User Tag List

First 456

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelostnf View Post
    I haven't looked at this entire thread but I came across this article recently and thought it might be interesting to some on the forum.

What psychological personality tests reveal about Clinton, Obama, and McCain. - By Emily Yoffe - Slate Magazine

Enjoy...and let's hear what you think about it.

The only thing that is missing here is NT.

Right now you need NT more than ever.

I am not saying this because I am NT but because things are getting more and more complex so you need someone who will actually understand what is happening in the reality.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    The only thing that is missing here is NT.

Right now you need NT more than ever.

I am not saying this because I am NT but because things are getting more and more complex so you need someone who will actually understand what is happening in the reality.
    NFs handle complexity really, really, well but they factor in the human, unpredictable dynamic more easily. NTs miss the obvious, like, "IF you as First Lady seemingly come up with a universal health care plan all by yourself, the nation is going to think you're acting like our President and hey, we didn't elect you..."

The article cited...she doesn't seem to have any type expertise. Here's another one that mentions the Hile Rutledge info on Bill and Hilary taking the MBTI. The original newsletter from Hile on the elections seems to be gone.
    Michael Melcher Reports ...: Hillary Clinton, misunderstood INTJ
    edcoaching

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    NFs handle complexity really, really, well but they factor in the human, unpredictable dynamic more easily. NTs miss the obvious, like, "IF you as First Lady seemingly come up with a universal health care plan all by yourself, the nation is going to think you're acting like our President and hey, we didn't elect you..."

The article cited...she doesn't seem to have any type expertise. Here's another one that mentions the Hile Rutledge info on Bill and Hilary taking the MBTI. The original newsletter from Hile on the elections seems to be gone.
    Michael Melcher Reports ...: Hillary Clinton, misunderstood INTJ
    The point of my last post was that, in the article that I have quoted Hillary is ESTJ.

But my real point is not that you need just an NT. You need unconventionl NT that will change some of the basic rules of the game.
    I think that Hillary even if she is an INTJ is not that kind of a person.

On the other hand NFs can be very ineffective in crisis exactly because they have a hard time in making decisions that will hurt someone.

And thy only way to solve many critical situations is by making sacrifice of something for something.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    On the other hand NFs can be very ineffective in crisis exactly because they have a hard time in making decisions that will hurt someone.

And thy only way to solve many critical situations is by making sacrifice of something for something.
    I'd say that only describes NFs who aren't ready for leadership positions. I prefer NF, am leader of a rather large organization, and have no problem making decisions that further our goals even if some are hurt. NO PROBLEM. I can even listen to sob stories without emotion when I know it's irrelevant to the community. I also excel at figuring out how others will react in advance--and am usually dead on--and am constantly having to convince NTs that these considerations may be more important than anything else they are basing their strategic decisions on. And...am then left cleaning up the tsunami of the community reaction is that the NT actions undermined our community values.

ALL types can be great leaders/excellent decision makers, etc. if a) they capitalize on their strengths and b) understand and compensate for their weaknesses.
    edcoaching

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

You also might check out politicaltypes.com - Home where there's a yearlong study going on checking out type preferences and political views. Unfortunately it's mainly been accessed by the type community so mostly N's have responded. But right now there's a section on Barack's type and the only think people agree on is that he's N
    edcoaching

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I, personally think that our president is ESTJ
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

John Carey ENFP? no dude. He's TJ something. If any politician was ENFP, it'd probably be Bill Clinton or Sarah Palin (not really sure about either but they're the only possibilities I could think of). Most NFs don't like politics because you have to be fake much of the time. The most noteworthy exception I can think of is Ron Paul, definitely INFJ. He's not in it for the money though. He has a masters as a physician so if he just wanted money he could do that.