• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

nba players

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISFP - Rodman, KG
ISTP - Jordan, Kobe, Ray Allen
ENFP - Shaq, Barkley
ENFJ - Dwight Howard
ES?P - LeBron - leaning ESTP
ESFP - Paul Pierce

oops - I listed Barkley as ENFP, should be ENTP

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i agree with pierce being an esfp. shaq is a clear estp. lebron is an infp. howard an esfj, 2w3. ray allen is probably an istj. kobe is an istp 5w6 sx/sp. rodman is an estp 7w8 sx/so. curry does feel like an istp to me, very mike bibbyish. blake is an estp 7w6, maybe so/sx. westbrook is an estp 7w8. paul i see as an entj. durant a 4w3 isfp sx/so. rose an istp 5w6 sp/sx. wade is an isfp 4w3 so/sx. gnobili is a 5w6, probably an istp, sx/sp. duncan is an intp 5w6, but so/sp actually makes a ton of sense. i see lebron as an so/sp too. i see randolph, like barkley, as an estj 8 of some sort, sx/so. world peace i see as an esfp 7w8 sx/so. gasol i'm not sure, but so/sp for sure. so/sp get the soft wrap a lot, but they're often great teammates who do way more than others give them credit for. magic is probably an esfp, maybe 7w8. it's difficult to tell because he makes no sense on tv when he talks. i also kind of think rondo is actually a 5w6 intp sx/sp rather than istp. my best guess for mj is a 7w6 estp sx/so. stockton is an isfj 2w1 sp/sx. horry feels to me a 7w6, esfp or enfp. i think james harden is an enfp 7w6. afernee hardaway was probably actually an 8w7 entj, like chris paul. i'd also add iguodala as an isfj 2w1 sx/sp. joe dumars seems like an estj 8w9. pippen istp 5w6 so/sx. oden isfp 9w8. parker also an istp 5w6.

oh, and i'm kicking around the idea of the first and only infj nba player i've ever seen: larry bird. 9w1 sp/sx.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i agree with pierce being an esfp. shaq is a clear estp. lebron is an infp. howard an esfj, 2w3. ray allen is probably an istj. kobe is an istp 5w6 sx/sp. rodman is an estp 7w8 sx/so. curry does feel like an istp to me, very mike bibbyish. blake is an estp 7w6, maybe so/sx. westbrook is an estp 7w8. paul i see as an entj. durant a 4w3 isfp sx/so. rose an istp 5w6 sp/sx. wade is an isfp 4w3 so/sx. gnobili is a 5w6, probably an istp, sx/sp. duncan is an intp 5w6, but so/sp actually makes a ton of sense. i see lebron as an so/sp too. i see randolph, like barkley, as an estj 8 of some sort, sx/so. world peace i see as an esfp 7w8 sx/so. gasol i'm not sure, but so/sp for sure. so/sp get the soft wrap a lot, but they're often great teammates who do way more than others give them credit for. magic is probably an esfp, maybe 7w8. it's difficult to tell because he makes no sense on tv when he talks. i also kind of think rondo is actually a 5w6 intp sx/sp rather than istp. my best guess for mj is a 7w6 estp sx/so. stockton is an isfj 2w1 sp/sx. horry feels to me a 7w6, esfp or enfp. i think james harden is an enfp 7w6. afernee hardaway was probably actually an 8w7 entj, like chris paul. i'd also add iguodala as an isfj 2w1 sx/sp. joe dumars seems like an estj 8w9. pippen istp 5w6 so/sx. oden isfp 9w8. parker also an istp 5w6.

oh, and i'm kicking around the idea of the first and only infj nba player i've ever seen: larry bird. 9w1 sp/sx.

