User Tag List

First 678910 Last

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by luminous beam View Post
    i agree her lyrics sound like they have depth, however...most mainstream artists do not write their music. even if she had a vague concept of what she wanted to say, i'm sure she had plenty of help to acquire the dept and the message that was ultimately expressed on her songs. that goes for most, and i mean almost all, mainstream artists.
    I can't believe I'm defending Mariah Carey, but I think the point trying to be made here is that just because someone isn't the best at expressing their depth of feeling verbally does not mean that they lack it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

the way someone's voice expresses emotion has nothing to do with depth. it just so happens this person has a skill and "gift" in the way they can manipulate sounds.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I can't believe I'm defending Mariah Carey, but I think the point trying to be made here is that just because someone isn't the best at expressing their depth of feeling verbally does not mean that they lack it.
    when i LOL'ed i didn't mean to say she lacked it completely. but i have not seen her expressing a lot of depth at all in the few interviews, award shows or mtv crib things i've seen ha.

brainheart

So she doesn't feel anything? She's an automoton?

brainheart

My point again: inability to express depth doesn't mean that you don't have any.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

stop putting words into my mouth, how's that? to be shallow does not equate to be emotionally dead, or does it?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

the way someone's voice expresses emotion has nothing to do with depth. it just so happens this person has a skill and "gift" in the way they can manipulate sounds.
    I'm not saying her voice, as in the pitch, tone, and what have you. I mean her voice as in her spirit, soul, etc.

But this is pointless. If you don't think she has depth, good for you. It's kind of beside the point that I was making that NFs do not necessarily have deeper feeling than SFs. And way too many people typed here as N I think are S.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    My point again: inability to express depth doesn't mean that you don't have any.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I'm not saying her voice, as in the pitch, tone, and what have you. I mean her voice as in her spirit, soul, etc.

But this is pointless. If you don't think she has depth, good for you. It's kind of besides the point that I was making that NFs do not necessarily have deeper feeling than SFs. And way too many people typed her as N I think are S.
    yes, yes my children. i did not mean that because someone may not express emotion, or thoughts, or appear to be shallow they lack depth completely. in fact, i think all humans have depth except i also believe the ones in tune w/that depth are the deeper ones, and those oblivious or easily distracted are the more shallow ones.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

yes, yes my children. i did not mean that because someone may not express emotion, or thoughts, or appear to be shallow they lack depth completely. in fact, i think all humans have depth except i also believe the ones in tune w/that depth are the deeper ones, and those oblivious or easily distracted are the more shallow ones.
    I wasn't directing my response to you though, but another poster. Should've quoted, but I wanted to make it a general message.

brainheart

stop putting words into my mouth, how's that? to be shallow does not equate to be emotionally dead, or does it?
    Sorry, I'm not trying to put words in your mouth. I guess I get defensive when a person says someone lacks something internal when we, not being her, can have no clue. Assuming someone lacks 'depth of feeling' seems like a shaky ground on which to stand, in my opinion, because then it is as if you are saying that she is a lesser human being. As much as I dislike Mariah Carey's music and laugh at what she has to say, I have no idea how she feels inside and I don't want to make any claim to know. It seems presumptuous and elitist.