Thread: Freddie Mercury

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I picked INTJ because he reminds me of you, Edgar.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I picked INTJ because he reminds me of you, Edgar.
    In the next issue...

Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Default Freddie Mercury's type

What's Freddie Mercury's type?

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

1w9 Sx

ISTJ?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

sx/sp e43 enfj?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMHPebRu4Qk - 4:30
    "I don't want anyone to know about my real, inner feelings."
    "I like talking on a one-to-one basis; it's very intimate."

thinking of you

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    1w9 Sx
    ISTJ?
    An introvert?
    And a T?

Srsly?

I gotta say, just looking at his music and his shows, the most obvious things about him are the E and the F. (And probably the P.)

From
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddie_Mercury

Mercury was noted for his live performances, which were often delivered to stadium audiences around the world. He displayed a highly theatrical style that often evoked a great deal of participation from the crowd. A writer for The Spectator described him as "a performer out to tease, shock and ultimately charm his audience with various extravagant versions of himself".[31] David Bowie, who performed at the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert and recorded the song "Under Pressure" with Queen, praised Mercury's performance style, saying: "Of all the more theatrical rock performers, Freddie took it further than the rest... he took it over the edge. And of course, I always admired a man who wears tights. I only saw him in concert once and as they say, he was definitely a man who could hold an audience in the palm of his hand."[32]

One of Mercury's most notable performances with Queen took place at Live Aid in 1985, during which the entire stadium audience of 72,000 people clapped, sang and swayed in unison. Queen's performance at the event has since been voted by a group of music executives as the greatest live performance in the history of rock music. The results were aired on a television program called "The World's Greatest Gigs".[33][34] In reviewing Live Aid in 2005, one critic wrote, "Those who compile lists of Great Rock Frontmen and award the top spots to Mick Jagger, Robert Plant, etc all are guilty of a terrible oversight. Freddie, as evidenced by his Dionysian Live Aid performance, was easily the most godlike of them all."[35]

Over the course of his career, Mercury performed an estimated 700 concerts in countries around the world with Queen. A notable aspect of Queen concerts was the large scale involved.[27] He once explained, "We're the Cecil B. DeMille of rock and roll, always wanting to do things bigger and better."[27]
    The guy did EVERYTHING.
    He had boundless energy and seemed to feed off other people's energy.

I'm still not sure on the S/N. ESFP should not be assumed to not be creative (Michael W. Smith of CCM fame was a more sedate version of Freddie's talent, but is likely to be ESFP, and they both were musically prolific, threw high-energy stage shows that brought crowds together, and neither seemed to ever seemed to be flagging in their output and energy levels.)

EDIT: BUT...

... and here's where typing gets fun...

the same wikipedia includes this fun snippet:

Although he cultivated a flamboyant stage personality, Mercury was a very shy and retiring man in person, particularly around people he did not know well.[17][25][54] He also granted very few interviews. Mercury once said of himself: "When I'm performing I'm an extrovert, yet inside I'm a completely different man."[55]
    What exactly was meant by "shy and retiring"? Was it the predominate personality? How do extroverts feel about themselves, typically? Do they see themselves as extroverts, or do they see that as separate from their interior world once they discover it?

I guess we'd have to read the footnoted sources to specify what exactly people said about his private persona.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What exactly was meant by "shy and retiring"? Was it the predominate personality? How do extroverts feel about themselves, typically? Do they see themselves as extroverts, or do they see that as separate from their interior world once they discover it?

I guess we'd have to read the footnoted sources to specify what exactly people said about his private persona.
    I'd say ExFP. You'd imagine that his private persona, if introverted, would be INFP. But that's a guess. Performers are a difficult bunch... it's very difficult to tell from the outside. Just because he appeared shy does not mean he was introverted, as it would completely depend on what he was driven by.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Pand0ra View Post
    I'd say ExFP. You'd imagine that his private persona, if introverted, would be INFP. But that's a guess. Performers are a difficult bunch... it's very difficult to tell from the outside. Just because he appeared shy does not mean he was introverted, as it would completely depend on what he was driven by.
    Well, that is kind of what I'm getting at..

I was floored when my father tried to tell me once he was introverted.
    My mom, my sister, and I are all introverted... but he most certainly is not, behaviorally.

But I think when extroverts develop a quiet place / a core, that feeling of security and depth can feel very good and reassuring.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

INFJ. I am almost entirely confident about this one. Interviews demonstrate that he was an introvert, and just look at the way he effortlessly mesmerized crowds. His music screamed Fe. Another interesting piece of evidence is Mary Austin, his life partner, so to speak (he almost completely separated emotional attachment from sexuality, which implies the inferior Se).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I was floored when my father tried to tell me once he was introverted.
    My mom, my sister, and I are all introverted... but he most certainly is not, behaviorally.

But I think when extroverts develop a quiet place / a core, that feeling of security and depth can feel very good and reassuring.
    I hear a lot of extroverts believe they are introverted, due to social issues or their liking for occasional alone time. This lead me to ponder whether or not I was, as I have a bit of the old social anxiety going on... but no. Something I notice when I interact with others; I always focus on my own thoughts and I take in anything they do say and interpret this in my own way. Everything that goes on around me is processed in a way that I can relate to, I never consider others much or how they might relate to something; unless it might be similar to myself.