No way Shaq is a 'clear ESTP'. ENFP all the way. And Ray Allen as ISTJ? I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a single ISTJ in the NBA. Ray Allen is one of the most clear examples of an ISTP athlete I can think of. Lebron as INFP? That's a good one. And Larry Bird is ISTP. Definitely not INFJ. But if you're looking for one you might consider looking at Lamar Odom.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lamar odom is an isfp 9w8 so/sx. shaq is Se all the way. enfps, if they were to have silly media feuds, would at least be funny. see: wayne coyne. shaq is, however, a head type. that might be the weird spontaneous energy you notice. he's a 7w8 sx/so. enfps are less territorial. they co-exist.they communicate. see: james harden. one of the best enfp skills is making people feel heard. shaq's favorite word is "dominate." when he needed to, he became relentless.

as for ray, reggie miller may be an istp, but ray is so different. his facial expressions are different. his gaze. i see 6w5. why dedicated shooters wouldn't strike you as possible istjs is strange to me.

finally, i don't know what's strange about the notion that lebron is an infp. his basketball iq is defined by remembering his experience of almost every play, sometimes to his own detriment (something he talks about often), which he then replays over and over and over. his court vision is the best in the nba. we all know he takes things very personally. when he went on the decision, he raised 3 million dollars for charities that were divided across the cities whose teams he was considering. he wants to be about more than basketball. his whole recovery was about "finding who he was" again. i see a 4w5 as well. as a 5, i know what that mental energy does to one's focus. i think that's part of the reason why lebron is such an interesting success story in the first place. he's also a deeply accepting person who seems to grasp how to play the game while still being relatively uncontrived. a very difficult lesson to master for an e4. similarly, being treated so unfairly for so long, and then being able to deal with it and focus on doing your best no matter what, while always being a great teammate, communicating with everyone and bringing out their best, i don't know. he also is pretty measured when he speaks. he's one of the few nba players who, upon having battier join his team, would immediately pick up on the value of analytics and be able to put them in context in a meaningful way. look at wade, by contrast, who just doesn't see it. and while wade, when he has that flow, plays basketball that is as beautiful as it gets, lebron just sees it all. his defensive impact is russel-esque. it's not just about making plays. it's about grasping the essence of the game so deeply that you don't even need to, because you've moved it before it even happens.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Odom could be ISFP, but from what I've seen I wouldn't rule out INFJ.

Anyhow, I think you're way over-thinking and over-complicating things. To start with, sensor-judgers are at a disadvantage when it comes to basketball. If I were to guess I'd say that 90+% are sensor-perceivers. Extraverted sensing is much more useful in basketball than introverted sensing.

Ray Allen is a clear-as-day classic ISTP athlete. ISTPs apply accuracy to the physical world. They're the ultimate sharp-shooters. Tiger Woods, Brandon Lloyd, Michael Phelps, Larry Bird, Kobe, James Bond, Buck Brannaman etc. etc.

And I don't know what you're talking about with Shaq not being funny. He's hilarious and he screams Ne. Shaq is an ENFP all day long. And I think you're reading too much into the 'domination' thing. One of my best friends is an ENFP 7. He's build like a gorilla and he's all about domination. The NF only becomes apparent in certain situations with people he's comfortable with.

And LeBron is pretty clearly extraverted sensing primary. To start with, body type correlates to personality type. There probably isn't an INFP on the planet who looks like LeBron. He's the ultimate in terms of the physical evolution of the human race. Se.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lebron as an INFP 4w5 is just surreal.

haha i know. i'll try to tackle the challenge. :)

here's an example video interview.

i don't really see a head type energy, don't really see a 7. to me that eliminates Se or Ne dom. i see experience-first Pe types as being 7s, or in the case of Fe-wielding etp types, 3s as well. i think it makes a lot more sense to see him as a heart triad type, or more particularly a 4w5. his voice has kind of a 5 dry flatness. 3 has a little more prosody. at the same time there is some warmth. to me, he's clearly a feeler type.

