• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

nba players

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
guess until we get it right!

INFJ

INTJ

INTP
Tim Duncan
Larry Bird
Steve Nash
Robert Horry
Julius Erving

INFP

ENFJ

ENTJ

ENFP
Bill Walton
Rasheed Wallace
Shaquille O'Neal
Charles Barkley
Chris Paul

ENTP
Dennis Rodmon
Gary Payton

ESTJ
David Robinson
Clyde Drexler
AC Green

ESTP

ESFJ
Dwight Howard
Amare Stoudamire
Anfernee Hardaway

ESFP
Magic Johnson
Paul Pierce
Gilbert Arenas

ISFP
Dwyane Wade
Carmelo Anthony
Chauncey Billups
Karl Malone
Alonzo Mourning
Baron Davis

ISFJ
Yao Ming
Dirk Nowitzki
Chris Webber
Tracy McGrady
Vince Carter
Chris Bosh

ISTP
Michael Jordan
Lebron James
Manu Gnobili
Jason Kidd
Joe Dumars
John Stockton
Kevin Durant
Isaiah Thomas
Kevin Garnett
Brandon Roy
Mike Bibby

ISTJ
Kobe Bryant
Reggie Miller
Hakeem Olajuwon
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Scottie Pippen
Patrick Ewing
Richard Hamilton
Ray Allen
Tony Parker
Grant Hill
Robert Parish

James Worthy
Chris Mullin
Tim Hardaway
Mark Price
Larry Johnson
Shawn Kemp
Vin Baker
Allen Iverson
Vlade Divac
Antoine Walker
Shawn Marion
Josh Howard
Jason Terry
Greg Oden
Mitch Richmond
Latrell Sprewell
Marcus Camby
Alan Houston
Ron Artest
Bill Russell
Wilt Chamberlain
Oscar Robertson
Jerry West
Moses Malone

Phil Jackson
Larry Brown
Pat Riley
Rick Adelman
Doug Collins
Don Nelson
George Karl
Mike Dunleavy
Paul Westphal
Jerry Sloan
Greg Popovich
Rudy Tomjonovich
Flip Saunders

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
Shaq and Barkley seem ESTP.

Bird was listed as ISTP so, I'm not sure about him as an INTP. Maybe.

I was thinking Phil Jackson was an INTJ. AC Green seems either ESFJ/ENFJ.

What about Delonte' West?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I'm a big NBA fan, and since I learned about TypologyCentral, I applied it very closely to NBA players...

LeBron James - ESFP
Kobe Bryant - ISTJ
Dwyane Wade - ISFP
Dwight Howard - ESFP
Chris Paul - ENTJ
Shaquille O'Neal - ESTP
Gilbert Arenas - INFJ
Ray Allen - ISTJ
Tim Duncan - INTP
Allen Iverson - ISTP
Chris Bosh - ISFP

Retired:
Michael Jordan - ISTP
Charles Barkley - ESTP
Mark Jackson - ISTJ

If someone needs me to, I can give explanations later on.

SexyMan

MBTI Type
ENTP
This seems like a good place to make my first post, anyway...

ENFJ
Michael Jordan-Never understood why most people labeled him an Introvert, mainly ISTP. Trash Talker, never took criticism well, emotional, cried, holds grudges, etc. Compare him to a true ISTP like say, Kobe Bryant, and you'll notice the differences in personality.

INTJ
Gregg Popovich

ENTJ
Avery Johnson
Chris Paul

INTP
Tim Duncan

ENTP
Steve Nash
Scott Pollard
Lawrence Frank

INFP
Vince Carter
Julius Erving
Delonte West

ENFP
Bill Walton
Paul Pierce
Dennis Rodman

ESTP
Shaq
Wilt Chamberlain
Gilbert Arenas
Charles Barkley
Gary Payton
+a lot more

ISTP
Kobe Bryant
Larry Bird
Reggie Miller
Jason Kidd
Allen Iverson
Alonzo Mourning
John Stockton

ESFP
Lebron James
Kevin Garnett
Baron Davis
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Webber
Mark Jackson
Chris Bosh
Rasheed Wallace
Ron Artest
+more

ISFP
Dwyane Wade
Dirk Nowitzki
Tayshuan Prince

ISFJ
T-Mac
Yao
Scottie Pippen

ESFJ
Dwight Howard

ISTJ
Ray Allen
Chauncey Billups
Jerry Sloan

I'll do some more later.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
ENFJ
Michael Jordan-Never understood why most people labeled him an Introvert, mainly ISTP. Trash Talker, never took criticism well, emotional, cried, holds grudges, etc. Compare him to a true ISTP like say, Kobe Bryant, and you'll notice the differences in personality.

Kobe's not ISTP. Jordan likely is. Kobe is very planned and structured, he foresees the finals during the regular season. He sets goals to reach during the season. He's got a tremendous work ethic and is very routined. Also, from what I know of him, he has very high Fi. ISTP's normally have the lowest Fi of everyone (tied with INTP).

