• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing Politicians

IdentityCrisis

MBTI Type
INTP
I can tell you one thing for sure:
Hilary Clinton is INTJ and Bill Clinton is ESFP

It just has to be true.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
My opinions.. you have any questions.
Feel free to ask.

George W Bush: ESTP
Laura Bush: ISFJ
Bill Clinton: ESFP
Hillary Clinton: ENTJ
Cheney: INTJ
Barack Obama: ENFP
John McCain: ESTP
Al Gore: INTP
Rudy Guliani: ESTJ
Arnold: ESTP
John Edwards: ESFP
George Bush Sr.: ESFJ
Barbra Bush: ESTJ

Hang

MBTI Type
INFJ
My speculations (from off the top of my head):

George W. Bush: ISFJ

Dick Cheney: ENTJ

John Kerry: ENFP

Hilary Clinton: ISTJ

Bill Clinton: ESTP

Rudy Giuliani: INTJ

I have to disagree with Uberfuhrer.

George W. Bush is not an F if you see what he is doing.
Cheney seems more of an S.
Hilary is more of an INTP.
Clinton: ENFJ, he is very charismatic.

mollyowens

MBTI Type
ENTP
I haven't looked at this entire thread but I came across this article recently and thought it might be interesting to some on the forum.

What psychological personality tests reveal about Clinton, Obama, and McCain. - By Emily Yoffe - Slate Magazine

Enjoy...and let's hear what you think about it.

I thought it was pretty off!

In my opinion, Hilary Clinton in an ENTJ, not an ESTJ. A primary difference between these two types is that ESTJs are driven to uphold traditions, where ENTJs are driven to create change. Does anyone remember Hilary's universal health care plan? Not the work of a traditionalist, in my opinion. ESTJs' weakness is that they are often too conservative, sticking with the old way of doing things when a new idea would be more effective. The health care plan was the sort of innovative, out-there idea that an ENTJ would come up with, assume everyone else will go along with it, and then neglect to consider that it might be totally impractical.

I think Barack Obama is an ENFJ, not an ENFP. For one thing, an ENFP would be highly unlikely to get into politics, and also unlikely to go to law school. ENFPs and ENFJs are both motivated to use creativity to help people, but ENFPs tend to do it outside the system (as much as that is possible) while ENFJs prefer to work within the system. Obama was a community organizer and civil rights attorney, working within the existing system to change it for the better. His campaign motto--"Change we can believe in"--is the clincher for me. It could be the ENFJ motto as well.

I do agree that John McCain is an ESTP.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I can tell you one thing for sure:
Hilary Clinton is INTJ and Bill Clinton is ESFP

It just has to be true.

These two actually went through type training with a colleague of mine. Hilary verified INTJ as best-fit type and Bill verified ENFP. The Se is what got him into trouble, a classic example of being undone by one's inferior function...

The Grey Badger

MBTI Type
INTP
These two actually went through type training with a colleague of mine. Hilary verified INTJ as best-fit type and Bill verified ENFP. The Se is what got him into trouble, a classic example of being undone by one's inferior function...

I thought it was his inferior (lower) *head* than got him in trouble.:devil:

mollyowens

MBTI Type
ENTP

How interesting! Do you have any more insider info? :)

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7

Wow! Are you serious? That's pretty cool and stuff. :headphne:

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
How interesting! Do you have any more insider info? :)

Not really...another colleague was at some gathering the Clintons were at and said they actually talked abit about type with her, knew more about it than just the 4 letters. Now whether they've ever used the info for personal development, well...

It does point out how hard it is to type politicians because they really all do put on a public persona. Obama...you can get some ideas from Dreams of My Father if you believe (and I do) that he wrote it before having any personal aspirations. There's a feel in it for his motivations, learning style, etc.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I haven't looked at this entire thread but I came across this article recently and thought it might be interesting to some on the forum.

What psychological personality tests reveal about Clinton, Obama, and McCain. - By Emily Yoffe - Slate Magazine

Enjoy...and let's hear what you think about it.

The only thing that is missing here is NT.

Right now you need NT more than ever.

I am not saying this because I am NT but because things are getting more and more complex so you need someone who will actually understand what is happening in the reality.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
The only thing that is missing here is NT.

Right now you need NT more than ever.

I am not saying this because I am NT but because things are getting more and more complex so you need someone who will actually understand what is happening in the reality.

NFs handle complexity really, really, well but they factor in the human, unpredictable dynamic more easily. NTs miss the obvious, like, "IF you as First Lady seemingly come up with a universal health care plan all by yourself, the nation is going to think you're acting like our President and hey, we didn't elect you..."

The article cited...she doesn't seem to have any type expertise. Here's another one that mentions the Hile Rutledge info on Bill and Hilary taking the MBTI. The original newsletter from Hile on the elections seems to be gone.
Michael Melcher Reports ...: Hillary Clinton, misunderstood INTJ

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
NFs handle complexity really, really, well but they factor in the human, unpredictable dynamic more easily. NTs miss the obvious, like, "IF you as First Lady seemingly come up with a universal health care plan all by yourself, the nation is going to think you're acting like our President and hey, we didn't elect you..."

The article cited...she doesn't seem to have any type expertise. Here's another one that mentions the Hile Rutledge info on Bill and Hilary taking the MBTI. The original newsletter from Hile on the elections seems to be gone.
Michael Melcher Reports ...: Hillary Clinton, misunderstood INTJ

The point of my last post was that, in the article that I have quoted Hillary is ESTJ.

But my real point is not that you need just an NT. You need unconventionl NT that will change some of the basic rules of the game.
I think that Hillary even if she is an INTJ is not that kind of a person.

On the other hand NFs can be very ineffective in crisis exactly because they have a hard time in making decisions that will hurt someone.

And thy only way to solve many critical situations is by making sacrifice of something for something.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
On the other hand NFs can be very ineffective in crisis exactly because they have a hard time in making decisions that will hurt someone.

And thy only way to solve many critical situations is by making sacrifice of something for something.

I'd say that only describes NFs who aren't ready for leadership positions. I prefer NF, am leader of a rather large organization, and have no problem making decisions that further our goals even if some are hurt. NO PROBLEM. I can even listen to sob stories without emotion when I know it's irrelevant to the community. I also excel at figuring out how others will react in advance--and am usually dead on--and am constantly having to convince NTs that these considerations may be more important than anything else they are basing their strategic decisions on. And...am then left cleaning up the tsunami of the community reaction is that the NT actions undermined our community values.

ALL types can be great leaders/excellent decision makers, etc. if a) they capitalize on their strengths and b) understand and compensate for their weaknesses.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
You also might check out politicaltypes.com - Home where there's a yearlong study going on checking out type preferences and political views. Unfortunately it's mainly been accessed by the type community so mostly N's have responded. But right now there's a section on Barack's type and the only think people agree on is that he's N

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
John Carey ENFP? no dude. He's TJ something. If any politician was ENFP, it'd probably be Bill Clinton or Sarah Palin (not really sure about either but they're the only possibilities I could think of). Most NFs don't like politics because you have to be fake much of the time. The most noteworthy exception I can think of is Ron Paul, definitely INFJ. He's not in it for the money though. He has a masters as a physician so if he just wanted money he could do that.