User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Senior Member StrappingYoungLad's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

You are all discussing feeling as it only comes through lyrics. Bullshit.

This is a songwriters/musicians thread, you should take in account everything from all the details of a song's structure to how elegantly a guitar player executes a vibrato. I believe many NF's overlook this kind of things. Also NF's tendency to romanticize results in many Sensors with lyrics other than "i love you, touch me" being mistyped as N's.

Quote Originally Posted by StrappingYoungLad View Post
    This is a songwriters/musicians thread, you should take in account everything from all the details of a song's structure to how elegantly a guitar player executes a vibrato.
    Neal Schon

brainheart

Strapping young lad:

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I can't believe I'm defending Mariah Carey, but I think the point trying to be made here is that just because someone isn't the best at expressing their depth of feeling verbally does not mean that they lack it.
    I agree with you and I'm an ENFP. In fact, I'm the one who brought this up... read my other posts.

P.S. although you put it better than me.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by lost verses View Post
    Semantics, semantics. More "complex" feelings.
    What's the point of using a word in an argument if you don't use it correctly?

MBTI
    ENTP

I saw Bon Iver live last night and I got INFP from Justin.

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

MBTI
    AHH!

I did use it correctly. Others couldn't understand it. That's why I provided a synonym.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    all your adjectives for lou reed seem to fit intp more than intj. i could maybe see entj, but it seems more of a struggle. he's a 5w4 too, i'm guessing? he still wrote songs like i'll be your mirror, which seems out-of-touch with entj.

i read the book "uptight" and it was a velvet underground book. do you agree that john cale is probably an infj?

coltrane as infj, his personality does seem like he could easily be infj, 4w5, but his music seems unfathomable for me as infj music. but i definitely need to give this some serious thought.

How does "controlling", "self assured" and "calculating" seem more INTP than INTJ? These are often (negative) descriptions of INTJs, are they not?

He seems more like an empirical thinker anyway, and he kept people around based on their value to him, which I think would point more in the direction of some (really twisted) Fi and I just see extraverted sensing as having something to do with his drug use (whether teritary or inferior), as well his awareness of the world around him.

I think he wrote 'I'll Be Your Mirror" for Nico to sing... and it was probably done Tongue-in-Cheek, knowing him.

To be honest, I always saw Cale as INTP and Reed as INTJ. Lou Reed was more interested in his lyrics (in projecting some kind of point, a message, etc...) as he was quite taken with the early 60's Folk revival (especially Dylan); John Cale, on the other hand, seemed to be interested in making complex music and loathed the Folk scene. I believe this is what ultimately led to Cale splitting from the group - Reed had more of an agenda of how he wanted things to go.

I've seen him listed as 6w5 (counterphobic), which seems to fit. John Cale was the 5w4.

What exactly about Coltrane's music makes it unfathomable for INFJ? A Love Supreme I always see as an example of an INFJ in their prime, doing what they do best (In Coltrane's case, Music). Transcendent, Spiritual (He was a very spiritual person) introspective and wholly emotional. Coltrane was also ridiculously meticulous about the structure and the overall production of his music.

From Wikipedia:

Coltrane also explored Hinduism, the Kabbalah, Jiddu Krishnamurti, African history, and even the philosophical teachings of Plato and Aristotle.[14] In the liner notes of A Love Supreme Coltrane states "[d]uring the year 1957, I experienced, by the grace of God, a spiritual awakening which was to lead me to a richer, fuller, more productive life. At that time, in gratitude, I humbly asked to be given the means and privilege to make others happy through music." In his 1965 album Meditations, Coltrane wrote about uplifting people, "...To inspire them to realize more and more of their capacities for living meaningful lives. Because there certainly is meaning to life

That's seems pretty INFJ to me.

He would also spend hours in a room by himself, to be alone with his thoughts and the "music in his head". I've never known ISFPs (or Sensate based types in general) to consciously withdraw from the world in this way. He may not be INFJ, but I don't think ISFP is possible for Coltrane.

He does seem much more like an INFJ to me than Davis (Who I always thought was ENTx).

MBTI
    AHH!

Heh, saw you changed yourself to NF because you were so offended by the idea of being an SF. lol forever at that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Trent Reznor's more of an INFP

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Is anyone familiar with Alice Glass from Crystal Castles? Im curious of what you think her type is? She reminds me of Karen O maybe a ISFP?