have you believe.

I used to be pretty sure Mark Kozelek was an INFP, but I think I agree now that he's probably an ISFP. It's a tough call, and if you make it based on his music, I think you have to listen to all eras from early Red House Painters (the slowcore, really kind of depressing period that had me leaning towards N) through Sun Kil Moon.

I think Jimmy Page was an ISTP, not an ISFP.
Bob Marley was likely INFP, not ENFP.
I tend to think Gilmour was a P and Waters was a J; most of the spats between the two came about because of Waters being very controlling.
I see Bob Dylan typed as an ISFP a lot; I lean towards T, but it could go either way.
Disagree with Miles Davis as ENTJ; my vote goes for INFJ.

There are some others that I'm not real sure about either, but in any case, kudos for such a comprehensive list.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Typings that I disagree with:

Jim Morrison was almost certainly not an INFP; almost everyone who ever met him described him as very extraverted. I'd say he was a ENxP, and I tend to lean towards T, but there's room for debate on that one.

I've pretty much heard the exact opposite. Linda McCartney dated him or was friends with him (I forget which) before the Doors made the big time, (this was before Linda met Paul), and she described him as a sweet, quiet, guy. Not at all like the Lizard King persona.

I see Bob Dylan typed as an ISFP a lot; I lean towards T, but it could go either way.

After reading Chronicles Vol 1, I have no doubt he's an INFJ.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Iron and Wine - INFx ?

doner21

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
john patitucci is a jazz bassist and would probably fit intp. its not john patrucci of dream theatre on the list