Thread: John and Kate

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Default John and Kate

You hear about them everyday in the news because of the allegations of cheating, by both of them.

My wife has been saying that Kate is Choleric, and John is Melancholy, because he doesn't really want to be bothered with all the attention. I have never paid attention to the show, so I do not know. I assumed they were discussed here sometime, and looked for it, but it looks like they weren't

So what type are they?
    If Kate appears Choleric on the surface like that, that would probably suggest an In Charge type (EST/ENJ), and if John is Melancholy, he's probably Chart the Course (IST/INJ).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

who are these people?
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    who are these people?
    They have a TLC show, and have 8 kids. Kate is a nutjob, and to be honest it wouldn't shock me if the cheating allegations are true.

My sister loves the show, but I don't watch it enough to know their types, only seen a couple clips that highlight Kate's insanity.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Jon & Kate Plus 8 : TLC
    Welcome to The Gosselin 10
    Assumed everyone knew who they were. My wife also watches the family with the 17 kids, and the one with the dwarf parents (or maybe that's the same). I forget and get them mixed up.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

your resident asshole

Oh, I love the show. Kate is a very demanding person and Jon is the poor husband who has to listen to it all. You can tell they love each other, but Kate's extremely domineering personality causes a lot of fights between them. I wouldn't be surprised if Jon really was cheating on her. I agree with this:

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B
    If Kate appears Choleric on the surface like that, that would probably suggest an In Charge type (EST/ENJ), and if John is Melancholy, he's probably Chart the Course (IST/INJ).
    Last edited by /DG/; 05-24-2009 at 08:04 PM. Reason: typo

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Hum, she's the mother of eight children?? Well, if any one deserves a pass on being domineering...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

In my assessment: INTP and ENFJ

MBTI
    ESTP

Oh, please. They both are so fake.
    It is obvious that although they try to appear as a happy, equlibrated family, the "cock" in the house is Kate.
    She has a sort of obsessive compulsive disorder, like not baring anything not according to her will! Also, I understand that they couldn't finance the upbringing of 8 kids and had to appear on a reality show, but ffs, those poor kids will grow on TV!
    In addition, why on Earth would she be qualified to write books on how to raise your child? What kind of qualifications does she have for that? My mom could write one too, she also had children, all of your mothers could! She simply appears on TV.

In my opinion, the cheating allegations are probably fake, liketheir entire show. Probably their rating was going down and they had to get ity up. Please.

She is ESTJ, definetly, especially with her being a control freak. He is no better either, first of all because he married her and secondly because he seems not to be able to impose his will. He is ISTJ. I pitty those children.

I also watched the dwarf parent family, at least they don't seem to be that proud of their "one of a kind" methods to raise their children. And they are not crazy either.

Enneagram
    8w79

I have Kate pegged as an ESTJ with her very controlling attitude, though I wouldn't rule out ENTJ/ESFJ. Jon is most likely an INFP, he's not really keen on starting things on time, but he seems to treat the kids as individuals.

Default John and Kate Plus 8

There was a marathon this weekend, and my sister is a fan. So I got to see quite a bit myself.

I think ...
    Kate : Type 1 Enneagram, probably an ENFJ Myers-Briggs
    John : Type 7 Enneagram, probably an ISTP Myers-Briggs

Classic J vs. P dynamic.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield