• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types of all the U.S. Presidents

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Obama's kind of a hard person to type, although I'd definitely say Rational by the way he acts. His "Yes we can!" slogans were made for a purpose. He's definitely not dumb.

I just hate his guts.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Id lean more towards ENFP myslef but I can definitly agree with ENxP

I see how he can get mixed up for a feeler, but in truth he's not, at least from what I've seen of him. He seems very tough to phase, not emotional, ruling with his head rather than his heart. ENTP.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmm, we are starting to see that old ESTP-ENTJ haziness again. With Andrew Jackson being suggested as ENTJ or ESTP, and the same with Theodore Roosevelt.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
C'mon, who else but an ESTP would round up a ragtag group of ordinary citizens, Creole aristocrats, free black men, indians and pirates along with the regular order of soldiers to fight the professional British?

Andew Jackson was a badass.

Strangelove

I can't say I know the types of all the presidents or any of them but here are my guesses.

Artisans
ESTP: Teddy Roosevelt
ESFP: Franklin D. Roosevelt, Lyndon B. Johnson
ISTP: Ulysses S. Grant, Gerald Ford

Guardians
ESTJ: George Bush Sr.
ESFJ: Bill Clinton
ISFJ: Richard Nixon

Idealists
ENFJ: John F. Kennedy, Ronald Reagan
INFJ: Abraham Lincoln, Jimmy Carter
INFP: George W. Bush, Barack Obama

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
C'mon, who else but an ESTP would round up a ragtag group of ordinary citizens, Creole aristocrats, free black men, indians and pirates along with the regular order of soldiers to fight the professional British?

Andew Jackson was a badass.

Yes, and who else but an ESTP would act like a 5 year old by flipping off the Supreme Court/charge them with enforcing their own decisions when this is clearly his job, so that he can remove a bunch of nasty redskins from their own land in the name of AMURRRRICAAAAA?

I almost feel like "AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!" was written for that guy.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I don't know about the Supreme Court ordeal, but his driving the Indians west of the Mississippi seemed to be a matter of trying to keep the peace between settlers and natives. I'm not saying his agenda was well-founded but that at least he wasn't just trying to wipe them off the face of the map like all those other beyotches.

I still can't get over his crusade against the British, though. That would be a dream come true for me.

Ardent15

MBTI Type
INTP
Ronald Reagan seemed to be more of an introvert despite his public image. He was quiet and soft-spoken, had a small circle of close friends, and was rather timid about exercising authority. Of course, he was an actor, so it's hard to know.

I would guess Reagan was an ISFP.

Bush Jr. is an ESTP probably.

Obama...my guess is ENTJ.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Madison made a major contribution to the ratification of the Constitution by writing, with Alexander Hamilton and John Jay, the Federalist essays. In later years, when he was referred to as the "Father of the Constitution," Madison protested that the document was not "the off-spring of a single brain," but "the work of many heads and many hands."
This shows that he is trying to deflect the spotlight, (I).

Born in 1751, Madison was brought up in Orange County, Virginia, and attended Princeton (then called the College of New Jersey). A student of history and government, well-read in law, he participated in the framing of the Virginia Constitution in 1776, served in the Continental Congress, and was a leader in the Virginia Assembly... In Congress, he helped frame the Bill of Rights and enact the first revenue legislation. Out of his leadership in opposition to Hamilton's financial proposals, which he felt would unduly bestow wealth and power upon northern financiers, came the development of the Republican, or Jeffersonian, Party... In retirement at Montpelier, his estate in Orange County, Virginia, Madison spoke out against the disruptive states' rights influences that by the 1830's threatened to shatter the Federal Union. In a note opened after his death in 1836, he stated, "The advice nearest to my heart and deepest in my convictions is that the Union of the States be cherished and perpetuated."

These passages show NT.

The British impressment of American seamen and the seizure of cargoes impelled Madison to give in to the pressure. On June 1, 1812, he asked Congress to declare war.
This shows he GAVE IN to the pressure instead of taking action. Earlier on the British were harrasing vessels. TJs usually MAKE desicions, not get driven to them. (P).

Source: Biography of James Madison

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
No one who ever read a biolography or any descriptions of Jefferson's behavior from his contemporaries could ever, in a million years think he was an E.
I saw a movie of Jefferson a long time ago. I do not remember if they spoke French or English, but there was this American actor, famous in action movies, in the title role.
It was rather good. It was based on real facts. Anyway, the Jefferson of that movie was definitely an introvert intuiter. Somewhere between INFJ and INTP. It was remarkable how he let his household boss him. It reminded me of a Losey film, the Servant. In the film the servant takes over the house, and the master becomes a servant.

In saying this, I do not want in any way to disparage Jefferson. His values were correct.
It is all what matters in the end. He could have been the best President of the United States.

Ardent15

MBTI Type
INTP
Ronald Reagan seemed to be more of an introvert despite his public image. He was quiet and soft-spoken, had a small circle of close friends, and was rather timid about exercising authority. Of course, he was an actor, so it's hard to know.

I would guess Reagan was an ISFP.

Bush Jr. is an ESTP probably.

Obama...my guess is ENTJ.

After further review, Reagan was definitely an E. And probably an N as well. ENFP, most likely.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Id lean more towards ENFP myslef but I can definitly agree with ENxP

If Obama is an NF I'll eat my hat. I don't even have a hat, I'll have to find one. He WANTS you to think he's an NF, but don't be fooled. He's a full-on ENTJ, and he KNOWS how to manipulate people.

theplacesyoullgo

I just came in here to say that James Madison spent his life as first Hamilton's bitch and then Jefferson's bitch and therefore shouldn't always be assigned the title of the "guy who was never on the losing side." :)

Jefferson was hardcore INTP.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
If Obama is an NF I'll eat my hat. I don't even have a hat, I'll have to find one. He WANTS you to think he's an NF, but don't be fooled. He's a full-on ENTJ, and he KNOWS how to manipulate people.

I agree, that guy has ENTJ written all over him. He just happens to be a T whose focus is on people. I am an INTP who is very people focused, but I am definitely a T.

theplacesyoullgo

I'm not feeling Obama as ENTJ. He has this diffidence about him in some ways that doesn't jive with ENTJ. I associate ENTJs with a lot of centralized, intense energy, and I don't get that from him.

I mean, it's hard to argue with a "he appears something else but he's ENTJ underneath it all" argument, and I'm admittedly relying on a lot of pure intuition, but I think that if he's an ENTJ, he's a very atypical one.