• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types of all the U.S. Presidents

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
I'm not feeling Obama as ENTJ. He has this diffidence about him in some ways that doesn't jive with ENTJ. I associate ENTJs with a lot of centralized, intense energy, and I don't get that from him.

I mean, it's hard to argue with a "he appears something else but he's ENTJ underneath it all" argument, and I'm admittedly relying on a lot of pure intuition, but I think that if he's an ENTJ, he's a very atypical one.

Well I would have to say the only one of his preferences which is questionalbe, just because of how he presents himself, is the T. But he seems more T than F to me, even though his chief concern seems to be bettering humanity.

theplacesyoullgo

Yeah, I'd agree with that. I also don't necessarily get a definite J vibe either.

I think the phrase I was looking for earlier was "calm and collected." He epitomizes that and ENTJs so don't.

Also, an ENTJ would have said something to Joe Wilson - ha ha.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Okay, there seems to be this weird thing concerning Grant.

Whenever I see typings of General Grant, he's an INTJ, however whenever I see typings of President Grant, he's and ISFP.

Did he get hit on the head really hard between the two careers? Because that's kind of a drastic change.

I could be wrong, but I believe the issue is that after presidents become presidents they get slammed in the face by the semi truck of American public scrutiny and judgment. As a result, they have to tone down their eccentricities and personality issues so that their political image is seen as well balanced.

Srho

MBTI Type
INFX
Obama's such a J it's not even funny. He knows exactly what he wants people to feel, especially concerning himself. He comes off like the most typical NJ parent of all time with the defined bubble he puts his daughters under. Not that that has to be a bad thing when you're a president. But ENTPs and ENFPs are some of the funniest people out there and Obama has a very calculated, appropriate sense of humor.

Torai

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jefferson was an INFJ.

We rule out ENTP because he was an Introvert.

We rule out INTP because INTPs have an inferior Fe, which was not the case with Jefferson. His Fe was strong. He cared about being polite and keeping the peace. He was also jealous of Hamilton's charisma.

One of his famous quotes, “Be polite to all, but intimate with few.”

Doesn't that scream INFJ behavior to you?

SamAdams

MBTI Type
BEER
i think Obama is very nt and his type is entj to me when he debates
Ni already planned out the answers and Te snuffing out wrong facts

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always thought of Obama as ExFJ. He seems too personable to be an NT I think. Probably learning towards ENFJ.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Franklin Delano Roosevelt: ESTP 8w7 So/Sp
Harry Truman: ESFJ 6w5 So/Sp
Ike Eisenhower: ISTJ 9w8 Sp/So
John Fitzgerald Kennedy: ESTP 7w8 So/Sp
Lyndon Johnson: ESTJ 8w9 Sp/So
Richard Nixon: ISTJ 6w5 Sp/So
Gerald Ford: INTP 9w8 Sp/So
Jimmy Carter: ISFJ 3w4 So/Sp
Ronald Reagan: ENFJ 9w8 So/Sx
George Bush Sr: ISFJ 6w5 Sp/So
Bill Clinton: ESFP 3w2 So/Sx
George W Bush JR: ESTP 9w8 So/Sp
Barrack Obama: ENTP 3w4 So/Sp

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Franklin Delano Roosevelt: ESTP 8w7 So/Sp
Harry Truman: ESFJ 6w5 So/Sp
Ike Eisenhower: ISTJ 9w8 Sp/So
John Fitzgerald Kennedy: ESTP 7w8 So/Sp
Lyndon Johnson: ESTJ 8w9 Sp/So
Richard Nixon: ISTJ 6w5 Sp/So
Gerald Ford: INTP 9w8 Sp/So
Jimmy Carter: ISFJ 3w4 So/Sp
George Bush Sr: ISFJ 6w5 Sp/So
Bill Clinton: ESFP 3w2 So/Sx
George W Bush JR: ESTP 9w8 So/Sp
Barrack Obama: ENTP 3w4 So/Sp

The only MBTI types I am not highly confident of are Roosevelt, Truman, Clinton (ENFP?), Nixon (INTJ?), and Bush II.

I can't vouch for their enneagram types, but you notice the extremely high prevalence of 3s, 6s, and 9s?

Also, *chuckles* the very low prevalence of sx?

9w8 and 6w5 seem to be very prevalent.

Nine/Ten Ss vs four/three Ns...

Eight Es vs five Is...

