User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: John and Kate

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Kate is an ESFJ. Srsly, 100% on the F. Note the inferior Ti when she possibly strings you with "logic" for a little bit (possible only because she fudges the data) but when you put her arguments together she fails and it turns out her entire motivation is unhealthy Fe-driven.

She does everything based off her feelings and then makes up the logic later. Definitely unhealthy ESFJ. Mespeaks from being the kid of someone very similar to Kate.

I always pictured Jon as an IxFP
    Good point.

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Kate is an ESFJ. Srsly, 100% on the F. Note the inferior Ti when she possibly strings you with "logic" for a little bit (possible only because she fudges the data) but when you put her arguments together she fails and it turns out her entire motivation is unhealthy Fe-driven.

She does everything based off her feelings and then makes up the logic later. Definitely unhealthy ESFJ. Mespeaks from being the kid of someone very similar to Kate.

I always pictured Jon as an IxFP
    Interesting perspective. However, stating that thousands of girls are replicating her hideous haircut or going to her hairstylist would be more specific to which ESxJ?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Without bothering to read the thread, based on interviews I've read and how they look and seem to behave, Kate = ESFJ and Jon as ISxx. (probably a P, but not sure, I haven't read enough.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

My impressions from the past from the show before were INTP and ENFJ. Going by apparent dominant functions, Im definitely seeing Fe/E_FJ, and it seems to me like I_TP. My N assessment could be incorrect, so I'm definitely open to the idea of ESFJ and ISTP. Things from older episodes made me more inclined to think N, but it doesn't seem as strong. Maybe they are N's and all the details of having 8 kids forced them to pick up a lot of S??? Also, they could have just been S's all along.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by me_plus_one View Post
    Interesting perspective. However, stating that thousands of girls are replicating her hideous haircut or going to her hairstylist would be more specific to which ESxJ?
    case for ESFJ = attention whore
    case for ESTJ = domination

i will nevah retreat from my unhealthy use of Fe/Ti analysis!
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

My guess is:
    Kate = ESxJ
    Jon = IxTP
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Enneagram
    1w2

I don't watch the show, never even heard of it until this whole cheating scandal erupted. I haven't even tried to type them. But perhaps this is a real life example of seeing real people and automatically typing Jon and Kate based on bad press...as in the oppressed IxTP under the ExFJ french-manicured thumb?

Is it this easy to thoroughly pussywhip an IxTP? A proud tear comes to my eye.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

The latest thing now is child labor charges.
    I have to watch it myself to judge for myself. I just know my wife says Kate is "domineering", which would suggest a Choleric type such as EST or ENJ. I doubt she would see her that way if she was a fellow ESFJ SanMel. Choleric types can definitely be attention seeking.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

OK; I'm starting to watch the ones that remain in the hard drive. My wife deleted a bunch of the ones she said were "the best ones" to see how they interact. In the newer ones, they have changed, because of all the current stuff, she says.

I saw the one where they were moving into a new house. Kate is obviously In Charge (expressive, directive), they way she ordered the kids never to enter the room and then made the father repeat it. This rules out ESFJ. Attention-seeking is probably something any extravert will do at times. She also does not seem to be driven by any Fe, ruling out both ESFJ and ENFJ.

It was hard to tell off the bat whether she was driven more by logic or values. My wife says she seems to be motivated by what feels right to her (which would be Fi). But she doesn't seem like any sort of FP type. So it would have to be inferior Fi, driving her ordering of the outside world. So it looks like ESTJ or ENTJ. I asked if she seemed to be driven more by the way things were, or her visions of what she wants to do, and she said the latter. So that suggests ENTJ.

The husband seemed like IFP, and I would say ISFP because he seems to be very physically oriented in his recreation. Hard to tell whether T or F, from him being so quiet. His seeming so docile with her makes me think F (like what protean asks). Others I see are saying T. If he was ISTP, then he would be part Melancholy (Chart the Course). But then is he really directive? Would probably be hard to tell, being that whatever directivness he posesses would be far overshadowed by her.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Kate is an ESTJ if I ever saw one. I want to punch her in the face.