User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: nba players

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    I guess we'll agree to disagree on Kobe. Can't see an istj pulling 80 points off. Kobe wants MORE MORE MORE, full of ego, excess pride, but doesn't accept limits, convention (at least in his own little mind, but it's the thought that counts).
    Ego doesn't have a type limitation. ANY type can be egotistical. And not all ISTJs accept convention, plus the very high Fi. I've explained far more on Kobe so I don't have to go in depth on this. Like you said, we'll agree to disagree.

Gilbert is a perfect example of an insanely intuitive enfp. Can you say rags to riches to rags to riches to rags again and again, while still maintaining complete confidence with your team at the bottom of the garbage heap? I would've sailed away with jeffster by this point.
    I agree that Gilbert is definitely NFP, but I think he's INFP. He is a self-proclaimed 'hermit' who likes to be alone.

Shaq is all over the internet/television/radio waves, going back on past remarks, creating drama, etc. Dude craves the attention.

And as accomplished of an individual player Bosh is, in interviews he remarks pensively, the internal tension of whether to push for himself and leave a crappy team or stick around (slave to the snowball that is fear of change/leaving an already crappy team to the dogs) apparent. Frankly, if he were an isfp, he'd have left already.
    I'm not so sure that's true. What would make an ISFP more likely to leave? And he doesn't appear unhappy at all in Toronto. I mean, they're not winning, but he's still young. Admittedly, this is a tough one too. Bosh is definitely an introvert though.

I'd like to hear why you think Howard is esfp. The guy is a beam of sunshine on the court, but in interviews is soft, words dribblings from his lips like a leaky faucet, nervous eyes, wishful thinking, etc. makes me think infp. Almost cried watching one of his interviews.
    Haha wow, Dwight creates the opposite in me. He's a very upbeat type of guy, seemingly talking to everyone. He's a practical joker, playing these practical jokes on people, a kid at heart. To me he fits the ESFP type description, although I could potentially see ENFP too. But he seems too energetic, social, jovial, and gregarious to be an INFP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Ego doesn't have a type limitation. ANY type can be egotistical. And not all ISTJs accept convention, plus the very high Fi. I've explained far more on Kobe so I don't have to go in depth on this. Like you said, we'll agree to disagree.

I agree that Gilbert is definitely NFP, but I think he's INFP. He is a self-proclaimed 'hermit' who likes to be alone.

Haha wow, Dwight creates the opposite in me. He's a very upbeat type of guy, seemingly talking to everyone. He's a practical joker, playing these practical jokes on people, a kid at heart. To me he fits the ESFP type description, although I could potentially see ENFP too. But he seems too energetic, social, jovial, and gregarious to be an INFP.
    I don't think Kobe has high Fi. If anything, his Ni (if we're still thinking mbti) is off the charts. Interviewed immediately after winning the 2009 title, he remarked how he'd "envisioned" (or using a synonym along those lines) winning the title years back.

enfp seems the strongest possibility for Howard, yeah. You got me!

I love v.i.!

thinking of you

MBTI
    I

I don't think Kobe has high Fi. If anything, his Ni (if we're still thinking mbti) is off the charts. Interviewed immediately after winning the 2009 title, he remarked how he'd "envisioned" (or using a synonym along those lines) winning the title years back.
    The pent-up sadness during his booing in 2002 in Philadelphia, he always used to be proud of his clean image,

Plus the TJ drive and perseverence that he has with his goals to be one of the best ever.

SJ shows in devotion to duty vs. partying with the teammates.

But like you said, we'll agree to disagree, since I went through this in detail earlier.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    The pent-up sadness during his booing in 2002 in Philadelphia, he always used to be proud of his clean image,

Plus the TJ drive and perseverence that he has with his goals to be one of the best ever.

SJ shows in devotion to duty vs. partying with the teammates.

But like you said, we'll agree to disagree, since I went through this in detail earlier.
    How do you reckon that he was sad? TV? Quotes? Remember that all sports are, first and foremost, entertainment.

I remember Kobe driving up to my highschool to pick up Vanessa Lane when I was a freshman. Meeting your duality partner that you'd spend the next 10 years of your life with can drastically improve the lives of both involved, allowing you to function as part of a greater whole without any noticeable effort on either's part (apart from being in each other's vicinity). Maybe only when removed do both parties realize the need to make adjustments to simply be together.

The above should be considered a possibility.

Or maybe Kobe has always been responsible. God knows he didn't learn from his father.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I was thinking of Ben Gordon all playoffs long. Darn guy likes that money a heck of a lot, so I guess istj would be a better fit. But he seems to sit on one side or the other of that super-ego distinction.

thinking of you

MBTI
    I

How do you reckon that he was sad? TV? Quotes? Remember that all sports are, first and foremost, entertainment.

I remember Kobe driving up to my highschool to pick up Vanessa Lane when I was a freshman. Meeting your duality partner that you'd spend the next 10 years of your life with can drastically improve the lives of both involved, allowing you to function as part of a greater whole without any noticeable effort on either's part (apart from being in each other's vicinity). Maybe only when removed do both parties realize the need to make adjustments to simply be together.

The above should be considered a possibility.

Or maybe Kobe has always been responsible. God knows he didn't learn from his father.
    I knew he was sad because he said "my feelings are hurt" at the 2002 All-Star Game in Philadelphia. He was upset and hurt that the crowd disrepsected him because he has tremendous loyalty to both Philly and Italy.

I was thinking of Ben Gordon all playoffs long. Darn guy likes that money a heck of a lot, so I guess istj would be a better fit. But he seems to sit on one side or the other of that super-ego distinction.
    Gordon is one of the quietest players in the NBA, at least on the court. He has that admirable quiet confidence. I could definitely see ISTJ fitting him too. And I agree on Mark Jackson as ISTJ too, I can tell from watching him on ABC lol.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

id love to hear about more infj ball players, explained a bit more perhaps for a used-to-be-watcher
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Allen Iverson is a clear ISFP, in my estimation. Watch him speak in a non-basketball context.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by whimsical View Post
    id love to hear about more infj ball players, explained a bit more perhaps for a used-to-be-watcher
    Michael Jordan was an NFJ of some sort (though, people have such a limited view of NFJ's that they'll disagree with that).

MBTI
    I

Have to add two more here:

Dennis Rodman - ENFP
    Ron Artest - ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Allen Iverson is a clear ISFP, in my estimation. Watch him speak in a non-basketball context.
    Very possible. I thought he was definitely ISxP, actually was leaning toward ISTP, but he's either that or ISFP.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    Michael Jordan was an NFJ of some sort (though, people have such a limited view of NFJ's that they'll disagree with that).
    Jordan was an NFJ? I heard many reports stating he was ISTP.