User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 148

  1. #71
    Senior Member Valuable_Money's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    These are the presidents that I know by type:

    George Washington: ISTJ, (he himself said that duty is man's ultimate joy.)
    Thomas Jefferson: INTP, (an INTJ wouldn't have comprimised on the slavery issue.)
    Abraham Linclon: INTP, (he filed a patent, and was interested in new technology.)
    Lyndon Johnson (the reconstruction one): ISTJ, (He was soft on the old southern aristocracy and was quite conservative.)
    George W. Bush (the new one, I wasn't alive with the old one): ESTP, (he was a an expert of making an ass of himself, and was heavily into partying, as shown by his innaugural balls, and his huge spending.)
    Barak Hussein Obama: INTP, (he keeps things secret, on issue, and he is very strategic, as well as willing to let in new innovations instead of holding onto old beleifs blind to the contrary.)
    I didn't claim Obama as an INTP just because I want to hype my type
    .
    Nothing you said in parenthases is type specific to INTP infact by your logic nearly all poloticians are INTP.
    Also George W Bush is xSTJ, people arnt ESTPs just because you dont like tham.


    Also ENTJ for Jackson 100%, he was a excelent stratigist and If you ever read anything he wrote you would agree. He was in no way an SJ he believed their were things in life he wanted and he was going to take them full force. Also some of his more idealist ways of thinking, his almost religous reverence for the will of the people, hes a total N.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

  2. #72
    Senior Member SuperFob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Abraham Linclon: INTP, (he filed a patent, and was interested in new technology.)
    Barak Hussein Obama: INTP, (he keeps things secret, on issue, and he is very strategic, as well as willing to let in new innovations instead of holding onto old beleifs blind to the contrary.)
    Those're some of the flimsiest reasons to type someone as INTP I've seen, and I've seen my fair share of that kind of meager reasoning in my time here.

  3. #73
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    There is better evidence for Lincoln being an INTP than what you quoted. I guess that was supposed to be "icing on the cake."

    Andrew Jackson as ENTJ...sounds believable. So you don't think he was an SP?
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  4. #74
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    Also George W Bush is xSTJ
    Don't really see Bush as xSTJ, definitely not ISTJ at least. Can you say why you believe he's xSTJ?

    Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    Barak Hussein Obama: INTP, (he keeps things secret, on issue, and he is very strategic, as well as willing to let in new innovations instead of holding onto old beleifs blind to the contrary.)
    Haha, no way is Obama an introvert, definitely not INTP. Just because he keeps things secret, doesn't make him INTP. Don't see the sense in that. Politicians generally keep things secret for a political agenda, not because of their personalities.

  5. #75
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    Nothing you said in parenthases is type specific to INTP infact by your logic nearly all poloticians are INTP. Also George W Bush is xSTJ, people arnt ESTPs just because you dont like tham.
    There's no way Bush isn't ESXP. He's the only president whose type I'm completely sure of. I used to be midly obsessed with him, and have read lots and lots about him. I can understand thinking he's XSTJ, what with all that "I'm the decider!" crap, but he's really not. When he was younger, he was pretty much a stereotypical immature ESXP - lazy, restless, very impulsive, but also charming and gregarious. When he stopped abusing alcohol (I believe he quit on his 40th birthday?), he became more disciplined, organized, and scheduled, and when he got into politics it seems like he projected an image of being tough, decisive, traditional, etc. You know, a S(T)J image.

  6. #76
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Here's my input on a few presidents:

    Jefferson - INTJ

    James K. Polk - I don't know other than some TJ type, but he's my favorite president thanks to a combination of They Might Be Giants and a history channel program I saw on him

    Abraham Lincoln - INTP

    James Garfield - Has to be some kind of NT, but I'm not sure which. He came up with his own proof of the Pythagorean Theorem. Not NT's don't do stuff like that, expecially considering he wasn't a mathematician.

    Theodore Roosevelt - ENTJ

    Harry S Truman - ISTJ

    Dwight D. Eisenhower - INTJ

    John F. Kennedy - ESTP

    Richard M. Nixon - INTJ

    Ronald Reagan - ESFP

    George H.W. Bush - ISTJ.

    Bill Clinton - ENFP

    George W. Bush - ESFJ

    Barrack Obama - ENTP (Yeah I know no one will agree with this, but I'm putting it out there anyway.)
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

  7. #77
    PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon Sugar View Post
    Here's my attempt at typing the presidents. Some of these are mere guesses, while I'm of firmer opinion about others.

    George Washington - ISTJ
    John Adams - INTJ. Maybe INTP.
    Thomas Jefferson - INTP. Maybe INTJ.
    James Madison - INTX
    James Monroe - XSFP?
    John Quincy Adams - INTX
    Andrew Jackson - ESTP
    Martin Van Buren - ESFP?
    William Henry Harrison - ESFP?
    John Tyler - INTJ?
    James K. Polk - ISTJ?
    Zachary Taylor - ISFX
    Millard Fillmore - ISTP?
    Franklin Pierce - EXFX
    James Buchanan - ESXP?
    Abraham Lincoln - INTP
    Andrew Johnson - ISTJ
    Ulysses S. Grant - ISFX
    Rutherford B. Hayes - ESXP
    James Garfield - ESFX
    Chester A. Arthur - XXFP
    Grover Cleveland - ESTX?
    Benjamin Harrison - IXTJ
    William McKinley - ISFX
    Theodore Roosevelt - ESTP
    William Howard Taft - XSFJ
    Woodrow Wilson - IXTX
    Warren Harding - XXFP
    Calvin Coolidge - IXTJ
    Herbert Hoover - ISTX
    Franklin D. Roosevelt - ESTP
    Harry S Truman - ISTJ
    Dwight D. Eisenhower - EXTJ
    John F. Kennedy - ESTP
    Lyndon B. Johnson - ESTX
    Richard M. Nixon - ISTJ
    Gerald Ford - ISFX
    Jimmy Carter - ISFJ. Maybe INFJ.
    Ronald Reagan - ESFP
    George H.W. Bush - ISTJ. Maybe ISFJ.
    Bill Clinton - ESFP
    George W. Bush - ESXP

    Comments? Dissenting opinions?
    What's funny is that you're either close or right on for all of the presidents that I can remember Keirsey's types for. Sounds like a pretty good analysis.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!


    Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

  8. #78
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Barrack Obama - ENTP (Yeah I know no one will agree with this, but I'm putting it out there anyway.)
    You're wrong about no one agreeing with you. You're right that he's ENTP.

  9. #79
    Senior Member Valuable_Money's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    You're wrong about no one agreeing with you. You're right that he's ENTP.
    Id lean more towards ENFP myslef but I can definitly agree with ENxP
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

  10. #80
    Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Barrack Obama - ENTP (Yeah I know no one will agree with this, but I'm putting it out there anyway.)
    Man, I was thinking this, although I was leaning to ENTJ.

Similar Threads

  1. What's the most evil of all types????
    By am_i_evil666 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 235
    Last Post: 05-16-2015, 04:35 PM
  2. Who is the most stylish of all the personality types?
    By curiousel in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-07-2014, 08:41 PM
  3. [ISTP] Is ISTP the Most Intuitive of All the sensors?
    By RaptorWizard in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 11:01 PM
  4. Types Of All The US Senators in History.
    By Mal12345 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-16-2013, 02:29 AM
  5. [MBTItm] Analyzing the social skills of all the introvert types
    By Cypocalypse in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 01:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO