• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ashlee and Jessica Simpson

hommefatal

Ashlee: xSFP. She doesn't seem particularly extroverted or introverted.
Jessica: ESTJ

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ashlee: I keep feeling INFJ from her. IJ, INJ, F.

Jessica: Come on, isn't she like the posterchild of an ESFP????? EP, FP, SP, secondary Fi, dom Se

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
How in the world is Jessica an ESTJ????

She constantly makes F [and Fi] value decisions, and is totally a P. and an SP and an FP and an EP. TJ, how?????

ladyinspring

MBTI Type
INFP
How in the world is Jessica an ESTJ????

She constantly makes F [and Fi] value decisions, and is totally a P. and an SP and an FP and an EP. TJ, how?????

LOL I'm totally with you.

I'm so mystified by this that I can't even respond. I will say that ESTJ is way down on the list of possibilities as far as I'm concerned. But there's no real way to respond to "I don't like that person, they must be an ESTJ". I'm so tired of that line of reasoning popping up everywhere that I'm just over it all. I don't think most people would know an actual ESTJ from a bunny with a pancake on its head.

She's been a calculated ditz. ESTJs would be ashamed to be seen as ditzy, because one of their core values is to be responsible. According to IMDB, her mother says she had a 160 IQ as a child (which would mean she's still pretty intelligent now even if its degraded). But she dropped out of high school to be a singer. I agree that there is more to her than meets the eye but she's all about projecting a certain image and not about being a responsible member of an accepted community/society/group. So she'll switch musical genres on the fly (from Christian to Pop to Country to whatever seems popular next), wear outlandishly revealing clothes for the attention all while proclaiming her virginity for the attention (like another SP, Britney Spears), and says her greatest fear is that people won't like her. Not an ESTJ.

There is a cynicism, optimism, and spontaneity to her approach that is not at all like the fatalistic, pessimistic, prepared approach of STJs. I've known a lot of ESFPs, haven't known a lot of ESTJs although I've known plenty of every other kind of SJ. Everything I know confirms what temperament theory says about these types. SPs need to make an impact, and ESFPs in particular want to be attractive (in every sense of the word, not just pretty, but standing out and attracting attention on a visceral level). SJs want to be responsible and belong. And then there's Jessica Simpson.

The fact that she's perceived as "ruthless" sounds a lot more like a dominant extraverted sensor, since power and manipulation are hallmarks of the type. ESTJs are more serious and when they're trying to be funny either the joke will fall flat or it will be cutting (like Judge Judy). J-Simp made herself the butt of jokes although always seemed to me to be in control of the situation which is again extraverted sensing.

Now look, I'll concede that maybe she's an ESJ and just not like any I've ever known (strongly do not think she is an extraverted thinker, but maybe ESFJ). Maybe SFP is so obvious as to be wrong. After all, everyone tells me that Barack Obama is obviously an ENFJ and I go way against the grain on that one. So maybe she too is not what she appears. But "I don't like her" is not enough.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Yeah, does anyone have any real reason to believe that she's an ESTJ? It seems highly unlikely, even if we disregard her public persona (which yes, is obviously an act). And I also seriously doubt that she has an IQ as high as or higher than Albert Einstein's, even if she is more clever than most people think.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I don't see ESTJ either, it seems people here are going by the tried and true "I don't like this person, they must be an ESTJ!" tactic of typing somebody. I'd guess xSFP for her, Ashlee is tougher, not as much limelight at all.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I don't get the ESTJ either for Jessica. She's ESFP imo.

Whatever type she is, she's single now.

it seems people here are going by the tried and true "I don't like this person, they must be an ESTJ!" tactic of typing somebody.

Haha yes.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see ESTJ either, it seems people here are going by the tried and true "I don't like this person, they must be an ESTJ!" tactic of typing somebody. I'd guess xSFP for her, Ashlee is tougher, not as much limelight at all.

As opposed to the tried and true "She's blond, so she must be ESFP?"

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Smart ESFPs love the dumb blonde act. My sister pulls the same crap, although she is very smart (and incidentally, she loves Jessica Simpson, as does an ESFP friend of mine). I don't believe that Jessica Simpson is as "secretly" smart as she says she is anyway (Where's the evidence? Besides a parent's ridiculous IQ touting). Even in interviews where she has tried to get serious, her "deep" thoughts are pretty pedestrian.

So, I would say ESxP for Jessica Simpson. Definitely an SP, and an extrovert. I think her sister is pretty standard ISFP.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going to say ESFJ, personally. She's not rebellious enough to be an SP.

Ashlee, on the other hand, is definitely an SP of some kind.