User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think Ariel is an ENFP or INFP?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENFP

12 85.71%
  • INFP

2 14.29%

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

Default Ariel from Little Mermaid

I know it's "known" that Ariel is an ENFP.

However, I believe she's actually an INFP.

- She swims by herself all the time (I'm not sure if Flounder counts as a person or pet--I think pet), and he's just one person, not a group.
    - She barely spends time with her sisters in a group; they say she's always off doing her own thing.
    - She spends time in her cave by herself dreaming of life on shore.
    - She idealizes Eric (lucky for her it's a fairy tale so he's just like she imagined. If it were real life, he probably wouldn't had been as perfect as she originally thought.)

Even on land, she still has a lot of time to herself (she likes chilling in the bathtub and needs time in her room to refresh.)

Does anyone agree with me? If not, what are the reasons for her being ENFP? (I'm sure there are many, since that's what she's commonly believed to be.)
    "Imagination creates beauty, hope, magic, and happiness, which are everything in this world."

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

ESFP

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

EFP.

And yes, an S read wouldn't be impossible, I just think an animated Disney-style cartoon sometimes allows convention (and not personality) to carry the movie, and they all tend to act "N"-like due to the medium and the broadway style, even if they're not.

Anyway, INFPs are Fi primaries and Ne/Se secondary.

She's not a Judging primary, her primary function is so blatantly a Perceiving function (Se/Ne) it's not even funny. She immerses herself in things, plunging along heedlessly, throughout the movie; and you can be assured that an INFP would have pondered going to the witch's lair a long long time before finally making the decision, whereas she just plunged right along using her natural audacity to carry her through. She trusts her ability to react within the moment to carry her to success, and you'll see EFPs do this alot; INFPs sit back and risk manage and ponder and contemplate before making big big decisions like that.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

My instinctive response was ESFP. The more I think on her, the more confused I get.

Not sure.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

ENFP. I never really thought about it before, but I think it fits.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

ENFP: I've heard this from another ENF. plus she's enthusiastic, bold, and a romantic.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

ENFP. We too get our fill of people, especially if we cannot connect to them as they don't understand us and are likely to judge us.

The feeling of not belonging, of feeling like an alien, of being asked to act 'normal', idolizing boys at that age and going through what-if scenarios, and dreaming about what could be despite the clear restrictions of reality, not to mention gathering objects of said world and wanting to know what everything does, what it would feel like, yearning to experiencing it yourself? So ENFP, it's almost sad.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

So ENFP I thought that you were the voice actress.Anyone with such boundless enthusiasm is ENFP.