User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    I've pretty much heard the exact opposite. Linda McCartney dated him or was friends with him (I forget which) before the Doors made the big time, (this was before Linda met Paul), and she described him as a sweet, quiet, guy. Not at all like the Lizard King persona.
    His younger brother, high school and college classmates, bandmates, and several other girlfriends would disagree with her. Morrison is kind of an anomaly though, and the amount of weed/booze/coke/lsd in his system makes it hard to say for sure. He could definitely get pretty depressed and withdrawn from time to time too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eye 'n' Teepee View Post
    Why do you think Jimmy Page is an S as opposed to an N?
    I think you could make a case for intp, but he just seems to have that characteristic artisan temperament going on. Don't forget that he was a studio musician for quite a while before Zeppelin because of his technical proficiency and understanding of the more mechanical side of music. The vast majority of session musicians are S's.

Quote Originally Posted by lost verses View Post
    ^I'm not saying SF's lack feeling and emotion, of course not. But I absolutely think they do not have as much depth as the NF. That's unquestionable, imo.
    In what regard? Because it sounds like you're saying that you as an N have access to a level of feeling that an S can't experience, and I don't think it works quite like that. N's may experience different aspects of feeling, but it's not like we nf's have achieved this "feeling nirvana" at the pinnacle of human emotional experience.

MBTI
    AHH!

^I think that the intution function is able to apply a certain depth to the feeling where primarily surface information gathering can't access. I'm not saying it's good or bad or whatever, it's just how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Did you seriously just write that? Seriously?

You don't know me at all, and you have the presumption to write that based on what theorists peg to be my personality type?

Unbelievable. Where's your INFP desire for harmony, eh?
    Dude, calm down. I was talking about NFs and SFs. You decided to bring yourself into the equation all on your own. You're not even a declared SF so why should you be so damn offended?

LOL, I don't waste time trying to apply harmony to things that I know are beyond my control.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    Based on his humor and lyrics, I'd guess Woody Guthrie is an NF, maybe ENFP.
    Yep.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by lost verses View Post
    ^I think that the intution function is able to apply a certain depth to the feeling where primarily surface information gathering can't access. I'm not saying it's good or bad or whatever, it's just how it is.

Dude, calm down. I was talking about NFs and SFs. You decided to bring yourself into the equation all on your own. You're not even a declared SF so why should you be so damn offended?

LOL, I don't waste time trying to apply harmony to things that I know are beyond my control.
    Dude, not offended, just a bit incredulous because you seemed so quick to apply your judgment on a large group of people. I'm not a declared anything because I can see myself in all of the IXXPs, in all honesty, although I definitely lean toward the F. I find fault in the personality typing all over the place.

And as far as depth of feeling goes, I don't think the perceiving function is a make-or-break characteristic. Feeling should come primarily from the hmm, feeling function, don't you think? And if you're talking about I/ENFPs and I/ESFPs (which I think you are; I don't know how E/INFJs fit into this) that would be introverted feeling. Introverted feeling seems pretty deep to me. Sure, maybe the secondary function affects how one interprets or expresses that depth, but I think that depth is still there.

Not to mention... it's not like we only use two functions. The Ni tags directly behind the Se in an ISFP, and the Si directly behind the Ne in an INFP,etc, etc. Perhaps that tertiary function is there for a reason?

Tell you what, I'll change my personality type to how I really feel. That help?

P.S. by using introverted feeling as an example, I am not implying in any way that others lack depth of feeling. Merely an example...

And I feel the need to speak up for the underdog, in this case, the SFs you decry.

MBTI
    AHH!

Again, not sure why you're acting like this is some sort of mission for the downtrodden. As an NF, I do not claim to say that NFs are better at science type things such as forensics. I'm pretty confident that NT's are better at that, lol. Everyone has their thing.

And as far as this:
    just a bit incredulous because you seemed so quick to apply your judgment on a large group of people.
    It's not quick. I've been studying this stuff and people for awhile.

MBTI
    I

Kanye West - ENFP
    T.I. - ISTJ

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Kanye West - ENFP
    T.I. - ISTJ
    No way! Why do we have to get Kanye?
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    AHH!

Kanye an intuit? LOL.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    No way! Why do we have to get Kanye?
    You're telling me an ENFP wouldn't jump up on stage in the middle of an awards show to defend a close friend?

MBTI
    AHH!

It wasn't to protect Jay Z, it was to get attention. As always.