User Tag List

First 45678 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    that would put him in the light of Fe - although that could be a tertiary function, technically. it is also difficult to understand what exactly he classifies as a dispute in contrast to a debate.
    His most noted biographier describes him as having “extreme distaste for personal controversy” “was a defect of his politeness and amiability which caused him to seem deceptive.”

That doesn't sound like tertiary Fe to me.

But I would like to see what some of the people who actually use MBTI standards to type people weigh in on this.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    His most noted biographier describes him as having “extreme distaste for personal controversy” “was a defect of his politeness and amiability which caused him to seem deceptive.”

That doesn't sound like tertiary Fe to me.
    what does it tell you then?

it seems the border is that he sees controversy as unnecessary because it only serves to degrade (and thus waste time). i guess the contrast would be when he is having conversations about his ideas.

what about his mastery of many crafts?
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

heart on fire

what does it tell you then?

it seems the border is that he sees controversy as unnecessary because it only serves to degrade (and thus waste time). i guess the contrast would be when he is having conversations about his ideas.
    I've already covered this. He has most of his conversations about his ideas via letters with people in his circle of "harmonious friends." When Washington allowed the publication of certain letters where Jefferson was criticizing John Adams for what Jefferson saw as pro-monarchy type political beliefs, Jefferson remonstrated with Washington over it saying that he didn't want to deal with the conflict of having those opinions made public. Jefferson's anti-monarchial ideas were some of his strongest feelings/thoughts, that's why that example was chosen. It shows how much Jefferson would sacrifice to keep harmony.

Also empancipation. Jefferson did feel strongly about the need for the US to prepare itself for empancipation yet he didn't want his Notes on Virginia circulated out of concern that it would create conflict.

That's two very important issues to Jefferson that he allowed his distaste for conflict to limit and inhibit his expression about. That doesn't sound ENTP to me at all.

And I am not dead sure what it makes Jefferson and yes he does seem to rely on a suspicious amount of Feeling but he does not sound ENTP in the way he operated his political life.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

That's two very important issues to Jefferson that he allowed his distaste for conflict to limit and inhibit his expression about. That doesn't sound ENTP to me at all.
    instead of trying to eliminate all possibilities, try to see what function order he may have. distaste of conflict seems like an F trait, not a T trait.

And I am not dead sure what it makes Jefferson and yes he does seem to rely on a suspicious amount of Feeling but he does not sound ENTP in the way he operated his political life.
    post the analysis for this conclusion, please.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

heart on fire

post the analysis for this conclusion, please.
    You were just given this information. When it came to important political ideas, Jefferson put keeping harmony above asserting his ideas.

He is most often typed as NT, but how many NT value harmony this much?

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

You were just given this information. When it came to important political ideas, Jefferson put keeping harmony above asserting his ideas.

He is most often typed as NT, but how many NT value harmony this much?
    so what do you suggest? keep your train of thought going. don't stop halfway through, because then you're missing the other half (and it doesn't make sense to me).
    i hunt INXPs for bounty

heart on fire

so what do you suggest? keep your train of thought going. don't stop halfway through, because then you're missing the other half (and it doesn't make sense to me).
    I wish other people would come in and comment now. The back and forth between us will bore others. So I will wait for others to give opinions.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

i don't think others are interested enough. i'll give it another day.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty

heart on fire

i don't think others are interested enough. i'll give it another day.
    I don't think they are either. But one can always hope!

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Fun, looks like very good choices, too.

I never see much discussion about Wilson's type. I wonder, what are people's thoughts about it?

And the men listed below are fun to compare. The great "Personalities" of the presidency:
    Thanks for the comments, Cimarron!

I've seen typings of Woodrow Wilson before, though I don't know where. From what I remember, he was always typed as INTJ or ISTJ - I'm less sure of the "J" part, so I left him at IXTX.

John Adams - INTJ. Maybe INTP.
    Usually he's listed as some kind of ETJ. Lately, I've been thinking ESTJ fits him.
    I'm not sure about John Adams. You're the second person in the thread to say that he's probably ESTJ, and I'm betting the two of you (heart being the other) know more about him than I do, so you may very well be right.

William Henry Harrison - ESFP?
    You going by his choice to not wear his coat during the freezing, nasty weather at his inauguration? Or by his military career?
    Hee! I based this one on the small amount of info I've read about his personality, which is why I'm not very sure of it - see the question mark.

John Tyler - INTJ?
    Very interesting, sounds like a very strong possibility. People taken completely by surprise when his ideas become known. So his "plans" and ideas seem ordered and structured to you, versus something like ISTP?
    Yes, yes. My impression of him is that he was a rather inflexible, hardline person, which typically aren't traits of ISTPs, but might be of certain INTJs.

James Buchanan - ESXP?
    Somehow, I think an ESXP would have made a stronger impact (see list at the bottom of my post)...even though it was difficult at that time to make any impact that would be remembered.
    Possibly. He could have been an introvert, now that I think about it again.

Rutherford B. Hayes - ESXP
    Why do you choose this? Because he "ended Reconstruction" of the South? Or wasn't that just brokering an election?
    Because he was a fairly mellow fellow (er, pardon the annoying rhyme). Apparently, he was easygoing and enjoyed conversing with people. He was also very good at remembering people's names and faces, which is a trait that many extraverted sensors share.

Richard M. Nixon - ISTJ
    Most people seem to agree on the TJ for him. I don't think he's ISTJ, though. He had a lot of surprises and innovation...(even in a different way than James Polk or Andrew Johnson)
    I'm certain that Nixon was an introvert, so he was an IXTJ, at least. I've heard about how Nixon was strongly detail-oriented (I'll try to find a cite or two for this), which is my main reasoning behind thinking he's an ISTJ.