Eight Ts vs five Fs...

Seven Js vs. six Ps...

Very interesting...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my guesses are
George Washington: ?STJ 8w7 So/Sp
Barack Obama: INFJ 3w4 So/Sp
George W. Bush: ENTJ 7w8 So/Sp (seriously, watch clips of him when he was younger and when off the air)
Bill Clinton: E?TP 3w2 So/Sx
Thomas Jefferson: INTJ 3w? Sx/Sp
Abraham Lincoln: ENFJ 1w2 So/Sx
Dwight D. Eisenhower: INTJ 9w8 Sp/So

[MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]
LBJ is SOOO 8w7, not 8w9. ESTJ 8w7 So/Sp probably (compare to Henry Kissinger. a true 8w9 Sp/So)

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
my guesses are
George Washington: ?STJ 8w7 So/Sp
Barack Obama: INFJ 3w4 So/Sp
George W. Bush: ENTJ 7w8 So/Sp (seriously, watch clips of him when he was younger and when off the air)
Bill Clinton: E?TP 3w2 So/Sx
Thomas Jefferson: INTJ 3w? Sx/Sp
Abraham Lincoln: ENFJ 1w2 So/Sx
Dwight D. Eisenhower: INTJ 9w8 Sp/So

Well, this confirms it...

You are horrible at typing people.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only MBTI types I am not highly confident of are Roosevelt, Truman, Clinton (ENFP?), Nixon (INTJ?), and Bush II.

Roosevelt is often typed as ENTJ. But I think it's because he was a 8 that he looks like a Te-dom. Staline was a true ENTJ 8w7 So/Sp, and I think the difference is pretty clear. Staline was a "visionnary" in some sort, driven by a vision, by his own word, FDR was, above all, a pragmatist, and not dogmatic like Staline was.

Truman could have been STJ.

Clinton was an ESFP, I think. He was not an idealist, but a charming performer. He leaves me the same impression than the french president Jacques Chirac: an opportunist and an arrivist who is not driven by any specific abstract concept, but ultimately a -funny- president.

Nixon was STJ, I think. Not NTJ. Too much traditionalistic.

ESTP for Bush II seems right.

I can't vouch for their enneagram types, but you notice the extremely high prevalence of 3s, 6s, and 9s

Yes. That's in part because they are very current. 7 and 6w7 are very currents too, but there's not of them, except JFK. That's because they would be reluctant to such kind of responsability. By contrast with 3s who are very prone to take the role of social leaders.

Also, *chuckles* the very low prevalence of sx?

Yes, I noticed that. :biggrin:

Actually, there is no Sx-dom, and the only Sx-second are the So/Sx Reagan and Clinton, who clash by their unusual colorful attitude for a president.

You can also notice the absence of So-last. Which is quite natural after all. So, every of them are So-dom, plus the Sp/So. Not Sx/So because they are too much intense and extreme for that I think. The only example of Sx/So people who lead a state are Adolph Hitler, Leo Trotsky and the imam Khomeiny...

9w8 and 6w5 seem to be very prevalent.

Nine/Ten Ss vs four/three Ns...

Eight Es vs five Is...

Eight Ts vs five Fs...

Seven Js vs. six Ps...

Very interesting...

Yes. So ESTJ. Which is often considered to be the type of the cultural aura of the USA.

It's interesting to compare with the french presidents. If my guess is true, the typical french president is an ENTP. You can also notice the higher prevalence of Sx (but still no Sx-dom) and also the prevalence of 7w8 and 8w7. http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56528&p=1892411#post1892411

sylph

MBTI Type
entj
Enneagram
David Keirsey/ Ray Chenoire

David Keirsey/ Ray Chenoire

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd always read that Teddy Roosevelt was an ENTP, not an ESTP. I could be wrong though.

Emotionalogic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's my attempt at typing the presidents. Some of these are mere guesses, while I'm of firmer opinion about others.

George Washington - ISTJ
John Adams - INTJ. Maybe INTP. INTJ
Thomas Jefferson - INTP. Maybe INTJ. INFJ
James Madison - INTX INTP
James Monroe - XSFP?
John Quincy Adams - INTX
Andrew Jackson - ESTP Obviously.
Martin Van Buren - ESFP?
William Henry Harrison - ESFP?
John Tyler - INTJ?
James K. Polk - ISTJ?
Zachary Taylor - ISFX