User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 119

  1. #91
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    From my experience, most of the ISTPs I've known irl tend to not give a shit and say what they want to say. They're not so obsessed with tact. Really goes to most IXTPs.
    that.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  2. #92
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    From my experience, most of the ISTPs I've known irl tend to not give a shit and say what they want to say. They're not so obsessed with tact. Really goes to most IXTPs.
    uhhhh...ok....what I mean by tactfulness is in the moment here and now type of intelligence where the person is able to solve and figure out problems. For example an ESTPs "tactuful" intelligence might be in sales where they are able to use their communication skills to sell a product while ISTP tactfulness might be in troubleshooting and repairing mechanics. This is why the SP type is so dominant in sports. What you say and what you want to say has very little to do with tactfulness as a whole.

  3. #93
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    From my experience, most of the ISTPs I've known irl tend to not give a shit and say what they want to say. They're not so obsessed with tact. Really goes to most IXTPs.
    Pretty much is, for me. I can sensor it, but only in small doses. I can use Fe, but not often. I will eventually crack.
    On prozac or a lot of pot, I can do it for longer periods of time before I lose it lol.....

    Jix, let's face it, you are so counterphobe and out-of-touch with your own being that you can't even face the description of your own enneagram type, and therefore, face that you have fears, and are motivated by a basic fear. If you can't do that, stop believing you have the ability to type people "better" than those who have. The only istp's you will even acknowledge are those you consider to be "badass" types, because that validates the fact that you are also "like a badass"..... lmfao. If the description doesn't fit a Clint Eastwood-type model, you just negate it and call it bunk. Lemme tell ya' what, alot of ISTP 6w5's are into math and science, not action. I was always the worst kid in the class at athletics all through school, and couldn't wait until I no longer had PE class. I've never been very active or sports-oriented (the most active i am right now is when I am walking through a mall or walking around at a festival, going to the occasional amusement park, and cleaning house lol... computer repair isn't what I would call necessarily "active", if you call using a screwdriver here and there, "active"). I would rather learn something new than work out at the gym. And I have never been interested in mechanics, etc, until recently. I also like to dress up alot, and I don't usually dress comfortably or athletically-inspired, so I don't even look like the stereotypical istp. I like to live in the city. I enjoy going out in the city, and I don't like nature, insects, wild animals, etc. at all. There are some things I share with most ISTP's, and other things I don't. Imo, you are stereotyping like mad, and it's because you refuse to acknowledge any realms of personality typing other than mbti.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  4. #94
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Mod Note:

    Kay folks, let's keep the discussion civil and on point (and no that point is not at the tip of a penis)
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  5. #95
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Pretty much is, for me. I can sensor it, but only in small doses. I can use Fe, but not often. I will eventually crack.
    On prozac or a lot of pot, I can do it for longer periods of time before I lose it lol.....

    Jix, let's face it, you are so counterphobe and out-of-touch with your own being that you can't even face the description of your own enneagram type, and therefore, face that you have fears, and are motivated by a basic fear. If you can't do that, stop believing you have the ability to type people "better" than those who have. The only istp's you will even acknowledge are those you consider to be "badass" types, because that validates the fact that you are also "like a badass"..... lmfao. If the description doesn't fit a Clint Eastwood-type model, you just negate it and call it bunk. Lemme tell ya' what, alot of ISTP 6w5's are into math and science, not action. I was always the worst kid in the class at athletics all through school, and couldn't wait until I no longer had PE class. I've never been very active or sports-oriented (the most active i am right now is when I am walking through a mall or walking around at a festival, going to the occasional amusement park, and cleaning house lol... computer repair isn't what I would call necessarily "active", if you call using a screwdriver here and there, "active"). I would rather learn something new than work out at the gym. And I have never been interested in mechanics, etc, until recently. I also like to dress up alot, and I don't usually dress comfortably or athletically-inspired, so I don't even look like the stereotypical istp. I like to live in the city. I enjoy going out in the city, and I don't like nature, insects, wild animals, etc. at all. There are some things I share with most ISTP's, and other things I don't. Imo, you are stereotyping like mad, and it's because you refuse to acknowledge any realms of personality typing other than mbti.
    Not sure why you tards have to get so personal, but good job you just explained that you're a nerd *claps*. I can't face the description? I love my enmeagram type it actually explains me quite well that doesn't mean I'm still not skeptic about emneagram typology. You know that emneagram and MBTI ARE ALL STEREOTYPES in and of itself, so therefore we are all stereotyping other people when we classify them into letter/number groups. The notion of ISTPs being mechanics is a very general notion, so you can't take that example as me being literal i was using it as an example.

