User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 169

  1. #121
    Senior Member Into It's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    664

    Default

    My alltime favorite ENTP: Frank William Abignale!
    My favorite INTP: Ben Stein...haha!
    My favorite INTJ: Nikola Tesla!
    My favorite ENTJ: Julius Caesar!

    My favorite INFP: Edgar Allen Poe!
    My favorite ENFP: Leo Tolstoy!
    My favorite INFJ: Sigmund Freud!
    My favorite ENFJ: Adolf Hitler! (not really)

    My computer's about to run out of batteries. I'll do the sensors later.

    Wait, what is this thread even about?
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

  2. #122
    loopy Ulaes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd
    Posts
    850

    Default

    greatest as in achievement or type health and maturity?

  3. #123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
    The same way that they have been "proven" through scientific studies such as the following or within anything involving the Big Five. You take a collection of consistently recognized personality traits, note that they tend to collect together with each other as separate types and from there note that a particular celebrity's behavior matches that list of personality traits.
    So you are saying that there are 16 patterns of behaviour that can be mapped and measured, then used to type a celebrity using youtube snippets and articles on the internet?

    It's subjective. They don't call it a soft science for nothing.

    The only possible conclusion the social sciences can draw is: some do, some don't
    Ernest Rutherford

  4. #124
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    My favorite ENTJ: Julius Caesar!
    No offence, but Julius caesar is an ENTX or ENTP. There is no evidence he is an entj, as he took many uncalculated risks in life.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  5. #125
    Intriguing.... Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    greatest as in achievement or type health and maturity?
    Whatever you want.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

    Quinlan's Creations

  6. #126
    Senior Member LunarMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3
    Socionics
    ENTJ
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    So you are saying that there are 16 patterns of behaviour that can be mapped and measured, then used to type a celebrity using youtube snippets and articles on the internet?

    It's subjective. They don't call it a soft science for nothing.

    The only possible conclusion the social sciences can draw is: some do, some don't
    Ernest Rutherford
    Social Science is used in everything from military training to modern advertising. Love it or hate it, the entire standardized testing system is based around its results. As for the Rutherford quote, the same can be said for every facet of science. That's why science is used to predict the traits of large groups and to reveal overall probabilities as opposed to claiming to cover every abnormality or individual. With that said, you can still scale large scale statistics down to the individual to predict certain outcomes. There are exceptions to the rule but I can reasonably say that the son of an alcoholic father is more likely to become an alcoholic himself and that he would do himself well to stay away from it.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

  7. #127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
    Social Science is used in everything from military training to modern advertising. Love it or hate it, the entire standardized testing system is based around its results. As for the Rutherford quote, the same can be said for every facet of science. That's why science is used to predict the traits of large groups and to reveal overall probabilities as opposed to claiming to cover every abnormality or individual. With that said, you can still scale large scale statistics down to the individual to predict certain outcomes. There are exceptions to the rule but I can reasonably say that the son of an alcoholic father is more likely to become an alcoholic himself and that he would do himself well to stay away from it.
    I find the Social Sciences extremely useful and interesting.
    I just don't see how people can make statements that some celebrity is definitely a certain type.
    The best you could do is say that in your opinion of what you know about him you think he is such and such a type.
    How could you ever know?

    So using Keirsey's list was just a quick short cut. For all I know any of the people on his lists could be another type. Nobody could really say for sure.

  8. #128
    Senior Member LunarMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3
    Socionics
    ENTJ
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I find the Social Sciences extremely useful and interesting.
    I just don't see how people can make statements that some celebrity is definitely a certain type.
    The best you could do is say that in your opinion of what you know about him you think he is such and such a type.
    How could you ever know?

    So using Keirsey's list was just a quick short cut. For all I know any of the people on his lists could be another type. Nobody could really say for sure.
    Same here. And that's exactly why I gave my list as a series of "guesses". I read a 500-page, small texted, biographical tome on Thomas Edison but I wouldn't be certain about typing him even if I met him in person. You can really only narrow the guesses down to series of probable choices and anyone who says otherwise seems to be overestimating their very human abilities.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

  9. #129
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    what gives you the idea that you're so important
    Hmm. You think you are so important that I'll repeat said earler. You are funny.

    i don't see any validity
    To see validity of my versions, the validity should be in your versions.

  10. #130
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    ENTP= Gregory House (fictional though)
    ISTP= Clint Eastwood
    ISFP= Michael Jackson?
    INTJ= Issac Newton
    INFJ= Nicole Kidman
    ISTJ= The dude from the movie "Taken"
    ENFP= Robin Williams
    ESTP= Madonna???
    ENTJ= Jim Carey (but he's probably ENTP)
    ENFJ= Sean Connery

    I missed a few types, I could put in more fictional characters though to fix it.

    Nikola Tesla may have been ENTP, and he had quite a few mental issues, so I would count him out anyways.
    5 3 9

Similar Threads

  1. How would you rank the prevalence of each type?
    By Stansmith in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-28-2013, 03:47 PM
  2. [NF] What Are the Best Qualities of Each NF Type?
    By Glycerine in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 03:27 PM
  3. [SJ] What are the best qualities of each SJ type?
    By Take Five in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-14-2009, 09:49 AM
  4. Visualizing the Functions of each Type
    By Misty_Mountain_Rose in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 08:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO