User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    @Starry i can see what you mean, because the reason (that i was telling you) i never liked pearl jam is that eddie vedder's singing always seemed kinda fake to me....kinda too much emotion/whining but not the authenticity/rawness of kurt. i'm not sure how to explain it, but it's a strong personal feeling that i've had for 20+ years.
    however, i like the person and if you asked me to type him, my intuition would go to ExFP. so i'm like
    I relate to what I perceive as the state i am in's experience in this thread... maybe this sense of 'are you sure?'

I see things in Vedder that could possibly warrant a 'deceptively Fi-ish' label maybe... but like you allude to there's polish and control there. It's pushing boundaries within 'the safe zone'...which can get under the skin of those of us that live out our days under the influence of heavy doses of Fi...because it will be experienced as entirely fake (it ain't boundary-pushin dude until it's actually pushin-boundaries.)

I should say that it's not like I'm a massive Vedder fan for many of the same reasons you put forth. I'm just fascinated by this thing...this typing thing. To make matters even more confusing for me is the fact that my personal experience of the NFJ is already so far removed from anything I've seen on this site to begin with. In my world NFJs say...'You want boundary-pushing? Oh I'll see your boundary-pushing...and raise it to Evil-Overlord-Dictatorship.' <-Still, there are some common threads.

I have a Pearl Jam video on my wall right now and I'm struck by something that occurs in the very beginning of it. I know from all the history here that the video was filmed in the Paramount theatre...which is small and difficult to light...I guess for its MTV purpose haha... And you see Eddie asking to have the lights turned down... you can tell he is sincerely concerned for how bright it is on the people that paid money to come see the show. <-I know I would not think of that...and I don't think Cobain would either. If I was Eddie Vedder in those moments that would not occur to me to do. And that's the common Fe thread I see. Is it why I think Vedder is FJ? No. But it jumps out at me as something I can point to...behaviors that I see in my Evil-Overlords...that crossover into what we see in the classic expression of FJ.

WALMART

I was thinking about the song Jeremy the other day, in the grunge thread

and Vedder's type. These two songs are good examples of his willingness to display external emotion, as well as his propensity to convey a clear, acute message. For this, I would say SFJ over NFJ.

I really don't think Fi. Principles =/= Fi.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I relate to what I perceive as the state i am in's experience in this thread... maybe this sense of 'are you sure?'

I see things in Vedder that could possibly warrant a 'deceptively Fi-ish' label maybe... but like you allude to there's polish and control there. It's pushing boundaries within 'the safe zone'...which can get under the skin of those of us that live out our days under the influence of heavy doses of Fi...because it will be experienced as entirely fake (it ain't boundary-pushin dude until it's actually pushin-boundaries.)

I should say that it's not like I'm a massive Vedder fan for many of the same reasons you put forth. I'm just fascinated by this thing...this typing thing. To make matters even more confusing for me is the fact that my personal experience of the NFJ is already so far removed from anything I've seen on this site to begin with. In my world NFJs say...'You want boundary-pushing? Oh I'll see your boundary-pushing...and raise it to Evil-Overlord-Dictatorship.' <-Still, there are some common threads.

I have a Pearl Jam video on my wall right now and I'm struck by something that occurs in the very beginning of it. I know from all the history here that the video was filmed in the Paramount theatre...which is small and difficult to light...I guess for its MTV purpose haha... And you see Eddie asking to have the lights turned down... you can tell he is sincerely concerned for how bright it is on the people that paid money to come see the show. <-I know I would not think of that...and I don't think Cobain would either. If I was Eddie Vedder in those moments that would not occur to me to do. And that's the common Fe thread I see. Is it why I think Vedder is FJ? No. But it jumps out at me as something I can point to...behaviors that I see in my Evil-Overlords...that crossover into what we see in the classic expression of FJ.
    can you please send the video? or even other videos that you think could help us understand his type

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh pink here's the video on starrys wall

There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

off topic but this is an old friends band...they always reminded me of pearl jam and my guess would be that zack (singer) would be esfj/p if that's at all helpful vibe wise.

-Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think enfj fits eddy and i think zack is esfj...similar but different. i don't know why i have to work that way....si i suppose? i have to orient myself from some place i guess.

also...i think i'm going with my original thought of esfj for ben harper too...whew...now i can sleep tonight.
    -Jim Morrison

@Lady X - thank you so much for attaching the videos I don't know why but when I try to attach a video...my keyboard will keep popping up (?) Anyway, it's awful...and I appreciate this so much.

can you please send the video? or even other videos that you think could help us understand his type
    pink - what would be extremely helpful to me would be for you to view all the Vedder videos in this thread...and write a 3 page essay on each one (arguments for or against ExFJ.) And attach a Haiku poem as well...just sharing whatever thoughts or emotions came-up for you while watching the particular video. Drawings and/or paintings on this topic are also encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    I was thinking about the song Jeremy the other day, in the grunge thread

and Vedder's type. These two songs are good examples of his willingness to display external emotion, as well as his propensity to convey a clear, acute message. For this, I would say SFJ over NFJ.

I really don't think Fi. Principles =/= Fi.
    I feel so happy in this moment... I get the sense that knowing the meaning of the word 'Principles' would make it far easier for me to understand your reasoning ... But considering I have a lot of respect...or faith in your understanding of personality theory...I'm so glad you came back with this answer instead of ISFP. My confusion has lifted is what I'm trying to say. Thank you for doing this for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i think enfj fits eddy and i think zack is esfj...similar but different. i don't know why i have to work that way....si i suppose? i have to orient myself from some place i guess.

also...i think i'm going with my original thought of esfj for ben harper too...whew...now i can sleep tonight.
    I definitely do the orientation thing...or I'll get no where /Ne
    I haven't watched Zack yet...but I will.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

not to be an annoying flip-flopper, but i see ifp 9. definitely e9. see the e3 connection as well, but it's more muted, the way he establishes rapport is not as active and in control, more laid back, more flow, more passive. but also clear body type resistance backing that up. very grounded in bodily experience overall. his singing style is very physical, digging really deep into gut kind of energy, but doesn't seem to be as aimed at something, an image, an emotionally constructed, interaction-conscious message, as an e3 primary. also don't see Fe in that respect, not the symbolic meaning of feeling, but the raw data of experience. i can't tell for sure if it's w1 or w8, but i lean pretty strongly towards isfp 9w8 sx/sp. either way, you can at times see the switch go off, and the passivity disappears.

brainheart

@starry i can see what you mean, because the reason (that i was telling you) i never liked pearl jam is that eddie vedder's singing always seemed kinda fake to me....kinda too much emotion/whining but not the authenticity/rawness of kurt. i'm not sure how to explain it, but it's a strong personal feeling that i've had for 20+ years.
    Yeah, same here. It's the same feeling I get with Bono. It's that dominant extroverted feeling feeling.

@Lady X, I don't know Ben Harper enough to say. Sorry. I can say, though, I think a lot of people are typed as Fi-doms that aren't. @superunknown explains this well. Honestly, I think Fe doms and auxs are way more out there voicing their principles than Fi-doms and auxs, because Fe-types want others to share their principles. Fi operates more from the point of view that everyone's perception and circumstances are different. They have strong principles, and may dislike the way other's do things, but they aren't looking to change everyone's mind. They just want to live congruently with their own personal beliefs. Because it's an introverted function you don't see it as much as the extroverted judging functions. I think for this reason Fi can seem cold, reserved, and too inactive in changing things to Fe users while Fe can seem overly warm, saccharine, and preachy to Fi users. (Or, on the positive side of things, the two types together can create a nice balance.)

I love looking at these two people for examples in the differences between Fi and Fe because they are both fours and they are both sexual doms, and these videos show the differences incredibly well.

An interview with an INFP:

(He plays the song here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMJnxOGMSOk)

An interview with an INFJ: