User Tag List

12 Last

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Default Angels and Demons

Anyone else seen it yet? How would you type the characters? To anyone who read the book, how do the characters differ in the movie?

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Langdon: xNTx? Maybe INFJ. Have only seen a trailer, but saw the first one and read Angels and Demons and Da Vinci Code.
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

i saw it on premiere night. i'm not going to type the characters because they simply don't interest me enough. it doesn't seem like they were the focus of the movie; and as i haven't read the book, i don't think i could give off proper analysis of them.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Hmm....

Langdon: INTP
    Vittoria: Not really developed enough to tell. ESTP?
    The Camerlengo: ENFJ

I don't think reading the book gives you that much better an idea of the characters' types, for what it's worth.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

No real Angels or Demons.

False advertising. hmph!
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I read the book last fall/late summer, and it was brilliant. Not saying I necessarily believe all of it, but the speculation is genius. I loved it more than the DaVinci Code, which I've also read.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I should be getting around to it as soon as I have some time on my hands. From the book, alone, Langdon strikes me as an INTP, no doubt. I don't know about the movie, as Tom Hanks' personality will probably seep through and I don't think he's an INTP.

edit:
    Vittoria: strikes me as an ENFP
    Chamerlengo: ENFJ
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    Anyone else seen it yet?
    No I haven't, and I have no real intention of doing so. The Da Vinci Code was utter garbage, and I'm quite surprised so much controversy was stirred up over it.

To all Christians who were concerned about the film: if anyone is so weak in their faith that this piece of crap could cause doubt in them, well then we're probably better off without them.

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    No I haven't, and I have no real intention of doing so. The Da Vinci Code was utter garbage, and I'm quite surprised so much controversy was stirred up over it.

To all Christians who were concerned about the film: if anyone is so weak in their faith that this piece of crap could cause doubt in them, well then we're probably better off without them.
    Yeah it's as realistic as a cartoon, but the stories are entertaining. The movie version of da vinci code was crap, though the book was good imo. The reason i saw A&D was because I tend to like the movies of Hanks and McGregor.

That being said, A&D is markedly less anti-christian then the da vinci code.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I saw it on Sunday! It was entertaining (but not really a movie that would make any sense on rewatch). But most effective antagonist (the hitman) I've seen in forever. The poor cops were dropping like flies! But seriously, least logical evil plan ever. What? The Carmelengo planned all along that Robert Langdon would find the antimatter just in time for him to do a magnificent helicopter rescue (and planned that he would survive the parachute antics?... and that he was gonna brand himself and blame it on... someone who just jumped out the window?). Movie would've been awesomer if the Carmelengo *was* Illuminati and had to reveal himself to help stop the "bomb". See, that sort of makes sense. But I did appreciate that his speech about how a bunch of old guys cloistered in their little bubble are just the "common folk" was undone by how crazy he was.

And where was the clue-following? Langdon was hardly a presence in a movie where he was the main character. No one to root for.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

I've seen both movies and books and Angels and Demons is the better of both.
    Movie was really good (worth seeing unlike the other) and the books insanely good.
    Da Vince Code is a good read as well though the movie sucked. Never seen why it caused so much fuss though as none of it actually seemed to completely contradict part of the bible just add to it.

Robert Langdon Is either an INTP or an INFJ. Clearly good Ti and strong intuition. Guessing by his hopelessness with female characters and his love of knowledge and the sheer amount he knows.
    Not sure bout other characters as i ain't read the books for a year or so.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!