User Tag List

First 56789 Last

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by lost verses View Post
    Again, not sure why you're acting like this is some sort of mission for the downtrodden.
    Not a mission for the downtrodden, I just don't think you can say ISFPs lack depth of feeling when the depth of feeling comes from introverted feeling not from the perceiving function. Perhaps the Ne and Se will cause them to explore or express the feelings differently, I suppose, but the feeling remains, regardless.

And for full disclosure, I have tested as both an INFP and an ISFP. Also, I used to see INFPs at some sort of higher level than ISFPs, I will be honest, like I couldn't be an ISFP because I'm too smart and creative and I did well in school and what have you. I think there is some pretty heavy N bias on the websites which leads people to believe that if they aren't content working at McDonald's and watching TV all of the time they must be an N. What makes me lean toward ISFP for myself now is that I do have a tendency to live in the present and I seem to lack the desire to help people to the level that INFPs are supposed to. (And my husband says the ISFP description at bestfit suits me better than the INFP.) But... I write and play music and make art and believe me, my feeling is deep. And I express it. And it isn't in a superficial or shallow fashion.

And yes, I have been reading and researching and paying attention to people for a long time, too.

MBTI
    I

Kanye an intuit? LOL.
    Why not? He uses a lot of symbolism and imagery in some of his songs - "Homecoming" is a great example of this. Plus look at his album cover for Graduation - it has NF written all over it.

what about kimya dawson (formerly from the moldy peaches) . . . i love her . . . i think infp

brainheart

Read the disclaimer. I'm a nut job. Sorry.

EDIT: The disclaimer was that I mistyped myself and I'm actually an ENFP.
    Last edited by brainheart; 09-25-2009 at 05:59 PM.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

It wasn't to protect Jay Z, it was to get attention. As always.
    You're telling me that an ENFP wouldn't jump up on stage to get attention, particularly if he thought it was for a good reason?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Kanye's ENFP. But I've been through this already so anyone looking for my reasons can do a search...

And NFs do not have deeper feeling than SFs. It's just expressed differently. Mariah Carey and Sade I think are both ISFPs and have plenty of depth.

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Not a mission for the downtrodden, I just don't think you can say ISFPs lack depth of feeling when the depth of feeling comes from introverted feeling not from the perceiving function. Perhaps the Ne and Se will cause them to explore or express the feelings differently, I suppose, but the feeling remains, regardless.
    Right.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    And NFs do not have deeper feeling than SFs. It's just expressed differently. Mariah Carey and Sade I think are both ISFPs and have plenty of depth.
    mariah carey?...depth?...LOL

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by luminous beam View Post
    mariah carey?...depth?...LOL

Why don't you think she has depth? I think her songs have plenty of depth (whether she wrote them or not, her voice is conveying the message). I don't judge people on surface characteristics, and I think on the surface all mainstream celebrities seem shallow, but not all of them are.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Why don't you think she has depth? I think her songs have plenty of depth.
    i agree her lyrics sound like they have depth, however...most mainstream artists do not write their music. even if she had a vague concept of what she wanted to say, i'm sure she had plenty of help to acquire the dept and the message that was ultimately expressed on her songs. that goes for most, and i mean almost all, mainstream artists.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

^See my edit, you quoted too quickly.