User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lotr246 View Post
    Is Dylan really still thought of as a sensor? Has anyone read this? If you haven't, read the first few pages and let me know. And I don't think it's all due to drugs.

Amazon.com: Tarantula: Bob Dylan: Books
    I have read that book.
    Wild stuff.
    Anyway, this doesn't tell me anything about him being a sensor. I'll go read more about this, what's your opinion?
    Oisive jeunesse
    A tout asservie,
    Par délicatesse
    J'ai perdu ma vie.
    Ah ! Que le temps vienne
    Où les coeurs s'éprennent.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i looked at it too. didn't strike me as determining N vs S, tho i find his language to be very sensuous with possibly tertiary Ni. Ni is hyper-localized and based on our own little super-detailed webs of contextuality. cadence and sound seem really natural for free-association and for dylan's songwriting in general (not really an Ni type's cup o' tea!). we can do it w/ practice, but i feel like it helps push his writing along more so than a dominant N type, which is all possibilities.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

How'd we arrive at ENTJ for David Bowie? Seems more SF or NF with the whole glam rock persona thing.

Great list btw.

MBTI
    ENTP

cadence and sound seem really natural for free-association and for dylan's songwriting in general
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-YZFAoHBgc"]Dylan[/YOUTUBE]
    Oisive jeunesse
    A tout asservie,
    Par délicatesse
    J'ai perdu ma vie.
    Ah ! Que le temps vienne
    Où les coeurs s'éprennent.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Jarvis Cocker is most likely ENFJ, not INFP.
    I agree that Cat Power is INFP. Seems pretty standard INFP.
    what do you think of the difference/look for in determining gthe difference between enfj and infp. they both can be so disarming on stage! like the guy from los campesinos seems infp to me, or like jens lekman, i can see similarities to both enfj and infp. jonathan richman, calvin johnson, etc. the enfjs do seem a little more deliberately put together whereas infp seems more haphazardly/naturally expressive. also enfjs are a little more oooo look at me dance/prance!

after watching more videos:
    tom waits isfp
    cat power infp
    van morrison infp
    leonard cohen infj
    ryan adams enfp

it's all in the leading function. andrew bird infp or isfp? definitely not nt when i watch interviews. sufjan is definitely an infj, he's got the infj eye movement. now for some more bjork!

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    How'd we arrive at ENTJ for David Bowie? Seems more SF or NF with the whole glam rock persona thing.

Great list btw.
    entjs and estps often look really familiar. he seems more j to me, his phases are always super j tightness. he shapeshifts a lot but it's soooo calculatedly and premeditated, plus the inferior Fi that he has. as candylandjoe always said it proves that point for iggy being intj (which i now subscribe to as well). definitely inj but more controversial, provoking, irritating, lewd, crass, aggressive, etc. how to get from point a to point b. imagine bowie as bill gates meets phil hartman meets music. plus i feel like he fits with the enfjs better than any other group.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

Ben Folds an INTP??

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    what do you think of the difference/look for in determining gthe difference between enfj and infp. they both can be so disarming on stage! like the guy from los campesinos seems infp to me, or like jens lekman, i can see similarities to both enfj and infp. jonathan richman, calvin johnson, etc. the enfjs do seem a little more deliberately put together whereas infp seems more haphazardly/naturally expressive. also enfjs are a little more oooo look at me dance/prance!
    Yes, I think that's it.

It's also my experience that ENFx's quip a lot from the stage. Jarvis (ENFJ) and Shirley Manson (ENFP) are two performers I've seen with great stage presence who will banter with the crowd. They move like they know you are watching them. They also connect with the audience, to the point where the crowd will yell back.

INFPs are on stage to be observed. They also seem a little more awkward or unhinged. Fiona Apple dances crazy, but says little to the audience. Cat Power is known to embrace her stage fright and make her awkward moments a part of the show. The Jesus and Mary Chain barely look at the audience, and have even performed with their backs to the crowd. William Reid has said once that he has no desire to connect with the audience. Robert Smith does not say much more than "thank you", unless he's in a good mood and then he makes these sweeping poetic statements and dances really odd.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

gioolia, that link is perrrrfect.

orangeappled, i can kind of feel it at times but most of the enfjs that are like this still need serious off-time. jonathan richman won't ever do interviews or talk about himself. there's still this distance. they're both F N S T in order. i think the difference between Se/Si might be one of the easiest ways to tell? and eye movement? in one-on-one interviews it seems way easier to tell, enfj is flirtatious and playful and infp is more awkward and feeling little disturbances in their value system and the interviewer's questions/attitudes/feelings. more juggling internally, weighing, etc. infps can be very very clever, but enfjs seem more snappy? more non-stop? infjs are like this when they know their shit (Ni has already practiced, organized, put together, etc), but their Fe is usually just slower than enfjs unless they have already ESTABLISHED something. i think infps tend to draw you in and bait you, infjs avoid you completely or decide to meet you halfway (discourse!), and enfjs tend to lean into you and rub up against you.

also, infp seems like a good typing for martin gore.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

anyone know these people?
    justin vernon (bon iver)
    robyn hitchcock
    tom verlaine
    daniel smith (danielson)
    serge gainsbourg
    sam prekop (sea and cake)