• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ariel from Little Mermaid

Do you think Ariel is an ENFP or INFP?

• ENFP

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

michL87

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I know it's "known" that Ariel is an ENFP.

However, I believe she's actually an INFP.

- She swims by herself all the time (I'm not sure if Flounder counts as a person or pet--I think pet), and he's just one person, not a group.
- She barely spends time with her sisters in a group; they say she's always off doing her own thing.
- She spends time in her cave by herself dreaming of life on shore.
- She idealizes Eric (lucky for her it's a fairy tale so he's just like she imagined. If it were real life, he probably wouldn't had been as perfect as she originally thought.)

Even on land, she still has a lot of time to herself (she likes chilling in the bathtub and needs time in her room to refresh.)

Does anyone agree with me? If not, what are the reasons for her being ENFP? (I'm sure there are many, since that's what she's commonly believed to be.)

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
EFP.

And yes, an S read wouldn't be impossible, I just think an animated Disney-style cartoon sometimes allows convention (and not personality) to carry the movie, and they all tend to act "N"-like due to the medium and the broadway style, even if they're not.

Anyway, INFPs are Fi primaries and Ne/Se secondary.

She's not a Judging primary, her primary function is so blatantly a Perceiving function (Se/Ne) it's not even funny. She immerses herself in things, plunging along heedlessly, throughout the movie; and you can be assured that an INFP would have pondered going to the witch's lair a long long time before finally making the decision, whereas she just plunged right along using her natural audacity to carry her through. She trusts her ability to react within the moment to carry her to success, and you'll see EFPs do this alot; INFPs sit back and risk manage and ponder and contemplate before making big big decisions like that.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My instinctive response was ESFP. The more I think on her, the more confused I get.

Not sure.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ENFP. I never really thought about it before, but I think it fits.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
ENFP: I've heard this from another ENF. plus she's enthusiastic, bold, and a romantic.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP. We too get our fill of people, especially if we cannot connect to them as they don't understand us and are likely to judge us.

The feeling of not belonging, of feeling like an alien, of being asked to act 'normal', idolizing boys at that age and going through what-if scenarios, and dreaming about what could be despite the clear restrictions of reality, not to mention gathering objects of said world and wanting to know what everything does, what it would feel like, yearning to experiencing it yourself? So ENFP, it's almost sad.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
So ENFP I thought that you were the voice actress.Anyone with such boundless enthusiasm is ENFP.