• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

John and Kate

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You hear about them everyday in the news because of the allegations of cheating, by both of them.

My wife has been saying that Kate is Choleric, and John is Melancholy, because he doesn't really want to be bothered with all the attention. I have never paid attention to the show, so I do not know. I assumed they were discussed here sometime, and looked for it, but it looks like they weren't

So what type are they?
If Kate appears Choleric on the surface like that, that would probably suggest an In Charge type (EST/ENJ), and if John is Melancholy, he's probably Chart the Course (IST/INJ).

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
who are these people?

They have a TLC show, and have 8 kids. Kate is a nutjob, and to be honest it wouldn't shock me if the cheating allegations are true.

My sister loves the show, but I don't watch it enough to know their types, only seen a couple clips that highlight Kate's insanity.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Oh, I love the show. Kate is a very demanding person and Jon is the poor husband who has to listen to it all. You can tell they love each other, but Kate's extremely domineering personality causes a lot of fights between them. I wouldn't be surprised if Jon really was cheating on her. I agree with this:

Eric B said:
If Kate appears Choleric on the surface like that, that would probably suggest an In Charge type (EST/ENJ), and if John is Melancholy, he's probably Chart the Course (IST/INJ).

Last edited:

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Hum, she's the mother of eight children?? Well, if any one deserves a pass on being domineering...

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
Oh, please. They both are so fake.
It is obvious that although they try to appear as a happy, equlibrated family, the "cock" in the house is Kate.
She has a sort of obsessive compulsive disorder, like not baring anything not according to her will! Also, I understand that they couldn't finance the upbringing of 8 kids and had to appear on a reality show, but ffs, those poor kids will grow on TV!
In addition, why on Earth would she be qualified to write books on how to raise your child? What kind of qualifications does she have for that? My mom could write one too, she also had children, all of your mothers could! She simply appears on TV.

In my opinion, the cheating allegations are probably fake, liketheir entire show. Probably their rating was going down and they had to get ity up. Please.

She is ESTJ, definetly, especially with her being a control freak. He is no better either, first of all because he married her and secondly because he seems not to be able to impose his will. He is ISTJ. I pitty those children.

I also watched the dwarf parent family, at least they don't seem to be that proud of their "one of a kind" methods to raise their children. And they are not crazy either.

fway

Enneagram
8w79
I have Kate pegged as an ESTJ with her very controlling attitude, though I wouldn't rule out ENTJ/ESFJ. Jon is most likely an INFP, he's not really keen on starting things on time, but he seems to treat the kids as individuals.

ygolo

My termites win
John and Kate Plus 8

There was a marathon this weekend, and my sister is a fan. So I got to see quite a bit myself.

I think ...
Kate : Type 1 Enneagram, probably an ENFJ Myers-Briggs
John : Type 7 Enneagram, probably an ISTP Myers-Briggs

Classic J vs. P dynamic.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
If Kate is an ENFJ, she's the scariest ENFJ I have ever seen.

John does seem like INTP or ISTP.

/DG/

Wasn't there already a thread for this?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought there must have been, but when I searched, nothing came up.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
GF made me watch last night [she fell asleep of course, why does she always do this? Insists on watching a show then nearly always falls asleep on me. I must be too comfy]. I'm going to go with ExFJ for Kate [with some totalitarian compulsions], and ISTP for John.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'd be scary if i had 8 kids too.

Nyota

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w5
I've watched this show a couple of times. Personally, I love watching John and Kate's dynamic. It's so wonderfully problematic.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
this show is for suckers and last night I was a sucker. the only thing fake about it is that their marriage has been over for some time now and they are doing nothing but stringing viewers along. it's really sad for their kids especially when she's the attention whoring bitch who is tearing her family apart. i feel bad for jon too because he's her whipping boy and he's had enough. kate comes first and she won't allow anyone or anything to get in her way. VERY sad for the kids. :(

TLC are assholes for allowing her to spin this much out of control. They paid for her to have teeth whitening and a tummy tuck and she is now so in love with herself it's sickening. She's also not too bright. She took the kids to a museum that had the piano from the movie Big and when her husband mentioned it she said, "oh it was?" while the video playback showed her standing right by the sign that explains where the piano came from.

I'd say she's an EStJ and he's probably an InFP, or something like that.

kate_before_after.jpg
< hate her hair. looks like an baboons ass in the back.

Best thing you can do to end this crap is stop watching which I suspect won't happen anytime soon because people will watch anything including staged shit.

am_i_evil666

Totally unrelated, but I agree,her hairstyle sucks!!!!

She seems a control freak ESTJ and her husband like an ISTP.....

/DG/

Kate is definitely not an N. I agree with Kate being ESTJ and Jon being an ISTP.

Usehername

On a mission
Kate is an ESFJ. Srsly, 100% on the F. Note the inferior Ti when she possibly strings you with "logic" for a little bit (possible only because she fudges the data) but when you put her arguments together she fails and it turns out her entire motivation is unhealthy Fe-driven.

She does everything based off her feelings and then makes up the logic later. Definitely unhealthy ESFJ. Mespeaks from being the kid of someone very similar to Kate.

I always pictured Jon as an IxFP