User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: John and Kate

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Some quotes and stuff from a magazine article:

…nurse Angela Krall, who watched the sextuplets as infants for more than a year, tells Us that the short-fused Kate fired 40 nurses and nurse’s aides in the three months before she was hired.
    A 2005 AP story reported that a pre-TV Gosselin had petitioned the state to extend payments for Krall, whose fees were first paid by Medicaid.
    “Kate Gosselin said she feels society has a responsibility to help with the children, since modern medicine promotes the use of fertility drugs, which can lead to multiple births,” the AP reported.
    Krall reveals that Kate posted “demeaning” signs in every room detailing rules, and fired one woman on the spot for washing her hands in the kitchen instead of the bathroom. “Kate flipped,” says Krall. “She thought it was cross-contamination.”
    That level of perfectionism also tore her apart from her father, Kenton Kreider, a pastor, after he gave her cribs donated by his parishioners. “They didn’t match and Kate rejected them,” says a family source. “Things like that caused a rift.” Krall, who says all six babies ended up with matching cribs, tells Us Kate “thought they were owed stuff. The money factor was huge.”
    The bolded are some of the things that make me think ExFJ.

Also, she may be the devil.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjohryb6xAU&feature=player_embedded"]Kate denies child water while she drinks in front of her[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

All of this definitely sounds like anything but Fe! "Does she really consider the kids, or is it about what Kate wants? [Status, the finer things, etc]".
    Even this bolded stuff sounds more like immature Fi. (Appealing to a universalized value of society's responsibility).
    Any Fe she might be using most likely fits the "destructive" role, or perhaps just a left-brain alternative. (Like the need to teach children politeness. Probably no other way to maintain order with all those kids).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Some quotes and stuff from a magazine article:

The bolded are some of the things that make me think ExFJ.

Also, she may be the devil.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjohryb6xAU&feature=player_embedded"]Kate denies child water while she drinks in front of her[/YOUTUBE]
    She's a narcissist as well as being a control freak. Society has an obligation to help people who CHOOSE to have fertility treatments then CHOOSE to keep all 8 fetuses? Ah...no.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I would like to elaborate on what I just said above: Kate is a reasonably educated woman from a middle-class background. Fertility treatments are expensive to begin with (where'd she come up with the money for that?) and she rejected cribs donated from a church because they didn't match. This is not the same thing at all as helping an impoverished single mother on welfare. This woman is a monster. She wants other people to finance her plastic surgery, her matching baby furniture, and her fucking vacation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Remembering some of the earlier episodes, Kate seemed rather philosophical/pondering in an N, and specifically NF, kinda way. I think years with lots of kids would grind N behavior into S behavior, and force the development and usage of Te.

In the earlier seasons Kate never seemed like a monster to me, but instead very personable and interested in each of her children. I've not seen any recent episodes, but if her behavior has changed, well time lays waste to all things guess...

This lady is a bitch.
    I wonder, exactly how much money does she make with his show?
    She s really compromising her children for the sake of audience.
    I understand that they need the money, but then I could make 8 children and make loads of money on tv.

And Jon is completely emasculated. I wonder how he could conceive those kids, since he seems to be more of an eunuch for Kate.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Jon is almost definitely an ISFP-- he seems to show his affection for his children by fixing and doing things for them, which is something that seems very ISFP to me. Plus he is so reserved and quiet, but not in the... overly reflective INFP way, just like he doesn't really want to talk.

Kate is just a monster. Someone that unhealthy just seems hard to type.
    "People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy to have such things about us at all times."-Iris Murdoch

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Now they've just anounced that they'e splitting, and just filed the legal documents.
    Among other things, he mentioned being too passive, letting her rule the roost, and now he's finally standing up on his own two feet and is proud of himself. (Sounds a bit FP'ish, though I'm not sure how a TP would differ).
    She says the show shall go on, and she seems to be just looking forward, talking about how she'll survive on her own with the kids.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

It's an unfortunate situation. I guess the moral of their story is make sure you plan on sticking around if you're gonna mess with in vitro.
    Time is a delicate mistress.