i see a bit of bounciness in his overall motions in the interview, especially his head as he's talking; his proprioception seems less steady Se. i also don't see 7w8, which would be more grounding in that sense as well, with 8 having a stronger connection to the body, a more grounded presence. i don't see 7w6 either, because i don't see the spontaneity or flow or just raw openness of that type. his overall presence doesn't really strike me as, oh, that's an extrovert. when he's talking, he seems like he's pretty drawn into an interior space. introverts often have a different kind of gravity, a little more searching, it's just not as practiced, not as many reps, not quite as organized to respond on the outside.

the eye movements don't seem Se to me as much as Ne because they too have a kind of bouncy quality, not as fixed images, not as clearly defined between reconstruction and retrieval.

he has more of an so/sp feel, very considerate, not really very direct. doesn't dress in an sx way at all.

if you contrast him with isfp 4w3 so/sx d-wade, you see differences. dress is more muted, voice isn't as mellifluous, doesn't have the same flow, isn't as fully present all the way to the skin, as steady in space, and just much more heady overall. he also doesn't really speak about issues in the same way. there's a bit more shown warmth, but he doesn't seem like he's thought through what he thinks about what is right in the same way that lebron has. it's so much more instinctive and less deliberate, considered. in contrast to isfp 9w8 sp/sx bosh, there's much much more self-awareness, the underlying energy is more heart-centered.

lebron's moves, i think, are just pretty good. he's not as great of a social actor, but his overall plans for development show a pretty compelling vision. he seems to handle himself as well as almost any celebrity, and generally he seems to have some good ideas and try to have a positive impact. he seems more sincere than most celebrities or social leaders as well, not wildly impulsive, and pretty willing to take on responsibility, even when it's not exactly fair in terms of hos he's judged. i just think he responded with so much emotional intelligence after the heat's first defeat. i also think you saw the e4 at that point, like you sometimes see with wade, the blame and disdain, but i also think it's generally a bit muted by the so/sp ness. an sx heightens that so much.

i also see basketball things. when people talked about lebron vs dwade as the closer, i think dwade is just a bit more responsive in the moment. he's Se. he's a bit more reactive. he has a bit more immediate feel for movement. lebron is more heady. he has a mastery of understanding, which leads to different strengths. he knows his teammates games as well as anyone, better than anyone except for maybe steve nash and tim duncan (ntps). he's more crafty in developing new skills over the course of his career, for instance, when almost NO player in history has changed his game to such a degree. his understanding and ability to connect the dots allowed his super weird team to play relatively positionless basketball. contrast that with kobe, and you just see an ability to harmonize the team at all times, to get the math right so you don't fucking take low percentage hero ball shots all the damn time and needlessly waste effort and focus. and to get it right for the whole team, who, despite a lot of talent, has some pretty big obstacles as well (interior defense, rebounding, wade's issues when his poor outside shooting and knee troubles collide, etc).

Shudder

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've always seen Lebron as ESTP, but I don't all that much about the man himself

S

Stansmith

ESFP and 7w6 is obvious. An ESTP would've handled the Cleveland situation much better than he did instead of being like "lol, bye guys, make sure to catch my celebration on TV".

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

ESFP and 7w6 is obvious. An ESTP would've handled the Cleveland situation much better than he did instead of being like "lol, bye guys, make sure to catch my celebration on TV".

Yeah I think ESFP is likely.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ "King James" is a freaking moron and attention whoring imbecile with all natural ability and no natural mentality whatsoever.

Let's see, you think James is the greatest... let's count the rings.. ahem, 2 - what a shame.

Now let's look at the real bosses here: Tim Duncan (4 [should have been 5 except idiot coach takes him out of the game]), and Kobe Vino Black Mamba Bean Bryant (5).

James clearly has a lot of catching up to do, and I don't think he'll ever make it.

Also, James always has to bank on game 7s on his home court and reserves his energy for that game to save his sorry butt, whereas people like Duncan and Kobe, the real players actually know how to win on the road.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i actually think mj is an esfp 7w8 sx/so. same type as brett favre. same gunslinger soul. same ego and way of talking about themselves.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I also forgot to mention that James can't win without Wade; James may score higher numbers, but Wade really takes the pressure off of him and does the early work to help James get going.

