• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The finest example of each type

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
My alltime favorite ENTP: Frank William Abignale!
My favorite INTP: Ben Stein...haha!
My favorite INTJ: Nikola Tesla!
My favorite ENTJ: Julius Caesar!

My favorite INFP: Edgar Allen Poe!
My favorite ENFP: Leo Tolstoy!
My favorite INFJ: Sigmund Freud!
My favorite ENFJ: Adolf Hitler! (not really)

My computer's about to run out of batteries. I'll do the sensors later.

Wait, what is this thread even about?

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
greatest as in achievement or type health and maturity?

wolfy

awsm
The same way that they have been "proven" through scientific studies such as the following or within anything involving the Big Five. You take a collection of consistently recognized personality traits, note that they tend to collect together with each other as separate types and from there note that a particular celebrity's behavior matches that list of personality traits.

So you are saying that there are 16 patterns of behaviour that can be mapped and measured, then used to type a celebrity using youtube snippets and articles on the internet?

It's subjective. They don't call it a soft science for nothing.

“The only possible conclusion the social sciences can draw is: some do, some don't”
Ernest Rutherford

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
So you are saying that there are 16 patterns of behaviour that can be mapped and measured, then used to type a celebrity using youtube snippets and articles on the internet?

It's subjective. They don't call it a soft science for nothing.

“The only possible conclusion the social sciences can draw is: some do, some don't”
Ernest Rutherford

Social Science is used in everything from military training to modern advertising. Love it or hate it, the entire standardized testing system is based around its results. As for the Rutherford quote, the same can be said for every facet of science. That's why science is used to predict the traits of large groups and to reveal overall probabilities as opposed to claiming to cover every abnormality or individual. With that said, you can still scale large scale statistics down to the individual to predict certain outcomes. There are exceptions to the rule but I can reasonably say that the son of an alcoholic father is more likely to become an alcoholic himself and that he would do himself well to stay away from it.

wolfy

awsm
Social Science is used in everything from military training to modern advertising. Love it or hate it, the entire standardized testing system is based around its results. As for the Rutherford quote, the same can be said for every facet of science. That's why science is used to predict the traits of large groups and to reveal overall probabilities as opposed to claiming to cover every abnormality or individual. With that said, you can still scale large scale statistics down to the individual to predict certain outcomes. There are exceptions to the rule but I can reasonably say that the son of an alcoholic father is more likely to become an alcoholic himself and that he would do himself well to stay away from it.

I find the Social Sciences extremely useful and interesting.
I just don't see how people can make statements that some celebrity is definitely a certain type.
The best you could do is say that in your opinion of what you know about him you think he is such and such a type.
How could you ever know?

So using Keirsey's list was just a quick short cut. For all I know any of the people on his lists could be another type. Nobody could really say for sure.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I find the Social Sciences extremely useful and interesting.
I just don't see how people can make statements that some celebrity is definitely a certain type.
The best you could do is say that in your opinion of what you know about him you think he is such and such a type.
How could you ever know?

So using Keirsey's list was just a quick short cut. For all I know any of the people on his lists could be another type. Nobody could really say for sure.

Same here. And that's exactly why I gave my list as a series of "guesses". I read a 500-page, small texted, biographical tome on Thomas Edison but I wouldn't be certain about typing him even if I met him in person. You can really only narrow the guesses down to series of probable choices and anyone who says otherwise seems to be overestimating their very human abilities.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTP= Gregory House (fictional though)
ISTP= Clint Eastwood
ISFP= Michael Jackson?
INTJ= Issac Newton
INFJ= Nicole Kidman
ISTJ= The dude from the movie "Taken"
ENFP= Robin Williams
ESTP= Madonna???
ENTJ= Jim Carey (but he's probably ENTP)
ENFJ= Sean Connery

I missed a few types, I could put in more fictional characters though to fix it.

Nikola Tesla may have been ENTP, and he had quite a few mental issues, so I would count him out anyways.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Without looking at any other entries, here's my attempt:

ESTJ: Courtney Cox
ESTP: Jack Nicholson
ESFJ: Jennifer Aniston
ESFP: Cameron Diaz
ISFP: Michael Jackson
ISFJ: Michael Caine
ISTP: Clint Eastwood
ISTJ: Anthony Hopkins
INTJ: Jodie Foster
INTP: Philip Seymour Hoffman
INFP: Johnny Depp
INFJ: Nicole Kidman
ENFJ: Sean Connery
ENFP: Robin Williams
ENTP: Jim Carrey
ENTJ: George Clooney

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Nahhh, I don't want to be Robin Williams! Aren't there any awesome ENFPs?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Nahhh, I don't want to be Robin Williams! Aren't there any awesome ENFPs?

This post doesn't even deserve a reply but....How dare you!!!Robin Williams is your daddy!And my daddy too!In fact, he's everyone's daddy!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This post doesn't even deserve a reply but....How dare you!!!Robin Williams is your daddy!And my daddy too!In fact, he's everyone's daddy!

z7shysterical.gif

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
INTP: Albert Einstein
ENTP: Benjamin Franklin
INTJ: Issac Newton
ENTJ: Julius Caesar

INFP: William Shakespeare
ENFP: Mark Twain
INFJ: Mohandas Gandhi
ENFJ: Martin Luther King Jr.

ISTJ: George Washington
ESTJ: John D. Rockefeller
ISFJ: Robert E. Lee
ESFJ: Jack Benny

ISTP: Michael Jordan
ESTP: Franklin Roosevelt
ISFP: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
ESFP: Elvis Presley

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
ENTP: Lenin
ENTJ: Napoleon
INTJ: Stephen Hawking
INTP : Albert Einstein

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
you guys are right, Clint Eastwood and Bruce Lee were both great examples of ISTPs. they are ISTP icons.
also, i will add James Dean as an ISTP.