User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 81

Thread: nba players

  1. #41
    Senior Member SuperFob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    264

    Default

    People often associate "tough, badass athlete" with ST. But, if you look at Michael Jordan, he was an ENFJ (in my opinion):

    "Even when I'm old and grey, I won't be able to play it, but I'll still love the game."

    "I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying."

    "I never thought a role model should be negative."

    "I realize that I'm black, but I like to be viewed as a person, and this is everybody's wish."

    "My heroes are and were my parents. I can't see having anyone else as my heroes."

    "The game is my wife. It demands loyalty and responsibility, and it gives me back fulfillment and peace."

    Michael Jordan's approach to the game of basketball was clearly emotional and value-oriented. Not to mention that he described himself as a people-person quite often.

  2. #42
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    ^^Good points. Sounds very F. He has an extremely great work ethic, just like Kobe. Difference between Jordan and Kobe is that MJ has a lot of fun with his work, Kobe is more serious (not saying he doesn't have fun at all). This is where I think Jordan is a P, he always loved to mix the element of fun into his 'work'. He does seem like a people-person too though, and he had many inspiring quotations stressing values. Don't know, it's a tough one to analyze, seeing as I haven't seen him play in many years.

  3. #43
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Kobe leads with Te. Listen to him at the podium after a big game. It's all Te with some humor mixed in. ESTJ. People say he's introverted but I don't think he is. Maybe he's balanced E/I.

  4. #44
    Senior Member SuperFob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    ^^Good points. Sounds very F. He has an extremely great work ethic, just like Kobe. Difference between Jordan and Kobe is that MJ has a lot of fun with his work, Kobe is more serious (not saying he doesn't have fun at all). This is where I think Jordan is a P, he always loved to mix the element of fun into his 'work'. He does seem like a people-person too though, and he had many inspiring quotations stressing values. Don't know, it's a tough one to analyze, seeing as I haven't seen him play in many years.
    I can tell by Jordan's eyes, too. NFJ's have a very dreamy, head in the clouds look in their eyes that Jordan would always get while preparing for games or in interviews. SP's are almost always aware of their surroundings, yet Jordan seemed to live in his head more.

  5. #45
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Very possible. I thought he was definitely ISxP, actually was leaning toward ISTP, but he's either that or ISFP.
    [youtube="PPk5l4Lefeo"]Iverson talking about his scholarship program[/youtube]

    Struggling to find the words to match his emotional depth - ISFP classic trademark.

  6. #46
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    What do people think of Kevin Garnett? ExFP?

    Further thoughts:
    Rasheed Wallace - ENFJ
    Ben Gordon - IsTJ


    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Kobe leads with Te. Listen to him at the podium after a big game. It's all Te with some humor mixed in. ESTJ. People say he's introverted but I don't think he is. Maybe he's balanced E/I.
    Don't know about that - he was unwilling to hang out with his teammates in his early Laker days, practices by himself, was not friendly with his teammates unlike Jordan (who was friendly with teammates). From a young age, he is always by himself, and chooses not to be with others. Kobe has a very classic IxTJ trait of being a very capable leader but yet being a well-documented loner. He's the one NBA player that I've studied extremely closely.

    Also, like I said earlier, the Fi is very evident in Kobe. Some of the things he says, one can pinpoint to a high level of Fi. ISTJs tend to display higher Fi than ESTJs. Also, Si, when dominant, can be hard to detect in a person. The times when Kobe seems extroverted are for a greater purpose - he's a smart guy because has a goal in mind and he realizes the only way to reach that goal is to go out of his element a bit and be vocal about things.

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    [youtube="PPk5l4Lefeo"]Iverson talking about his scholarship program[/youtube]

    Struggling to find the words to match his emotional depth - ISFP classic trademark.
    Good one, that's the only time I've seen A.I. cry. He's a very passionate guy on the court too though. Not ruling out ISFP though, it's still a possibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    I can tell by Jordan's eyes, too. NFJ's have a very dreamy, head in the clouds look in their eyes that Jordan would always get while preparing for games or in interviews. SP's are almost always aware of their surroundings, yet Jordan seemed to live in his head more.
    Speaking of which, Lebron and Magic show that typical trait of scanning and being aware of their environment - and I've said that both are ESFP.

  7. #47
    Senior Member SuperFob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Speaking of which, Lebron and Magic show that typical trait of scanning and being aware of their environment - and I've said that both are ESFP.
    Agreed.

  8. #48
    jump sleuthiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    I think that, when in doubt about someone being an istp or not, take a glance at their gambling history. Just saying.

    Barkley I'm thinking, though, is estj.

    LeBron is estp. Magic is esfp. Rasheed esfj. Garnett enfp.

    thinking of you

  9. #49
    jump sleuthiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    I'm also curious -- what do we think Tiger Woods is? I'm leaning istp. I see a lot of Tim Duncan in him, so solve the cat for two puzzle pieces.

    Then if Duncan's istp, the Spurs would make more sense since Pop is estj, Manu enfp, Parker istp. A delta-driven team with a few infp leftovers.

    thinking of you

  10. #50
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    I think that, when in doubt about someone being an istp or not, take a glance at their gambling history. Just saying.

    Barkley I'm thinking, though, is estj.

    LeBron is estp. Magic is esfp. Rasheed esfj. Garnett enfp.
    Barkley is ESTP. He also had a gambling problem, but when one watches him on the NBA on TNT games, one can tell he's ESTP.

    Magic is ESFP, I agree. I could also see Rasheed as ESFJ and Garnett ENFP like you said.

    But LeBron as ESTP? Not sure I'm convinced. I've typed him as ESFP because he seems very in touch with his emotions as well as important values (family, the game, etc.) when you hear his speeches (ex: the MVP speech). But then again I could see his potential Fe. Still think he's ESFP though.

    Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    Then if Duncan's istp, the Spurs would make more sense since Pop is estj, Manu enfp, Parker istp. A delta-driven team with a few infp leftovers.
    I think personally that Duncan is INTP. As for Manu, he is likely far more ENTP than ENFP. Not too sure about Parker, but he seems more ISFP.

Similar Threads

  1. NBA Players
    By NewEra in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 07:27 PM
  2. [ENFJ] An ENFJ social power player
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 04:11 AM
  3. [NT] Which type are the best cards players...
    By Maha Raj in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-10-2008, 12:28 PM
  4. mp3 Player Recommendations
    By Varelse in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 08:09 PM
  5. Article about WoW players
    By Zergling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 07:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO