User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Ronald Reagan seemed to be more of an introvert despite his public image. He was quiet and soft-spoken, had a small circle of close friends, and was rather timid about exercising authority. Of course, he was an actor, so it's hard to know.

I would guess Reagan was an ISFP.

Bush Jr. is an ESTP probably.

Obama...my guess is ENTJ.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Gewitter27 View Post
    James Madison is an INTP, I'm pretty sure...
    Can you explain why you think he's INTP?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Madison made a major contribution to the ratification of the Constitution by writing, with Alexander Hamilton and John Jay, the Federalist essays. In later years, when he was referred to as the "Father of the Constitution," Madison protested that the document was not "the off-spring of a single brain," but "the work of many heads and many hands."
    This shows that he is trying to deflect the spotlight, (I).

Born in 1751, Madison was brought up in Orange County, Virginia, and attended Princeton (then called the College of New Jersey). A student of history and government, well-read in law, he participated in the framing of the Virginia Constitution in 1776, served in the Continental Congress, and was a leader in the Virginia Assembly... In Congress, he helped frame the Bill of Rights and enact the first revenue legislation. Out of his leadership in opposition to Hamilton's financial proposals, which he felt would unduly bestow wealth and power upon northern financiers, came the development of the Republican, or Jeffersonian, Party... In retirement at Montpelier, his estate in Orange County, Virginia, Madison spoke out against the disruptive states' rights influences that by the 1830's threatened to shatter the Federal Union. In a note opened after his death in 1836, he stated, "The advice nearest to my heart and deepest in my convictions is that the Union of the States be cherished and perpetuated."
    These passages show NT.

The British impressment of American seamen and the seizure of cargoes impelled Madison to give in to the pressure. On June 1, 1812, he asked Congress to declare war.
    This shows he GAVE IN to the pressure instead of taking action. Earlier on the British were harrasing vessels. TJs usually MAKE desicions, not get driven to them. (P).

Source: Biography of James Madison
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    I

^^ Alright, sounds good.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    No one who ever read a biolography or any descriptions of Jefferson's behavior from his contemporaries could ever, in a million years think he was an E.
    I saw a movie of Jefferson a long time ago. I do not remember if they spoke French or English, but there was this American actor, famous in action movies, in the title role.
    It was rather good. It was based on real facts. Anyway, the Jefferson of that movie was definitely an introvert intuiter. Somewhere between INFJ and INTP. It was remarkable how he let his household boss him. It reminded me of a Losey film, the Servant. In the film the servant takes over the house, and the master becomes a servant.

In saying this, I do not want in any way to disparage Jefferson. His values were correct.
    It is all what matters in the end. He could have been the best President of the United States.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ardent15 View Post
    Ronald Reagan seemed to be more of an introvert despite his public image. He was quiet and soft-spoken, had a small circle of close friends, and was rather timid about exercising authority. Of course, he was an actor, so it's hard to know.

I would guess Reagan was an ISFP.

Bush Jr. is an ESTP probably.

Obama...my guess is ENTJ.

After further review, Reagan was definitely an E. And probably an N as well. ENFP, most likely.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    Id lean more towards ENFP myslef but I can definitly agree with ENxP
    If Obama is an NF I'll eat my hat. I don't even have a hat, I'll have to find one. He WANTS you to think he's an NF, but don't be fooled. He's a full-on ENTJ, and he KNOWS how to manipulate people.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

I just came in here to say that James Madison spent his life as first Hamilton's bitch and then Jefferson's bitch and therefore shouldn't always be assigned the title of the "guy who was never on the losing side."

Jefferson was hardcore INTP.

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Gewitter27 View Post
    If Obama is an NF I'll eat my hat. I don't even have a hat, I'll have to find one. He WANTS you to think he's an NF, but don't be fooled. He's a full-on ENTJ, and he KNOWS how to manipulate people.
    I agree, that guy has ENTJ written all over him. He just happens to be a T whose focus is on people. I am an INTP who is very people focused, but I am definitely a T.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not feeling Obama as ENTJ. He has this diffidence about him in some ways that doesn't jive with ENTJ. I associate ENTJs with a lot of centralized, intense energy, and I don't get that from him.

I mean, it's hard to argue with a "he appears something else but he's ENTJ underneath it all" argument, and I'm admittedly relying on a lot of pure intuition, but I think that if he's an ENTJ, he's a very atypical one.