Thread: Siouxsie Sioux

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Default Siouxsie Sioux

I am giving my educated guess that the "Ice Queen" is an ENTJ.

She strikes me as an extrovert. I read something about how she'd be the last to leave a party. As a teen she'd go out alone to gay clubs and that's how she got into the music scene & formed her glam look. I don't see too many introverts going out to clubs alone as a teen.

Her cold delivery seems Te. Plus, she is one of the rare female lyricists to very rarely write songs dealing with romantic relationships.

I see Ni in her lyrics. The symbolism seems constant (ie. the whole song "Cities in Dust" is clearly symbolic for something other than its literal telling of the destruction of Pompeii).

To cement her as a J, I've also heard she was very controlling in the band and ruled with an iron fist. Her style, although strange, is impeccable (contrasted to the smeared lipstick of INFP Robert Smith). Her look and stage persona (very dynamic performer) seems to show her tertiary Se.

Any thoughts?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

all i have to say is that i love siouxsie; a real icon.. i don't know quite how to separate stage personas from the people behind them, i don't think...but i agree that she seems to be a thinking and intuitive type, based on what i've seen.

She rebelled against conservatives, that doesn't seem very ENTJ to me. I think ENTP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Why can't an ENTJ rebel against conservatives?

I think the reasoning in the OP is sound.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

I don't know, TJs are very unlikely to be rebellious.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I love Siouxsie.

I'm going to venture a guess that she's an ESTP. She's so flamboyant, writes clever and existential songs, and tends to keep herself firmly left of center.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    I don't know, TJs are very unlikely to be rebellious.
    Depends on what values we covet...
    Personally, I dislike conservatives in most regards.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    She rebelled against conservatives, that doesn't seem very ENTJ to me. I think ENTP.
    Hmm, but an intuitive TJ is not like an xSTJ. Intuitives often seem more offbeat. ENTJs are "visionaries", after all.
    When she speaks I don't see Ne, I see Te, but her lyrics show her intuitive side which makes me think she has Ni over Ti. That's why I went with ENTJ over ENTP. She has the powerful presence of an ENTJ also.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    I love Siouxsie.

I'm going to venture a guess that she's an ESTP. She's so flamboyant, writes clever and existential songs, and tends to keep herself firmly left of center.
    I think her lyrics are coming from an intuitive. I can't see a sensor writing with so much symbolism & metaphor. I see no Fe in that woman also. She really is an ice queen - blunt, direct & makes no apologies.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Hmm, but an intuitive TJ is not like an xSTJ. Intuitives often seem more offbeat. ENTJs are "visionaries", after all.
    When she speaks I don't see Ne, I see Te, but her lyrics show her intuitive side which makes me think she has Ni over Ti. That's why I went with ENTJ over ENTP. She has the powerful presence of an ENTJ also.

I think her lyrics are coming from an intuitive. I can't see a sensor writing with so much symbolism & metaphor. I see no Fe in that woman also. She really is an ice queen - blunt, direct & makes no apologies.
    Ah yeah, maybe you're right.