The evidence for this is quite simple - James on the Cleveland Cavaliers had teams that were just as good if not better in the regular season than his Heat team now, but whenever they got into the playoffs, and a bunch of pressure was forced on "King James", he always fell short.

JLM

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
MJ: ISTP

Kobe: ISTJ

Ray Allen: ISTP

Iverson: ISFP

Barkley: ESFP

Melo: ISFP

Shaq: ESTP

Wade: ISFP

DRose: INTP

Duncan: INTP

Dwight Howard: ESFJ

Lebron: ISFJ

Garnett: ENFP

Tony Parker: ISFP

Lamar Odom: ISFP

Rajon Rondo: ISTJ

Kevin Durant: ISTP

Russell Westbrook: ESFJ

Magic Johnson: ESFP

Hakeem Olajuwon: INTP

Kareem: INTP

Steve Nash: ISFJ

Chris Bosh: INTP

Chris Paul: ENFP

Paul Pierce: ISFP

Blake Griffith: INTP

Kris Humphries: ESTP

Deron Williams: ISFP

Roy Hibbert: ISTP

James Harden : ISFP

Jr. Smith: ISFP

Jeremy Lin: ISFJ

Dirk: ISTP

JLM

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
It seems like, at least for superstar NBA players, the most common type on the whole may be ISTP, along with the types closest to it (ESTP, INTP, ISFP, ISTJ).

Lakers:
Kobe Bryant - INTJ>ISTJ>ISTP 3w4 sp/sx
Shaquille Oneal - ESFP>ESTP>ISTP
Magic Johnson - ESFP 7w8 so/sx
Pau Gasol - INTP>INFP 9w8 sx/so
Kareem AbdulJabar - INFJ
Steve Nash - ENTP
Meta WorldPeace - ISTP

Spurs:
Tim Duncan - INTP 5w6 so/sp
Manu Ginobli - ENTP>INTJ>ISTP sp/sx
Tony Parker - ISTP sp/so

Heat:
Lebron James - ESFP 7w6
Dwayne Wade - INFJ>ISFP>INFP
Chris Bosh - ISTP>ESTP
Ray Allen - ISTJ 6w5 sp/so

Celtics:
Kevin Garnett - ENFP>ESFP
Rajon Rondo - ISTP sp/sx
Paul Pierce - ESTP>ISFP
Larry Bird - ISTJ>INTP

Bulls:
Michael Jordan - ISTP>ISTJ 3w4 sp/sx
Derrick Rose - ISFP

Thunder:
Kevin Durant - ISFJ>ISFP
Russell Westbrook - ESTP

Grizzlies:
Marc Gasol - INTJ>ENTJ
Zach Randolf - ESTP

Clippers:
Blake Griffin - ESFP>ESTP
Chris Paul - ISFP>ESFP

Mavericks:
Dirk Nowitzski - INTP>ISTJ

Rockets:
James Harden - INTP 5w6 sp/so
Dwight Howard - ESTP 7w6 so/sx

Warriors:
Stephan Curry - ISTP>ISFP

Knicks:
Carmelo Anthony - ESTP
Jason Kidd - ISTJ>ISTP

This list is highly tentative. If anyone disagrees with any of these calls, I'm very open to alternatives.​

How do you view Melo as an extrovert the guy barely opens his mouth, he's as ISFP as they come

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How do you view Melo as an extrovert the guy barely opens his mouth, he's as ISFP as they come

I don't know much about that guy, never really followed him. He just seemed kind of like a gangster type to me on the 2012 Olympic team. You're probably right actually.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
2010 NBA Finals - great series; best ending ever.
2013 NBA Finals - great series; worst ending ever.

“All stories are true. But some of them never happened.” ― James A. Owen

JustAMind

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
?
what do you think about Manu Ginobili? Some video material