  6. #96
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I saw an video once where Diablo Cody interviewed Megan Fox--they're friends who've worked together. Megan came across as quite smart, actually. She seems like the type that really hates the Hollywood game and refuses to play it; therefore, she gets misrepresented a lot in interviews or painted as the bad girl. I came away with a lot of respect for her, and she actually seemed like she'd be a pretty level-headed, cool girl to hang out with. I think ISTP is probably not a bad guess. I can't remember if she came across as N or not.
    Agreed.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  7. #97
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Not sure why you tards have to get so personal, but good job you just explained that you're a nerd *claps*. I can't face the description? I love my enmeagram type it actually explains me quite well that doesn't mean I'm still not skeptic about emneagram typology. You know that emneagram and MBTI ARE ALL STEREOTYPES in and of itself, so therefore we are all stereotyping other people when we classify them into letter/number groups. The notion of ISTPs being mechanics is a very general notion, so you can't take that example as me being literal i was using it as an example.
    I'm a nerd and happy about it. You have to be a certain percentage of nerd to be as involved as you are on this forum, in the first place. So embrace your being instead of pretending it doesn't exist.

    So, now he changes his story and suddenly he loves his enneagram type..... hmmmm...... :rolli:

    Furthermore, I "get so personal" because real-world examples to me are more "true" to life than any description. I use myself and the people I know as examples because I know it's true, and I can relate real-world experiences to those found in a book, to see exactly how the descriptions work and what they mean. I use my life as an example for others, and I like to see others do the same.
    Last edited by ICUP; 06-13-2011 at 08:33 PM.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  8. #98
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    So, now he changes his story and suddenly he loves his enneagram type..... hmmmm...... :rolli:
    nah you just have a hard time interpreting things properly.

  9. #99
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Also emneagram is faulty, not sure how that B.S got considered as legit for determining personality.
    First you call enneagram "B.S." = bullshit, and say you don't know how enneagram "got considered as legit for determining personality." That's a strong stance against it.

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Well I def don't believe in emneagram as much as MBTI. To me its like mixing in apples and oranges. How the two got mixed together I'm not sure.
    Then, you say you don't believe in enneagram as much as MBTI.

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I love my enmeagram type it actually explains me quite well that doesn't mean I'm still not skeptic about emneagram typology.
    Lastly, you say you "love" your enneagram type.

    So you go from calling it bullshit, and saying you have no idea why it is considered legit for determining personality, to loving it, and believing it "describes you quite well" within a few hours.

    I agree that perhaps I'm not understanding you, but if you aren't describing your full take on enneagram, and just blurbing here and there, totally opposite stances on it, it's not my problem that I'm a BIT confused. :yim_rolling_on_the_
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  10. #100
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    First you call enneagram "B.S." = bullshit, and say you don't know how enneagram "got considered as legit for determining personality." That's a strong stance against it.



    Then, you say you don't believe in enneagram as much as MBTI.



    Lastly, you say you "love" your enneagram type.

    So you go from calling it bullshit, and saying you have no idea why it is considered legit for determining personality, to loving it, and believing it "describes you quite well" within a few hours.

    I agree that perhaps I'm not understanding you, but if you aren't describing your full take on enneagram, and just blurbing here and there, totally opposite stances on it, it's not my problem that I'm a BIT confused. :yim_rolling_on_the_
    MBTi is a much better system for determining type, I like the way emneagram explains my type but I don't think emneagram is a legit system for determining types in general. I'm very skeptical about emneagram. That shouldn't be too hard to understand for someone with half a brain.

Similar Threads

  1. What type is Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic Adventure 2 Battle)
    By Athenian200 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-29-2016, 05:04 PM
  2. What type is House?
    By RansomedbyFire in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1046
    Last Post: 11-23-2015, 07:15 PM
  3. What type is Falcarius the dinosaur?
    By Falcarius in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 09:34 PM
  4. What type is he?
    By Climber07 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 03:34 PM
  5. What type is the most pedantic?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO