User Tag List

Thread: Grizzly Man

Default Grizzly Man

Was he not a solid example of how an ESFP can go wrong? If you haven't seen Grizzly Man and have no interest in nature or wildlife, it is also an up-close look at an ESFP spiralling out of control into a paranoid frenzy.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlqSiP2WIuU"]"Timothy Treadwell" Rant[/YOUTUBE]

That said, there were some humorous moments in the film when he inspires a proper chuckle and a tender tear.

Any alternate type guesses?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I'm the only protection! How dare they!!! An American dissident!!

ohhhh, thank you for this. this is the best thing ever.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I really liked the film. I agree about him being a total ESFP.

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    it is also an up-close look at an ESFP spiralling out of control into a paranoid frenzy.
    I don't know, I didn't really look at him as that much of a tragic figure, except for in the ending. He seemed happy with what he was doing, and he even found a girlfriend to go along with him. If it wasn't for that one bastard bear!

I wouldn't call him tragic either. His demise was his choice.

But the Hollywood name-change, the make-believe pasts, the persona inventions, the paranoia, and the extreme isolation made for very destructive life coping skills.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTP

I wouldn't call him tragic either. His demise was his choice.

But the Hollywood name-change, the make-believe pasts, the persona inventions, the paranoia, and the extreme isolation made for very destructive life coping skills.
    Yeah, I thought the film hinted at some of the reasons why he thought he didn't fit in to society. Like about him being very effeminate, but straight.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Yeah, I thought the film hinted at some of the reasons why he thought he didn't fit in to society. Like about him being very effeminate, but straight.
    Y'know, he's not the first ESFP male I've known of that seemed to straddle that perceived sexuality boundary, yet insist they were hetero... And I don't think they're necessarily lying. The gender non-normative behavior seems to be an ESFP male anomaly that is something entirely "other." I'd love to hear theory on why that is. Is it a specific MBTI/Enneagram combo perhaps?

MBTI
    INTP

Y'know, he's not the first ESFP male I've known of that seemed to straddle that perceived sexuality boundary, yet insist they were hetero... And I don't think they're necessarily lying. The gender non-normative behavior seems to be an ESFP male anomaly that is something entirely "other." I'd love to hear theory on why that is. Is it a specific MBTI/Enneagram combo perhaps?
    Hmm I know xSFP males who are straight and have some really awkward ways of trying to prove their masculinity to people, but if they didn't do it, their orientation would probably get questioned more. ESFPs like Treadwell might not have been able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Hmm I know xSFP males who are straight and have some really awkward ways of trying to prove their masculinity to people, but if they didn't do it, their orientation would probably get questioned more. ESFPs like Treadwell might not have been able to do that.
    I have seen this!