Chris Mullin anyone? ISTJ?

Imo, he's definitely ISTx. Leaning towards J though.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If someone needs me to, I can give explanations later on.

lebron as esfp? not t?
the big aristotle and sir charles as s not N?
chris paul, you seem right, i'd just like an explanation.

SexyMan

MBTI Type
ENTP
Kobe's not ISTP. Jordan likely is. Kobe is very planned and structured, he foresees the finals during the regular season. He sets goals to reach during the season. He's got a tremendous work ethic and is very routined. Also, from what I know of him, he has very high Fi. ISTP's normally have the lowest Fi of everyone (tied with INTP).

If Kobe was an ISTJ, he'd be a better team player and less selfish. I think he'd be a little more sociable too if he was ISTJ, he's a true loner. Kobe is determined to win, you can't win without setting goals and having tremendous work ethic. And every NBA player has a routine, doesn't make them a J. And c'mon, who doesn't foresee the finals in the regular season. It's all people speculate about during the NBA season, who's going to be there in June.

And yes, Jordan is an ENFJ, a negative one. This is a guy who was mad at Jerry Krause when he traded Charles Oakley because he was his "best friend." The Bulls got Bill Cartwright in return, a solid big man who could defend the low post, because he satisfied a need the Bulls lacked. Not to mention, trading Oakley also opened up playing time for Horace Grant and Scottie Pippen. Yet it still took time for MJ to even come around to the trade, and he hated Cartwright for a while too because of it. He told teammates not to pass to him, and in practice he would throw bullet passes no one could catch solely to prove his point. Doesn't sound like someone who uses logical reasoning to me.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
lebron as esfp? not t?
the big aristotle and sir charles as s not N?
chris paul, you seem right, i'd just like an explanation.

LeBron - From his press conferences, especially the MVP one, seems very F. He fits the bill of ESFPness because of his comfort and almost satisfaction in being the center of attention. He has a certain set of values even if he won't always say it. At his MVP conference, he stressed his childhood and how he's thankful for his mother bringing him up by herself, etc. I could also get a sense of Fe because of him always involving the entire team in pre-game activities, and how he bought the entire team digital cameras for his MVP award ceremony.

Chris Paul - he's an ExTJ, probably N. He's a natural-born leader. Puts things as they are, tells it like it is, doesn't take feelings much into account, a true Thinker type. He's a talkative guy, very comfortable around people, hence the extroversion. He actually has a Napoleon complex too, very short (for NBA standards) and an incredible vocal leader. That's why I said ENTJ.

Shaq - born entertainer. So obviously extroverted, it's scary. Loves to be the center of attention, he just doesn't seem like an intuitive to me. He's a comedian too, and likes to crack jokes to make people laugh. Now that I think about it, Shaq too (like LeBron) could potentially be ESFP. We know that Shaq holds grudges, as shown very clearly by his relationship with Kobe Bryant.

Barkley - just like Shaq, loves to crack jokes, also a comedian. Seemingly nice guy, can be indiscrete, says what he wants and isn't afraid to do what he wants. Just has that ESTP like personality.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
kobe has Fi. his moves when planned are better than his moves when improvised (socially i mean). he has dominant Si, he works his ass off on his shot harder than anyone else in the league, etc.

Ti dom has a different never quit type focus. just focused on winning, playing the game, drawing connections that can do something for you. kobe is more fearful of the world, of change, of being unprepared, he views the world as hostile and unpredictable. he doesn't adapt nearly as well as Ti dominants, but he has built himself into a fantastic player through hard work and preparation.

jordan just wanted to dominate. the challenge is what drove him and most Ti dominant types. also secondary Se.

i'm wondering if almost all nba types have Se pretty high. so much adaptation in the air, body control and adjustment, etc.

the N types have their advantages too. god bless you tim duncan, steve nash, probably bill russell.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LeBron - From his press conferences, especially the MVP one, seems very F. He fits the bill of ESFPness because of his comfort and almost satisfaction in being the center of attention. He has a certain set of values even if he won't always say it. At his MVP conference, he stressed his childhood and how he's thankful for his mother bringing him up by herself, etc. I could also get a sense of Fe because of him always involving the entire team in pre-game activities, and how he bought the entire team digital cameras for his MVP award ceremony.

lebron seems too wise to be early 20s esfp. what about enfp? he doesn't say crazy things and seems really grounded, but he just has this presence in all his activities that suggests N to me. sees possibilities too well, his best friend is entj jay-z. he works angles, i keep saying he'll be president some day. he's as perfect as barack. SeTe for esfp is a great social strategizer, but he just seems to have a better sense for all his affairs. plus Se types are more on the surface, and bron bron seems too put together for that.

eh, maybe esfp makes more sense. his thinking just seems so advanced. he is obviously extremely mature for his age, i just don't have any esfp examples that share any similarity to him.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
If Kobe was an ISTJ, he'd be a better team player and less selfish. I think he'd be a little more sociable too if he was ISTJ, he's a true loner. Kobe is determined to win, you can't win without setting goals and having tremendous work ethic. And every NBA player has a routine, doesn't make them a J. And c'mon, who doesn't foresee the finals in the regular season. It's all people speculate about during the NBA season, who's going to be there in June.

