MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    and WTF?! how'd i miss this...you...
    haha, sorry. your behaviour seems to be leaning towards a more happy/cute approach than an edgy or sarcastic one. i meant no harm!
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

uh huh...........
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Just wondering what about that particular clip that was so not ISFP? so I can reassess my type.
    His imagination is going utterly haywire, he doesn't strike me as very Se at all. It's like he's strung out on coke or something. How anyone can look at that video and describe him as anything resembling "grounded in reality" is beyond me.

And Spielberg is nothing like Mister Rogers, he's the crazy wunderkind of Hollywood. I just always saw Ne-dominants as "oh, what does that button do?!" kind of people, and Spielberg strikes me as that sort of person in everyway. We're talking about the guy who wrote and directed Close Encounters and ET here, people.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    His imagination is going utterly haywire, he doesn't strike me as very Se at all. It's like he's strung out on coke or something. How anyone can look at that video and describe him as anything resembling "grounded in reality" is beyond me.

And Spielberg is nothing like Mister Rogers, he's the crazy wunderkind of Hollywood. I just always saw Ne-dominants as "oh, what does that button do?!" kind of people, and Spielberg strikes me as that sort of person in everyway. We're talking about the guy who wrote and directed Close Encounters and ET here, people.
    thanks for elaborating upon what i failed to do, boyo.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Where was his imagination? He was just describing what he did as a child, he was looking for something that was actually there, the faint signal coming through of a concrete reality (real tv show) and he wondered what actual real concrete TV show it was. A faint indication of a hidden concrete reality feeds Se, you want to take in more and more detail to reveal what's really there, to ground yourself. As a child I used to stare at the TV "snow" and pretend they were a swarm of ants, and I kept waiting for one of them to do something special, then I would know that one was the "Atom" ant, that argueably takes more imagination than what Spielberg was doing. Should that be telling me something?

He then went on to describe an act of extreme impulsiveness, SPs are known for their impulsiveness, no forethought, no reasoning, no meaning just pure (re)action.

I'm not wanting to start another debate, I'm just trying to see why I don't find Spielbergs 'pattern' all that remarkable. If I'm ISFP my pattern should be quite different shouldn't it? and I should find what he is saying as 'out there'?

Confused.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah, I agree with Quinlan on the video. His descriptions of his memories with the tv sound a lot like my childhood memories with trying to tune in distant radio stations. His memory seems quite detailed, and that doesn't seem to jive with ENFP. Yes, I know I'm stereotyping, but my experience with ENFPs has been that they have trouble remembering the details of stuff that happened a couple weeks ago, much less years and years ago. It didn't surprise me when I read a website that said "Si" was the weakest or least used function for an ENFP, it seemed to fit my experience with them.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Where was his imagination? He was just describing what he did as a child, he was looking for something that was actually there, the faint signal coming through of a concrete reality (real tv show) and he wondered what actual real concrete TV show it was. A faint indication of a hidden concrete reality feeds Se, you want to take in more and more detail to reveal what's really there, to ground yourself. As a child I used to stare at the TV "snow" and pretend they were a swarm of ants, and I kept waiting for one of them to do something special, then I would know that one was the "Atom" ant, that argueably takes more imagination than what Spielberg was doing. Should that be telling me something?

He then went on to describe an act of extreme impulsiveness, SPs are known for their impulsiveness, no forethought, no reasoning, no meaning just pure (re)action.

I'm not wanting to start another debate, I'm just trying to see why I don't find Spielbergs 'pattern' all that remarkable. If I'm ISFP my pattern should be quite different shouldn't it? and I should find what he is saying as 'out there'?

Confused.
    I suppose arguments can be made for both Se and Ne from that video, but he just seems like the sort of person who makes contextual connections almost instinctually, and his artistic output is often remembered for its imagination. At least to me.

Observation: IIT People with Ne are arguing for Ne, people with Se are arguing for Se. Maybe a discussion on E/I would yield actual results.

heart on fire

Spielberg is clearly ISFP, a composer artisan just like Mozart.

But Mozart wins out for me as ideal ISFP!

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Yeah, I agree with Quinlan on the video. His descriptions of his memories with the tv sound a lot like my childhood memories with trying to tune in distant radio stations. His memory seems quite detailed, and that doesn't seem to jive with ENFP. Yes, I know I'm stereotyping, but my experience with ENFPs has been that they have trouble remembering the details of stuff that happened a couple weeks ago, much less years and years ago. It didn't surprise me when I read a website that said "Si" was the weakest or least used function for an ENFP, it seemed to fit my experience with them.
    i have very good long term memory, but my short term memory is not as good. i would be able to describe to you in detail what happened at a specific event 5 years ago, but i wouldn't be able to describe what i ate for lunch a few days ago.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Observation: IIT People with Ne are arguing for Ne, people with Se are arguing for Se. Maybe a discussion on E/I would yield actual results.
    He seems to have had quite an introverted childhood but then he is so damn engaging and excitable when discussing movies. It's a tough one.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations