• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rose McGowan's type

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
What say you to Rose McGowan as an ENTP?

Written interview (1997)
Written interview (1999)
On something called The Sauce (2007)

Various quotes:

The teachers didn't know what to do with me because I would sit and argue with them and take up everybody's time. I probably talked too much. I've always operated - even if it's egotistical - on the principle that rules don't apply to me, because I've always done whatever I wanted.

There's definitely a bit of Mae West in me.

I think I'm known for being smart, which is maybe more unsettling. I'm a big fan of Howard Stern, but when I went on his show he said something to me that was really telling. He said, "I can see why Manson likes you, but you're too much for me. You're just too much work." And maybe he's right, but it's not like I'm trying to be challenging. I just think people get used to a diet of beige and they can't handle it when something shocking pink comes along.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
broke this up into more than one post to answer, so i wouldn't get cut off (per your request as you pointed out, and were right to do so, it may help someone some day).

RM: Comparatively, I guess. I was born in Florence [Italy], and brought up in the same cult River Phoenix grew up in, the Children of God. My father ran the Italian chapter, and from the outside it would be considered strange, but if you grow up in it, it's normal. I suppose all children are at the mercy of their parents, and whatever trip they happen to be on, and my parents were tripping pretty hard. [laughs] I have no memory of them almost until we got out of it, although I learned to read when I was three, and I've clear memories from that time on. By the time I was six, I was reading "The Raven" and "The Tell-Tale Heart." My mom says that every time I'd go into a house with wood floors, I'd feel the floorboards to see what was under them, and I had really bad nightmares and started sleepwalking all over the place. I was also a very stressed-out kid. Apparently, I'd get very angry if my dad wasn't treating my mom right, or if I saw any injustice.

notice how she shows a very clear awareness that everyone has a lot in life and isn't whining about what she could, but instead takes it in stride, sounds detached, while concentrating on what she learned from it? very like my outlook.

i had a much worse beginning (in my own way), but i very VERY rarely tell anyone anymore, get involved in normal give-and-take experience-sharing, because i can't stand that "poor you" look. everyone had to deal with someone else being in control when they were kids, and no one had perfect parents. i gained my own power by learning from it and moving forward. you play the cards you were dealt. the end.

also, the last part reminds me of my outlook also. that 'injustice' comment. whereas i took what happened to me in stride, i couldn't (and still can't) do so over someone that i either love or who sincerely can't defend themselves (like a child). those things will make me nuts. put it this way, in school, i was a skinny little girl, but i was also the bully's bully. i can't stand injustice.

well shit. after i commented on the above, i continued to read, and she basically said what i just did:

Occasionally people say to me, "Oh, isn't it sad that you didn't have a childhood?" But I don't think that way. I think, That's just the way it was. I can't relate to anything else.

damn. now i feel for her. she can't hide it, so she has to hear "poor you". it feels like an insult when someone feels sorry for me. they may as well come out and say, "poor you, you're a victim" which implies you didn't survive.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
RM: Through my father's art contacts at Vogue, I had became a child model, and I was in Vogue Bambini and all those Italian magazines from the time I was three. I was ten when we came back to the States, and I had short, choppy, dyed, jet-black hair and I wore red lipstick. I still have four little '40s-style men's suits that were my favorites from this one shoot that I did. I wore them all the time. I certainly looked strange. But of all the horrible places to live in, my mother had randomly chosen Oregon, which was Tonya Harding Land. All the kids in the school I went to had that little chicken-hawk, feathery thing going on with their hair, and every one of them came up to me in the first week and said, "You're the ugliest thing I've ever seen!"

ha! same here. i wore odd clothing that no one else wore. hey, no matter what you do, they find something shitty to say, right? why not do what you want? at least while you're being talked about or teased, you're doing it your own way.

I always got invitations to join the cliques, but they weren't my scene, so I would hide in the library, which was what prepared me for acting. I'd live with one foot in a book, and one foot in reality, and every week I'd have a different accent.

this gave me the creeps when i read it. i didn't understand cliques. i had friends in each one, and friends who weren't in any. it didn't make any sense to me. i saw everyone as individuals. this of course, meant that i had better friends by default. it was only by accident that the majority of my friends were the 'outcasts' since they cared but weren't 'chosen'. to me, each person stood on their own merit. i couldn't care less who came from what family, who was rich, who was poor, who cheered or who smoked pot, etc. you were either decent or you weren't. i still feel the same way.

i also didn't hang with any 'group' of people. i was alone a lot in the library (either the one at school or the public one). alone a LOT. no one else wanted to go there on PURPOSE, but i loved it.

that changing accents thing got me too. similarly, i changed my handwriting every week. i still to this day don't know what my real handwriting is. i don't even know how i hold my pen. i never do it the same way. naturally, i've bothered people by being able to forge their writing perfectly because of this odd habit.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
The teachers didn't know what to do with me because I would sit and argue with them and take up everybody's time. I probably talked too much. I've always operated - even if it's egotistical - on the principle that rules don't apply to me, because I've always done whatever I wanted.

i could have written that.

my teachers confused my arguing with what one especially irritating teacher called "a short fuse". bullshit. she repeatedly said things that were horrible. she, for instance, would have stood there and very sternly and seriously told students that cliques were a GOOD thing. that's how her mind worked. tell me, did she need to be stopped? yes. because there were people in there who trusted what teachers said no matter how moronic it was and the last thing they needed was to have a person of authority tell them they're doomed. idiot. damn right i had a short fuse.

as far as the rules thing. yes, again, i played fast and loose with those as well. i fought if i had to (sorry, but a rule won't stop blow-jo from following you around school every day picking on you. my punching him and not backing down will). another example, i had a system where i knew exactly how many days i could miss before parents were notified. 15 days each semester. so, i'd skip exactly 14 each time, and do whatever i wanted all day. i could go on, but i won't.

I was homeless for a year.

i started running away from (whichever home i lived in) at the age of 5. i left home for good at 16 and was homeless for almost a year, but only after i decided to take a bus to NYC to 'hang out' for a while.

RM: I'd always been a wanderer.

i can't give an honest answer as to how many places i've lived. i've been called a 'nomad'.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
GF: And there we all were thinking you probably came from a Beverly Hills showbiz family.

RM: That thought gives me hives.

haha. it would me too. what kind of experience would that be? easy sure, but too damned controlled and stifling. not to mention "uppity" and "sefl-involved" comes to mind.

RM: Absolutely. She's filled with rage but it's obviously pain that's fueling it. I get a little touchy when people say, "She's such a bitch!" This sounds dumb, but living that part was like going back to my own life and saying good-bye to it, because I had a lot of residual rage - and still do - against various situations that were forced upon me. My dad refused to take pictures of me after I was thirteen because I was too ugly. If I went into a store, I'd get followed around. People would throw things at me out of their cars. It was just built into me that I was bad, bad, bad. So doing the film, I was basically healing that part of myself. I realized I wasn't, like, this evil being that I'd been made out to be. I had held myself responsible for years for a lot of things I'd done, but I was not a person with some secret agenda to blow up the world. Although I did burn down a barn once. [laughs]

i relate too well to say how.

all i'll say is that we handled it the same way. instead of going back and attacking her dad (or puke, seeking closure), she took responsibility for how his (and others) actions affected her. you can only change yourself.

however, when a teen, you're not sure yet how, so you show, and gain, your independence in other ways. going to the ones who hurt you for healing doesn't make sense to me. surviving it, rebelling against the world, even if in ways no one else gets, sets you apart from them and their actions.

i'll stop here. i need more coffee. also, there's so much in common in how her mind works and deals with things so far that i imagine i'd only bore you with more of the same "me too" shit. and, who needs that, right?

but, based on what i've read so far, and as you can see, my reactions, not in the similarities of our pasts, but in how we look at them, i'd definitely say ENTP.

ygolo

My termites win
I read through her first interview.

I don't know her type, but she seems like a soulful, intelligent person with a lot of spunk.

My initial impression is some form of Extroverted NT.

EDIT: I hope I didn't cut digestthisickness's multi-part post. Can a Madmin fix?

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
but, based on what i've read so far, and as you can see, my reactions, not in the similarities of our pasts, but in how we look at them, i'd definitely say ENTP.

That's good enough for me. Yay, another NT slot filled! :party2:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She's an ISFJ. I think Socionics is a better way of figuring out true type.

MBTI Type
ENTP
She sounds ESTP to me. She emphasizes the physical impact of her rebelliousness more than the underlying strategy or rationale.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She's an ISFJ. I think Socionics is a better way of figuring out true type.

She sounds about as non-ISFJ as i could imagine. What led you to that conclusion? ISFJ definitely obey the rules. They are Si-Fe. They are traditional, have clear cut morals and prefer peaceful interactions between people. They are devoted, hard working, gentle as bunnies, solid as granite. Extremely non-rebellious.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She sounds about as non-ISFJ as i could imagine. What led you to that conclusion? ISFJ definitely obey the rules. They are Si-Fe. They are traditional, have clear cut morals and prefer peaceful interactions between people. They are devoted, hard working, gentle as bunnies, solid as granite. Extremely non-rebellious.

She's a Socionics ISFJ, which is linked to True Type.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
you mean that's all i had to say?

THAT'S ALL I HAD TO SAY?!?

I was holding back here because I thought I had sucked up to you more than enough in our PM exchange. :D

All hail the awesomely independent, quick-witted and streetwise ENTPs and especially digesthisickness! :worthy: :wubbie:

Edit: Oh, I get what you meant now. :doh: To be honest I probably would have attained the blissful heights of INXJ certitude :laugh: ;) on your eager confirmation alone (since I don't see an ENTP bestowing it freely) (also I should mention that Blackwater - who apart from being an ENTP himself knows a few female ENTPs IRL (unlike me) - had previously privately shared with me his typing of RM as an ENTP) but your point-by-point comparison really glued the case shut for me. So the answer to your question is yes, that's all you had to say, and no, it made a positive difference that you said more. :)

Last edited:

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
that whole post was awesome.