Kobe's an incredible team player, he's not selfish. The Lakers' play this year has proved that. He does what it takes to win, and he distributes the basketball really well on his team and finds the right guys. Additionally, he is very much a vocal leader on the Lakers, which is more IxTJ than IxTP. The fact that he's a loner has no relevance on whether he's J or P. In fact, his apparent low Fe would make him even more likely as ISTJ.

Also, he makes it a point to separate work and family life - a J trait. Additionally, Kobe has a tremendous devotion to duty. Even when Kobe was in his first year/second year, he already had an incredible devotion to duty. When his teammates were partying and going to strip clubs, Kobe actually said "Why would I go to a strip club for? For what? I'm here to play basketball, man." That sounds more ISTJ to me than ISTP.

ISTJ.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
lebron seems too wise to be early 20s esfp. what about enfp? he doesn't say crazy things and seems really grounded, but he just has this presence in all his activities that suggests N to me. sees possibilities too well, his best friend is entj jay-z. he works angles, i keep saying he'll be president some day. he's as perfect as barack. SeTe for esfp is a great social strategizer, but he just seems to have a better sense for all his affairs. plus Se types are more on the surface, and bron bron seems too put together for that.

eh, maybe esfp makes more sense. his thinking just seems so advanced. he is obviously extremely mature for his age, i just don't have any esfp examples that share any similarity to him.

You know, ENFP makes sense too, but I think the overall ESFP profile just fits LeBron better.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know, ENFP makes sense too, but I think the overall ESFP profile just fits LeBron better.

i kinda think he's introverted. introverted thinking makes the most sense to me like istp or intp. he doesn't open up at all. he doesn't operate with a holsitic judgment so much as causal this leads to this. he could be Te but not AFTER Fi. you see energy with lebron and excitement but not shades of feeling, what esfp is like that? he does NOT seem to be really moody like an F.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
i kinda think he's introverted. introverted thinking makes the most sense to me like istp or intp. he doesn't open up at all. he doesn't operate with a holsitic judgment so much as causal this leads to this. he could be Te but not AFTER Fi. you see energy with lebron and excitement but not shades of feeling, what esfp is like that? he does NOT seem to be really moody like an F.

I'm gonna break it down so I can understand easier...

P - we both agree on this, he has a laid-back and playful nature.

E/I - In interviews and even not in interviews, he has a smiley face quite often. He is the leader of the pre-game rituals that he and his teammates do.

N/S - Not very creative in his basketball skills and dunks.

F/T - He likes to get everyone involved, not leave anyone out. Gave every one of his teammates a gift. Actually, he's very Fe sounding to me. Likes to be the center of attention, perhaps yet more Fe. In interviews, he seems like a genuine "nice guy".

Maybe he's ESTP, possibly ESFJ.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Let me explain a few more:

Gilbert Arenas - INFP (not INFJ):
He's introverted, I've seen in-depth interviews with him, and he's a self-proclaimed hermit. The Ne is very evident when you read his online blog, he always thinks of the possibilities and relationships between things, sometimes in scary ways. More Fi than Fe, I reckon. Has a lot of inner motivation and desire to prove doubters wrong.

I think everyone agrees that Dwyane Wade is ISFP.

Steve Nash - ExTP

Dwight Howard - ESFP: Really a kid in a grown man's body. Extremely laid back, friendly (possibly ESTP), players and coaches love him. I still say F over T because he gets really emotional sometimes on the court.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
Lebron's an ESFP. You can tell Se users right off the bat sometimes by looking into their eyes. Their eyes move all over the place, scanning the room and their surroundings, shifting from one place to another. Watch videos of Lebron OFF the court and you'll see him doing it.

Kobe's an ISFJ.

Michael Jordan was an ENFJ.

Shaq ISFP. Magic Johnson was some kind of SFP (can't really tell if he's E or I).

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Lebron's an ESFP. You can tell Se users right off the bat sometimes by looking into their eyes. Their eyes move all over the place, scanning the room and their surroundings, shifting from one place to another. Watch videos of Lebron OFF the court and you'll see him doing it.

Kobe's an ISFJ.

Michael Jordan was an ENFJ.

Shaq ISFP. Magic Johnson was some kind of SFP (can't really tell if he's E or I).

You mentioned that primary Se users have their eyes scan their surroundings. Well, I've seen Magic do this, plus I've seen others type him and I agree with them - ESFP.

Kobe and Shaq - I went through them before.

Can you explain Jordan as ENFJ? I heard someone else mention Jordan as ENFJ too.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:shock:
The existence of proffessional INTP athletes both shocks and disturbs me.

it could be completely wrong, so factor that in.

i think tim duncan, steve nash, and robert horry are the most likely to be right. bird could easily be an istp as could dr j.