User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Dracula

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Peltast View Post
    Correct.. i would recommend to read his Biography. He is a highly fascinating case of a mentally disturbed invidual, empowered by titles.
    I loved the story where he was having a meal with (I think) an ambassador from a neighboring country out in his field of impaled bodies. The guy complained about the stench so he had him impaled slightly higher than the others so he was above it.

The one about the merchant and the coins was good too... and the one where his mistress threatened to blow the whistle on their affair.

And people complained about Bush... o_O
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Wilson View Post
    I loved the story where he was having a meal with (I think) an ambassador Boyar(Romanian Nobility) from a neighboring country county out in his field of impaled bodies. The guy complained about the stench so he had him impaled slightly higher than the others so he was above it.
    The one about the merchant and the coins was good too... and

the one where his mistress threatened to blow the whistle on their affair.
    If i remember correctly.. that must be the russian diplomatic interperation of the story. In the romanian folk lore version however.. his mistress was trying to comfort him because he expressed depression briefly, by claiming to have a child.

And people complained about Bush... o_O
    Lol... actually Vlad the impaler despite all his flaws.. did quite an effective job at running his province of Wallachia. Looking at events from the book.. i would describe him as a shrewed and opportunist leader. Considering that he had multiple opponents, both internally(Boyars, German Settlers), and External(Hungarians, Turks), one which easily had the capability of overrunning his province. He was able to survive for a long time with all of these constantly at his back. Not to speak of his military wile and prowness, managing to hold the frontiers and many times repel the vast armies of the turks. He also organized several succesfull raids onto the turks.

Trust me.. when i say.. george bush in reversed positions wouldin't last that long, not more then a year or two, before being annexed by another faction, or betrayed by more ambitious and brainy relative. A leader of Georges Bush's caliber is only allowed to exist in the modern world... simply because of simplified persuasion and appeal to airheaded ideals. In a dynamic enviroment, such as the one found in medieval times, only the sharpest rulers live to see the dawn of their kindgom, that is to say because of the system being more in-line with natural selection.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Peltast View Post
    The one about the merchant and the coins was good too... and

If i remember correctly.. that must be the russian diplomatic interperation of the story. In the romanian folk lore version however.. his mistress was trying to comfort him because he expressed depression briefly, by claiming to have a child.

Lol... actually Vlad the impaler despite all his flaws.. did quite an effective job at running his province of Wallachia. Looking at events from the book.. i would describe him as a shrewed and opportunist leader. Considering that he had multiple opponents, both internally(Boyars, German Settlers), and External(Hungarians, Turks), one which easily had the capability of overrunning his province. He was able to survive for a long time with all of these constantly at his back. Not to speak of his military wile and prowness, managing to hold the frontiers and many times repel the vast armies of the turks. He also organized several succesfull raids onto the turks.

Trust me.. when i say.. george bush in reversed positions wouldin't last that long, not more then a year or two, before being annexed by another faction, or betrayed by more ambitious and brainy relative. A leader of Georges Bush's caliber is only allowed to exist in the modern world... simply because of simplified persuasion and appeal to airheaded ideals. In a dynamic enviroment, such as the one found in medieval times, only the sharpest rulers live to see the dawn of their kindgom, that is to say because of the system being more in-line with natural selection.
    You're absolutely right on the mistress (as you can tell I'm a little rusty, I've been spending more time reading about modern day sociopaths lol). I just remember she said something and ended up getting cut open, heh.

You've got me really wanting to brush up on him again though. He was definitely one of the more fascinating rulers in history. Definitely ranks up there behind Ghengis Khan for me. Now if only either of them could get a respectable bio-pic!
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    Likely, but I kept seeing ISFJ! Maybe I'm wrong?

Agreed. Crazy peoples are awesome, 'specially zoophagous ones.
    I totally agree that Mina is an SJ.

Dracula is definitely an ENTJ.

I think that in the book Van Helsing is much more an INFJ than an INTJ. Just because he was pretty rational doesn't make him a Thinker.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Dracula: INTJ 8w7(sw9w8)>4w3>5w6 Sx/Sp
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Okay, assuming we're speaking of the book by Bram, why exactly is Dracula an INTJ or an INFJ?
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    Okay, assuming we're speaking of the book by Bram, why exactly is Dracula an INTJ or an INFJ?
    I'm referring to his general presence in pop culture rather than from a specific source. and he seems very Fi Tertiary compared to the more expressive Fe auxilary INFJ.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Then going by that, I'd have to agree with you. I can't see him as any other type as easily as that one.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery