User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Steven had a very active imagination. Skinny, sensitive, non-athletic, he was clumsy in sports and wasn't drawn toward outdoor sports. Instead, he spent much time alone in his bedroom with the door closed. This was his imagination workshop. He developed a tremendous sense of imagination from the grotesque trees outside his window to the cracks in his wall.
    Steven Spielberg as a Role Model

Ne! Ne NE

heart on fire

^ Did he have any childhood illnesses? My ISFP friend has a congenital muscle/neurological disorder and has associated cordination problems but she's definately Se in her perception.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Not an ISFP:

YouTube - Queen - I want to break free

As in camouflaged ISTP
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Spielberg is clearly ISFP, a composer artisan just like Mozart.

But Mozart wins out for me as ideal ISFP!
    I almost chose Mozart. Bob Dylan too but Spielberg is the most stable of the three. My personal favourite from the Keirsey list is Bob Dylan.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

ENTJ - John Lennon
    ENTP - Vladimir Putin
    INTJ - C.S. Lewis
    INTP - Socrates

ENFJ - George Lucas
    ENFP - Mark Twain
    INFP - J.R.R. Tolkien
    INFJ - Hard time picking, too many awesome characters. I'll have to pick Robert Burns, for this one, though!

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    prove to me he is the greatest. prove to me that there is a difference between an average ISFP and a great ISFP. (hint: you can't, it's subjective).

honestly it seems more like you just want him to be ISFP because then you'll have a role model with the same archetype as you. i don't think an ISFP would be overstepping any boundaries, because that's not what SPs do. again, feel free to prove me wrong.
    Greatness is subjective but the second this topic became about famous individuals it adhered to a rough formula. Figures who become notable or historical in some fashion usually stand out as such because they are extreme. On one hand, you have the Savants who arenít famous in terms of historical greatness but for the extreme bent of the talents. Then there are those such as Miyamoto Musashi or Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart whose talent in an established field earned them attention at a young age. And lastly there and those such as Einstein whose extreme bent in a particular intelligence (spatial and logical thought in Albertís case) allowed them to break entirely new ground. For the last one there are some researchers who will actually claim that he was handicapped in one area and overcompensated in another. In the case of your Steven Spielberg he may have had an extreme bent in terms of creative thought for an ISFP. Historical figures are notable for the very fact that they are outliers.

As for the second comment, I recall reading that one of the two major developers of the C++ programming language is a confirmed ISTP. Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    If so why do all the type sites have him as ISFP? Including Keirseys site.
    I really don't care what type any celebrity is and only included him because other people smarter than me have said he is ISFP.
    Group consensus is an awful measuring stick of whether a fact is true or not. So is argument from authority. There was once a time when the greatest and most intelligent minds in the world would say that the Earth is flat.

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    I also refuse to believe that a person who dresses like this is an ISP. :P He's a man-child right down to the bone, pure ENFP.
    This stood out to me but the following statement is for the entire post and to debate against a common stereotype on this site. Simple non-conformity and a creative vision doesnít automatically mean ENFP nor does it mean Ne dominant.

As for my contributory guesses:

Albert Einstein: INTP
    Mahatma Gandhi: INFJ
    Nikola Tesla: ENTP
    Thomas Edison: ENTJ
    Martin Luther King JR: ENFJ
    George Washington: ESTJ
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

Quote Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
    Group consensus is an awful measuring stick of whether a fact is true or not. So is argument from authority. There was once a time when the greatest and most intelligent minds in the world would say that the Earth is flat.
    It's a perfectly fine measuring stick for something as silly and inconsequential as some celebrities type.
    What a ridiculous comparison.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

It's a perfectly fine measuring stick for something as silly and inconsequential as some celebrities type.
    What a ridiculous comparison.
    Wrong information is wrong information regardless of what it'll actually be used for. Just because their judgment is on a "silly and inconsequential" topic doesn't make it any more right.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?

Quote Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
    Wrong information is wrong information regardless of what it'll actually be used for. Just because their judgment is on a "silly and inconsequential" topic doesn't make it any more right.
    The earth can be proven to be round using the scientific method.
    Show me how MBTI types can be proven. Prove to me there can be only one answer.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

The earth can be proven to be round using the scientific method.
    Show me how MBTI types can be proven. Prove to me there can be only one answer.
    The same way that they have been "proven" through scientific studies such as the following or within anything involving the Big Five. You take a collection of consistently recognized personality traits, note that they tend to collect together with each other as separate types and from there note that a particular celebrity's behavior matches that list of personality traits.