User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

to say something someone says sounds presumptuous and elitist is presumptuous and elitist in itself, more so...but all right.

MBTI
    AHH!

For the love of God, I did not say that SFs have no feelings. C'mon now. Of course, as we are all human beings. But it definitely can be true that one type has deeper, and more consistently deep, feelings than another type. Notice the 'er' at the end of the word - that means it has more of one thing, not that it has that thing and the other doesn't. And frankly, not to sound arrogant or anything, but I don't think the sf could understand the nf feelings. So they may think their's is deep, but really never have felt as much as that before. It's like if you take one shot of alcohol, and think 'damn I'm buzzed' but after 5 shots, then know the truth of what being intoxicated is. Metaphor exaggerated, but you get the point.

And Mariah Carey? "touch my body" ? Do I need to say anything else to prove the sensorism there? lol

MBTI
    I

Although I'm not F, I don't think you can say NFs have deeper feelings than SFs.

MBTI
    AHH!

Semantics, semantics. More "complex" feelings.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

um, feelings are feelings. the way they are activated within the perceptual framework may be different. N = connections, S = raw data.

N is better at abstracting, metaphor, and organizing information in a different more loosely relational way than S. N articulations are far different than S, as a result.

but isfps have tons of feeling, it's just not as interesting to me in terms of the articulation. tho i do still like some isfps' work. but it's rarer, i like their style and attitude at times more than their writing. sometimes their writing is great too (see bob dylan, john steinbeck, eddie vedder, possibly tom waits, etc).

MBTI
    AHH!

Not really. You wouldn't say "thinking is thinking," because obviously there are different ways of thinking...some think of the whole picture, others just the details, etc.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Well, I don't know, because many of those who you type as N musicians are my favorite musicians, Bob Dylan and a few others aside. (I count around 45 N-primarily INFP, INTP, and INTJ- that I like to 15 SP-primarily ISFP and the one ISTP- according to your categorizations.)

I don't want to get into typing people I don't know. I'm just making observations on an overall tendency I see in the typing others do and I have a hard time believing a lot of it. (For example, J Mascis as an INFP? Are you freaking kidding me? Talk about someone who gets technical with his guitar!)
    I think you are right about J Mascis btw. ISTP seems to fit him.
    Ombaaraminayasabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Brainheart, watch this video for two seconds, then tell me Mascis isn't infp:
    YouTube - J Mascis talks about his Fender Jazzmaster Guitar

thinking of you

MBTI
    ENFP

Hmmm, now I'm not sure about J Mascis.
    Ombaaraminayasabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    Brainheart, watch this video for two seconds, then tell me Mascis isn't infp:
    YouTube - J Mascis talks about his Fender Jazzmaster Guitar
    How on earth is this INFP vs ISTP? I'm married to an ISTP who is OBSESSED with J Mascis. Believe me, I know everything that is humanly possible to know about J Mascis without being intimately connected to him. (Not to mention a fair share about at least one ISTP.)

How is what he is saying NF? It is all straight-forward, concrete literal language. He is talking about his guitar in very literal, non-metaphorical, technical terms.

I don't talk like this at all. But my husband does...