User Tag List

123 Last

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Default eddie vedder and bono

i'm saying enfj, tho eddie esp. strikes me as introverted. i feel dom Fe more than dom Ni, but it could be either. i see more Se than Ti, altho Ti is there vaguely. he feels more explosive than most infjs, more enfj explosive, but he could certainly be infj. what do you think? and what about bono?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't know much about Eddie Vedder...

For Bono I would venture to guess ENFJ also. There's something caddish about him like many ENFJ men, like they think they are so charming . He has some sort of martyr complex going on too, which could be INFJ with a big head, but he seems like an extrovert to me. He's definitely an NF, and I see Fe.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Vedder's an ISFP, he's a very quiet person when not performing.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i've considered isfp too but i just don't see Fi in the ways in which i normally spot it. many of his songs are very concrete. even flow, daughter, jeremy, etc. pearl jam as a band seems very S to me. like dave matthews.

but for some reason i just get the Fe sense from vedder more than Fi. i don't know why tho. songs like in hiding, i don't know, his whole maturation process seems very nfj to me. nusrat fateh ali khan, etc. seems a little nfj to me.

enfj would be
    Fe Ni Se Ti vs Fi Se Ni Te
    for an isfp.

as a male alanis morissette? or is he more dave matthews? his favorite musicians all seem really isfp to me, and pearl jam as a whole, the tom pettys, the neil youngs, the jimi hendrixes.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I'm on the fence about Eddie. I would have assumed he was an SFP as well.

Bono - an INFJ. He has the crusader mentality and a persona. He's not Fe primary. His personas are - observe: the Devil, the Lounge Fly, etc. Though some may argue he's extroverting his inferior function and ESTP shadow.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

ok so far i have three isfp votes to no nfj votes for eddie vedder. now i just need to find out why i'm wrong.:doh

i've also had trouble typing two friends who i thought were isfps and then one day realized they're enfjs. tho they're much more naturally flowing and articulate/verbose like billy corgan than herky jerky pausing like eddie vedder.

i have trouble seeing Ti in bono. do his lyrics really show Ni dominant more so than Fe dominant?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I think his mother abandonment issues may overshadow a great many things he does. He's constantly allowed to act on his feelings or senses because no one makes him round himself out. He's a perpetual child. And I say this out of love and concern.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i've considered isfp too but i just don't see Fi in the ways in which i normally spot it. many of his songs are very concrete. even flow, daughter, jeremy, etc. pearl jam as a band seems very S to me. like dave matthews.

but for some reason i just get the Fe sense from vedder more than Fi. i don't know why tho. songs like in hiding, i don't know, his whole maturation process seems very nfj to me. nusrat fateh ali khan, etc. seems a little nfj to me.

enfj would be
    Fe Ni Se Ti vs Fi Se Ni Te
    for an isfp.

as a male alanis morissette? or is he more dave matthews? his favorite musicians all seem really isfp to me, and pearl jam as a whole, the tom pettys, the neil youngs, the jimi hendrixes.
    What about ISFJ then? Si Fe Ti Ne
    I know it's not the typical musician type, but we can't pigeon-hole everyone.

I can think of Veddar as Fi though, with his refusal to do music videos. Seems like he's stuck on some weird value there....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    What about ISFJ then? Si Fe Ti Ne
    I know it's not the typical musician type, but we can't pigeon-hole everyone.

I can think of Veddar as Fi though, with his refusal to do music videos. Seems like he's stuck on some weird value there....
    what are your thoughts on making distinctions between infp and isfp? and how isfp and infj get mixed up all the time?

stuart murdoch, tom waits, nick cave (seems infp?), prince, bjork, kate bush, sam beam, cat power, van morrison (infp?), elliot smith, bob dylan, jeff tweedy, syd barrett, michael stipe, feist, morrissey, leonard cohen.

now i'm even second guessing jeff mangum and david berman. am i just crazy?

i recently realized that two of my friends who i couldn't decide on isfp-infp are probably enfjs. they might as well be billy corgan! and he IS an enfj, right? with calvin johnson, jonathan richman, kevin barnes, courtney love, possibly bono, kim deal, alanis morrissette, cat stevens, possibly robert plant?

isfp-enfj has dom F, Se, Ni.
    isfp-infj has F, Se, and Ni

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Hmm, I have little confusion between ISFP and INFJ. ISFP and INFP can give me confusion if it's typing famous people. So can INFP & INFJ. That one letter can be hard to detect in someone you don't know personally.

For ISFP & INFP, I look to see if they are an idealist (NF), more connected to the physical world (SP) than an imaginary one (NF), if their style is cool artsy (ISFP) or weird/dorky artsy (INFP), etc. Most of the time I can just go with my instinct on it, being an INFP myself .

Again, not a Pearl Jam fan, but I'd go with ISFP for Vedder also. It usually comes down to Fi or Fe, and I see more Fi. I don't see him as an intuitive....